Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I haven't hung out with one of my friends since Sonic the Hedgehog was released last year. Fortunately none of my family members has caught it, but the whole lockdown has accelerated my Mom's health decline, to the point that I'm not sure she'll be alive this time next year.

One of my co-workers and her family contracted the disease, but apparently ended up fine for it. My secondary godfather's mom also had it and afaik made full recovery.

Personally it's canceled anything I would do with my friends for the duration of the pandemic, as it is for everyone, as well as last summer's (and likely next summer's, considering the slow rate of vaccination) festivals. I've also refrained from dating for the same reasons. Mostly enjoying me-time in my apartment, which is quite tolerable, if accumulatingly tiresome. I enjoy my dwellings here as well as the primary hobbies of video games, streaming shows and baking, though I'm still not quite an introvert, so staying by myself this long is abnormal. I will hold fast as long as necessary, but I can say I'm ripe for this shit to be over.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    again each year nearly 10 mln people die due to cancer. do you see mass media making daily huge anti cancer campaigns ?
    I forgot to wear a mask the other month and sneezed, and someone caught my cancer and died a few weeks later. Then I wiped my nose and forgot to wash my hands, and got cancer ALL over the shopping cart handle. Someone else used the cart and caught my cancer. I guess it's okay because it's not like those deaths were preventable by simple measures even a moron could manage. On the way home I made sure to run over a few pedestrians because hey, as you said, we're all going to die anyway, right? So what if they died at age 16 in the middle of the road instead of at age 90 in their homes surrounded by loved ones with a lifetime of memories.

As for someone calling you a hypocrite, they're wrong. In order to be a hypocrite you have to betray your own personal values, and you clearly don't have any.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in my immediate family, but my best friend's parents got it and a couple weeks later he got it. Not much of an issue for him, but it was really rough for his parents. He also had a few coworkers get it, two recovered almost immediately and the third wound up hospitalized for a while and still hasn't fully recovered.

I personally just don't want to spread it around and risk infecting people who might be at higher risk so I take every precaution.

Its been great so far. Best year ever.
    I don't know any friends or family that have had it.
    I am designated in-office essential (power of attorney holder) so my bus has been less crowded and a faster trip. I also get to board from the middle door which halves my walking distance to my favourite seat on the bus. Only a few essential people in the office which is nice. Its like a weekend or public holiday. I don't shop, hangout etc so no impact there. Aside from a Saturday morning grocery trip I don't leave home on weekends (watch TV, sleep, game). The 2 food places I get dinner from on the way home (Subway & Sushi shop) are still open. Watching "normies" glued to the 24 hours news cycle and flipping their shit and panicking all year has been a laff. Job is pandemic proof and has only generated plenty of practically unlimited (optional) overtime. I've been saving to move into property ownership and probably stand to benefit when those who were only just clinging onto home ownership are squeezed out by the economic downturn and have to sell, bringing prices crashing down.

15+ Year Old Account
    again each year nearly 10 mln people die due to cancer. do you see mass media making daily huge anti cancer campaigns ? do you see all industries and companies chipping in to cure cancer ? and cancer patients ? do you see whole world making huge efforts worth trillions of $$ to fight it ?
    I know this person is already banned, but this is such a ridiculous stance to take.

Is there any high mortality disease with more public awareness than cancer? Think of how many products have been recalled or restricted due to being carcinogenic. Asbestos? Tobacco? Think of how many cancer awareness campaigns there are. How many charities. Ribbons, wrist bands, t-shirts.

And cancer isn't generally contagious.

Covid-19 is preventable. You can reduce the rate of transmission quite easily and save lives. We could even eliminate it entirely if people would get on the fucking ball with proper quarantine procedures.

If people weren't such selfish asses, we could have gotten it under control way sooner and things would already be returning to normalcy. Instead of handling the situation maturely and responsibly, they've prolonged the quarantine and increased death totals.

This is like if we had severe flooding, and rather than taking the time to pump out the water and put up sandbags, a bunch of people were like, "No, you can't make me do that. You can't impede my freedom by ordering me to take safety precautions. We're just going to have to live with water filling the bottom third of our houses from now on. It's fine, only a few people will drown."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I know this person is already banned, but this is such a ridiculous stance to take.
    There are also tons of mass media campaigns every year... sports teams don’t just wear pink for some games, because it’s cute. If you could get covid from something like smoking, I am sure there would also be an age restriction. It’s a ridiculous comment if consider everything done to combat cancer...

Like... every single thing that posts starts with... “do you see”... the answer is literally... “yes”... /facepalm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

kk ill risk another infraction but its worth it.

pandemics were always very cruel but natural disasters which "cleaned" the societies.

black death in middleages was a horrible thing - but it let people who survived flourished - and yes its a historical fact that level of life of people post pandemic back then was much better/higher then prior to pandemic.

people do die everyday - look at statistics of deaths to cancer.

here you have paragraph from WHO :

"Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and is responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer"

yet you dont see while societies getting together and spending trillions of $$$$ to find cure for cancer.

why ? its pure hipocrisy what mass-media did with covid-19.

bdw aparently covid-19 eradicated common flu - as WHO stated we seen 90%+ drop in flu cases this year.

miracle i guess.

ah yes - cruel - but statistics is cruel - because its not taking into consideration emotions only facts.

yes its very sad when people die - but we all will die one die - noone of us will cheat death . do you people wake up everyday thinking "this may be it" ?
    [Infraction]

indeed. my friends mother died because her cancer surgery and treatment got delayed solely due to covid - she didnt even had it - they just canceled a lot surgeries for months here due to mass hysteria back in febrary/march 2020.

she had very good chances to survive - but nope. she got denied life because of this. just like milions of people who lost oportunity to go for visit with their local M.Ds for months last year.

we will live with consequences of this for decades - obesity, lack of movement/exercising meading to lowering the body health , lack of treatment of easy to cure deseases , decrese in level of kids education making it for them much much harder to survive as adoults and forcing them into poverty due to lack of proper education . not even speaking about crazy debts that in most countries our kids and grandkids will be paying - forcing future generations into lower standard of living .

nobody talks about those "costs" that we will be paying as whole societies for decades to come.

this is why i have such and not other opinion on this case. imo it was not worth it to sacrifice future for present.
    You really deserve this ban. Yes, we spend trillions to fight cancer. And i really hope neither you nor your family get "cleaned" the way you're proposing.

