Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    I hear both of you and have added this to the mmo-champion version (unfortunately, I cannot fit it in the google doc):

I really like it a lot and was happy to find a picture that matches the art of the other instruments! lol
    Nice! Adding drums really rounds out the class. I could see an orc as a bard with drums for sure.

One thing that I thought would be cool and make the class fit the mounted drummer units from WC3 is if the bard could play some kind of buff song while mounted, almost like paladins and Crusader Aura. Not attack while mounted, but maybe regen life, mana, and/or secondary resources for the party. Possibly a cooldown shortening song would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I love this. It's so well thoughtout and the abilities / passives are believable.

There was a time back in Blizzard's heyday when they hired people off the forums (usually with no experience in the field / degrees) to work for them. Posts like yours make me miss that time because it was a far more creative time for the company.
    Thank you! It would be an insane dream to be help developing a game I've played since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Nice! Adding drums really rounds out the class. I could see an orc as a bard with drums for sure.

One thing that I thought would be cool and make the class fit the mounted drummer units from WC3 is if the bard could play some kind of buff song while mounted, almost like paladins and Crusader Aura. Not attack while mounted, but maybe regen life, mana, and/or secondary resources for the party. Possibly a cooldown shortening song would work too.
    I agree! And your suggestion is something I could definitely add if I ever found the desire to make talents, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the effort you put into this. This was a lot of work.

But Bards as a whole are very difficult to put into Warcraft fantasy. Warcraft is based on more primitive time- pre-renaissance era. So fine arts aren't as developed in Warcraft lore as in other fantasies. I suppose one can make a case for Elves (of all kinds) being matured as a civ enough to have had a cultural bloom. Specially Nightbornes - Suramar is an architectural wonder.

So I am not getting the vibes of traveling ministrels, troubadours or bards in a Warcraft universe. Maybe it is a short coming at my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I agree! And your suggestion is something I could definitely add if I ever found the desire to make talents, lol.
    I'd love to see your ideas for bard talents, you did a great job coming up with necromancer ones!

Rift had a "Bard" spec for Rogues that was pretty much just a healer/buffbot. You threw out some light dps and healing while using AoE buff spells that lasted 30 seconds. But that is because Rift had a dedicated "Support" role, where you just did some okay damage/healing, but mostly just buffed your allies and debuffed enemies. A pretty cool concept, but not many people want to play a cheerleader, they want to be the actual players.

Terrible...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Hilariously imbalanced mess.

What I don't understand is why people who want bard in the game can't grasp the fact that it will never work.

1) their dps is trash and they are full support

-either overpowered and mandatory (this guy thinks that some of these abilities are ok LOL)
    -or small shit buffs that don't do anything and no one plays one.

2) they are a "full dps" with ghetto support abilities

-the dps they bring is good and the support is good (over powered)
    -the dps they bring is good and the support is garbage (might as well just be another dps class)

The "support role" does not work in wow, unless they reformat dungeons, raids, specs to have MORE support classes/specs than one. Run a RIFT style game where you could run 1-1-1-2.
    What about a fantasy roleplaying game?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the Bard class in D&D/other games but seeing how you've managed to think of something really cool for each instrument's abilities really piqued my interest! Keep up the good work!

I would LOVE to see a Shadow Hunter concept! Especially if you used my style as a template! haha.
    Same. I've seen some small 'concepts' using Diablo 3 (?) Witch Doctor abilities, but nothing as fully-fledged as your class concepts
    I could probably collab with someone if theyu'd need help lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    I like the concept, Can see that you have put a lot of effort into this one. Personally I don't think Bard will fit into WoW, at least at the moment but some of the abilities I can see being cool in game. I do like your idea of minstrel abilities that buff players rather than flat out heal.

I think if we are going to see a new class it will likely be one of the already existing NPC classes that we don't have like, Necromancer, Shadow Hunter, Battlemage etc. (Shadow Hunter / Battle Mage future ideas for you? )
    Shadow Hunter class concept right here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52906195

I couldn't read all, also...

I never tought a bard could fit in wow.....

Thinking as the three specs (Healer by singing, Summoning by old myth song and a ilusionist melee) it may work.
    It might take some time so that wow can make something like that. Also, might be hard choosing the right weapon for a bard... bow/xbow/gun is quite strange...

No...not another EQ class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, I always love the idea of bards and monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I love the effort you put into this. This was a lot of work.

But Bards as a whole are very difficult to put into Warcraft fantasy. Warcraft is based on more primitive time- pre-renaissance era. So fine arts aren't as developed in Warcraft lore as in other fantasies. I suppose one can make a case for Elves (of all kinds) being matured as a civ enough to have had a cultural bloom. Specially Nightbornes - Suramar is an architectural wonder.

So I am not getting the vibes of traveling ministrels, troubadours or bards in a Warcraft universe. Maybe it is a short coming at my end.
    The lore concept I developed for WoW Bards revolves around the them being heavily involved in warfare, very much how they were used in ancient and medieval warfare; using music to intimidate enemies, boost morale, provide marching orders, and other signals. Orc Wardrummers within the Warsong clan also did this.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'd love to see your ideas for bard talents, you did a great job coming up with necromancer ones!
    Don't tell me these things!! Haha....Perhaps eventually. Inspiration comes slowly to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Rift had a "Bard" spec for Rogues that was pretty much just a healer/buffbot. You threw out some light dps and healing while using AoE buff spells that lasted 30 seconds. But that is because Rift had a dedicated "Support" role, where you just did some okay damage/healing, but mostly just buffed your allies and debuffed enemies. A pretty cool concept, but not many people want to play a cheerleader, they want to be the actual players.
    My concept is anything but a cheerleader. They're meant to do competitive damage and healing, but many of their spells just so happen to have temporary small buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Terrible...
    Haha, tell me how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Bard class in D&D/other games but seeing how you've managed to think of something really cool for each instrument's abilities really piqued my interest! Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! Yes, the instrument system was fun to develop. It gives them a lot of unique capabilities to make them more unique from other Bards of the same spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I like it, I always love the idea of bards and monks.
    Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    I couldn't read all, also...

I never tought a bard could fit in wow.....

Thinking as the three specs (Healer by singing, Summoning by old myth song and a ilusionist melee) it may work.
    It might take some time so that wow can make something like that. Also, might be hard choosing the right weapon for a bard... bow/xbow/gun is quite strange...
    I too found it a little strange for Bards to be using weapons, which is why I settled on the Magic Weapon concept. Your weapon would be imbued with Arcane magic and attack on its own. And are you saying you now think Bards could be possible?

I too found it a little strange for Bards to be using weapons, which is why I settled on the Magic Weapon concept. Your weapon would be imbued with Arcane magic and attack on its own. And are you saying you now think Bards could be possible?
    With magical instruments, they don't have to itemize new gear or create models for every raid. It can be changing spell animations instead, rather like a paladin using a libram to cast heals now.

And are you saying you now think Bards could be possible?
    Yes, sure. Good work.

Your post makes me happy. I would find a way to come back to WoW if Bards became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by authority portal View Post
    Your post makes me happy. I would find a way to come back to WoW if Bards became a thing.
    Aww, That makes ME happy to hear! Thank you and much appreciated!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I would like to play a support for an alt char - maybe this could also help with some toxic fixations on dps meters lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Thanks for bumping this. It's hilariously awful and lifted right from FF14. No one wants bards any more than they want "tinkers" or whatever. WoW needs class balance not more classes to screw everything up. And certainly not some flute-toting furry skipping through the fight and "healing" them with music.