Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You want real pvp? Go to Classic, had to be said

Classic is the only real PVP, Retail is a joke, and you can tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    Classic is the only real PVP, Retail is a joke, and you can tell the difference.
    Not sure if OP is retarded on purpose or

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

PvP is a joke in both games.

Avid classic player here. Currently rank 11. Classic PVP is a joke. It's all engineering items and consumables, it's extremely unbalanced. Also, the push for rank is the biggest laughable joke I've ever seen, it's literally a bunch of kids zerging BG's as a fast as possible, there is no real PVP happening, the best pvp seen is outside of capital cities in duels.

There is NO pvp in Classic, it's bullshit, unbalanced and utterly trash. That said, Retail pvp aint that good either but at least it's way better.

Sadly PVP stinks in both versions of WoW!

Classic PvP is pretty flawed,but at least it's not a snoozefest like retail PvP is I guess.

Honestly,to me the only times WoW PvP shines is in very large scale battles,but we've been robbed of that since we've got the 1.12 version of AV (and before anyone says AV is that way solely due to player knowledge,remember that 1.12 AV was a 10 minutes mess even back when it was current).

WoW's PvP just isn't good in small scale or 1v1,the only times there's something to it is when it becomes less about individuals and more about managing a group and using battle tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    There is NO pvp in Classic, it's bullshit, unbalanced and utterly trash. That said, Retail pvp aint that good either but at least it's way better.

Sadly PVP stinks in both versions of WoW!
    LOL retail pvp? where you have corruption gimmicks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes so much skill killing people with two frostbolts

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vs Engi Sapper gimmicks?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Real pvp? Meeleing people to death as a pally didn’t feel any more real then using actual ability’s in bfa.

Granted it is completely ruined now when Corruption came, I actually didnt count patch 8.3 but the WHOLE rest of the expansion. It's not good at all but it's better than Classic lolpvp.

3+ Year Old Account
    If you want PvP you shouldn't play a PvE game.

Two warriors + two paladins?

Good luck.

T2 geared Mage? Check
    Arcane / Fire? Check
    PoM Pyro? You died.

Casual PvP is more fun in Classic, if you have a modicum of gear that is.

Fights don't take ages simply because a healer present, it's far burstier without question, but gnawing on some enemies forever because everything just gets answered by some form of defensive CD, Instant heal or CC from the enemy isn't fun either.
    On top of that, actual class fantasy is present, the strengths and weaknesses of a spec / class in Classic are easy to figure out, the lines on retail are so blurred on that front.

Classic PvP is fun if you don't take it too serious, the skill ceiling in Retail is a lot higher without question, but in my opinion the extreme focus on people at the top of the skill ceiling hasn't made Retail PvP more fun.

Perhaps a small scale deathmatch is simply the wrong core mode for PvP when it comes to a game like WoW.

The only time i'm having fun on retail as far as casual PvP is concerned is when i get AV, which ironically has slowly moved back to the original spirit of AV.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-19 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Amen.
    /Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I have to agree with this. PVP has never really worked properly in this game because Blizzard does not put the Dev time into it that would be required to fix it. They spend five seconds on a band aid fix and then throw up their hands and say "we tried!" when it fails miserably.

I played both games- I find the pvp in classic more unbalanced than retail and it is dominated mainly by farming groups (which seem almost impossible to avoid). They just throw a bunch on engineering stuff at you and there doesn't seem to be much strat present in any of the games...... Pvp in vanilla was slighlty better as people weren't really abusing it.

Also remember- Blizz can't fix it (#nochanges and all that), people would cry a river, two seas and seven oceans. At least in retail, there is the possibility that they might try to fix it (even though they won't because they really aren't trying to even spend a dev half second on pvp).

no pvp gear in classic either, so it's as much of a joke as bfa

this is half true.

Classic offers casual PvP, which is fun.
    Retail offers competitive PvP, which is fun, too.