I know at least 60 family and close friends that had it. One ended up in the hospital due to pneumonia. Affected getting a full-time job right after graduation in May. We still visit really close family but I tend to stay away from friends and extended family.

lol that guy got infracted and banned just for stating logic and facts, further proves my point really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not get it, but my ex got it and she just shrugged it off. She lost a sense of taste for several days and that's it, no long term effects or anything.

I stopped going to the gym because covid scares my wife. I have once again become a fat turd after having lost weight from said gym membership.

On the other hand, I've worked more overtime in 2021 than I have in recent years (physically at my job location). Yay for being "essential".
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Luckily not much. We all had a very light version (i had 0 symptoms) so its mostly just all small inconviniences.

something to reiterate. procedures getting canceled in March etc - was NOT due to "hysteria" it was due to hospitals being overwhelmed and yes we DO talk about those costs as well, those costs are why people insist that social distancing MUST. BE. OBSERVED. wear your mask. wash your damn hands, continue to flatten the curve so that hospitals can continue to treat people instead of being overwhelmed like they were in those first months.

my mother used to walk at the hospital. used to as she finally decided to go into early retirement because the danger was getting too high. she at least worked in a pharmacy where they already have plenty of precautions in place due to having those medication NOT get people who are already sick, because of careless contamination of medications. but she was STILL in a hospital. she saw first hand during those months were their morgues were so full, they had freezer busses parked, just to store all the bodies they run out of room for.

do not fucking talk about hysteria until you experience THAT.

and btw, to people complaining about gyms? you can still watch your diet without one. you can still work out at home there are PLENTY of videos on youtube. don't have weights? you can do calisthenics. and before you say anything about lack of space, unless every available inch of your living space is taken up by the furniture to the point where you walk ON furniture to get around? you have space. there are youtube videos to follow along with that require no equipment, no impact (so no loud noises to irritate your neighbours) and no need for a lot of space. there are videos on how to make your OWN WEIGHTS from pourable cement ffs.

is it as good as gym? no. but is it loads better then not working out? absolutely YES. "i cannot go to the gym, I'm fat now" - is an excuse.

that guy who got infracted? he wasn't stating logic OR facts. quite the opposite.

A couple of people at work got it but I don't really know them. They seemed to be ok. I am glad covid19 made it so I can work from home permanently. The only places I go are to the grocery store or restaurants for food (usually take out). I don't mind wearing a mask for that. Chatting on the computer with people is about the most social contact I want so covid19 has not affected me much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    I've been saving to move into property ownership and probably stand to benefit when those who were only just clinging onto home ownership are squeezed out by the economic downturn and have to sell, bringing prices crashing down.
    Must be nice. The housing market in Florida is a disaster with people from NY and CA paying over asking prices for houses (that were already grossly overpriced), very limited properties available too. I'm worried we're going to be priced out of the area when we've been saving up for years to become homeowners. I keep reading there's going to be another housing bubble as a result. I guess if you live in a state people are fleeing from you're in good shape, if you're in a state people are fleeing to not so much.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Very little, wake up, go to work, come back home, play video games, fall asleep, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Very little, wake up, go to work, come back home, play video games, fall asleep, repeat.
    Changed a bit: wake up, go to work, come back home, play video games, fall asleep, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Changed a bit: wake up, go to work, come back home, play video games, fall asleep, repeat.
    Man, I wish I could repair and install kitchen appliances from home

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I never got it. A few people I knew, some family some friends, got it but they all recovered fine including my 70 year old uncle.

Never really had a social life to begin with so I'm fine being home all the time since that's where I'm at most of the time anyway. I'm a homebody. I spend most of my free time playing video games mostly by myself. Once in a while I'll go out with a friend here and there then back home for another week or two. We text and chat on discord too though.

Work has been slow, work with the public, but it picks up every now and then.

I think Covid had a real impact on people not only physically but mentally. People turning into germophobes because of all the fear mongering on the media and just going psycho on other people who choose not to wear a mask or just innocently forgot to put one on when entering a public building. What annoys me the most about this Covid situation is that the media is constantly putting people in a state of fear telling us this many people have cases and this many people died but won't report on the number of people who have recovered. Maybe they did but I've never heard or seen any of mainstream media report on this and if they did they're not doing it enough. There's plenty of reporting on the number of cases and deaths though. You'd think they would want to give some people a little hope, a little positivity during these times but no it's just constant fear and death that they report on. I know this isn't a virus to take lightly as it can mean the death of someone especially those who are seniors and have pre-existing conditions but I mean they make it sound like once you get it it's an instant death sentence.

Also how this has been one of the most politicized viruses in US history and I just find it fucking disgusting and embarrassing. It also kind of coincidentally came just in time for a presidential election. Conspiracy? Maybe but I find it kind of odd. Politicians used this virus to instill fear into people to make them more susceptible to control and they succeeded. So many people just blindly obeyed and followed what they were told to do without question. It's scary to see.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe