Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Do you believe that smoking indoors should be left to the rights of the individual, despite the dangers of second-hand smoke for non-smokers?
    Smoking should be totally banned.

Does a general loss in faith in humanity to survive a major disaster count?

Other then that, multiple coworkers have had it. A month later one still can't really smell anything. I've had some family get it, and almost got it from one since they wanted to have a huge family party. I think I might have had it, since at one point I apparently couldn't really smell, but I am not really certain. Worst is one of my coworkers had a family member die from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Do you believe that smoking indoors should be left to the rights of the individual, despite the dangers of second-hand smoke for non-smokers?
    No but I think smoking in general should be left to the individual to decide if they want to smoke or not.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    No but I think smoking in general should be left to the individual to decide if they want to smoke or not.
    provided that they only smoke in a place where their smoking doesn't affect other people, ergo making a choice for them instead of just themselves. cause last I checked when you chose to have a cigarette anywhere near a public space - you take that choice away from other people in that same public space, cause they are stuck with your smoke whether they chose to smoke or not. and before you say "they can chose to leave" this is not the choice they would have made had there NOT been smoke, ergo, you STILL are making that choice for other people by affecting their environment.

and THAT... is exactly what is happening here with this highly contagious disease. its not just your personal choice.

I work at the Airport, and obviously jobs there were at high risk of being lost... and I was no exception. Being a turn about Coordinator I was put on unpaid leave for almost a whole year due to far less flights, had to go onto Covid supplementary welfare for €350 a week... a big drop in my income.

Thankfully I've been called back almost 2 weeks ago.

Feels good to be working again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some family in Wales have had COVID and my sister who is a nurse has also had COVID. Thankfully they are all better now.

I lost my job. (gotta get on looking for a new one) and now just trying to wait out this damn lockdown. My hairs grown uncomfortably long but I have actually lost weight, which you'd think would have been the opposite during these times

My family has been very fortunate to not have had to deal with it yet, though my brother had been isolating as he was exposed at his job last week, his test came back negative on Monday.

I do have a friend who has lost 4 family members though.

I work from home instead of commuting to the office.

Largely my life has gotten better simply for the fact i get an extra hour or two sleep per day.

It makes a huge difference to literally everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What has your personal impact been from COVID? I have had a total of 9 friends who had it. Of those, 3 still have lingering damage caused by their infection. Then today was the funeral for one of my friends I've known for 27 years who was relatively healthy other than being a type 1 diabetic that was under control.
    Had four friends have it, one with lingering damage, and my sister-in-law passed away due to COVID.

As for me, I've been reduced to 4 hours of work from the office a month due to restrictions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

fortunatly no one of my family got it yet.
    my boss currently has it and what i heard it looks like a severe case. family members of a couple of friends had/have it but no one died fortunatly.

my social life took a nosedive during the last year, but that is expected. the funny thing is, that in may of last year i finally took the opportunity to start going to a therapist and it has worked really well for me.
    so all in all i feel like im in a better place right now, than i was before the pandemic.

I don't know anyone who's had it.

My work may be remote so I didn't get a lot of negativity from the pandemic. I have no children who would be stuck at home for a whole year. In general, there are fewer business trips .. and that's all.

basically none or positive? as bad as that sounds. I know no one directly that had it, and I've been working remote for a year plus now which has saved me a ton of money on gas, and added 2+ hrs back to my day for me versus having to commute. Better delivery options have allowed me to go out even less, now even my groceries are dropped off, my credit card added dash-pass a perk that covers all delivery fees minus the tip for meals when I want. So yeah.... i know it sucks for the world but the pandemic has been good to me so far.

Also got my J n J shot the day before the US stopped it so one and done there.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

All covid did to me was save me massive amount of money for a year and a half.

I have been lucky that I or anyone else I know became sick from covid 19. I got the 2nd vaccine shot today (Pfizer). No Cronenberg-ism so far.

Quote Originally Posted by daria91 View Post
    The coronavirus has affected everyone externally and continues to do so. Some of my friends and acquaintances have had it and it is certainly hard on everyone. Do you think you should be vaccinated? I am still afraid to
    afraid of what? What happened after the last 20 vaccinations you got during your lifetime?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So far, I only know a few people that tested positive for it but were never symptomatic. A friend of a friend had it pretty bad though....bad enough to need a ventilator.

0 impact, everyone I know made it through and has gotten the vaccine (at least 1 shot or J&J) at this point as anyone (16+) in my state has been able to get it for the last month and now anyone in the country can go get one

I got over it, it was hard, but now I'm okay.

update to personal and just general, I guess impact. all of the art supplies, not just paper either (though paper for sure) have almost doubled in price. I thought I was going nuts, but I looked through my order history and yeah... the prices are so much higher for everything right now and because my last order was made in late 2019, its definitely not normal inflation. prices don't almost double in just over a year, normally. I'm ok for time being but I have a feeling that even once I run out, the prices will not lower back down to pre-pandemic range. so... my production costs have just gone up. but people's purchasing power? did not.