Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

theory - Tyrande raid boss & Anduin dead?

OK so hear me out on this because I honestly see this all happening by the end of Shadowlands.

I have a funny feeling that by the end of the expansion we are going to see Tyrande turn into a raid boss and Anduin either turn into a raid boss too or end up dying somehow. This may seem a little far fetched and quite frankly will probably piss off quite a few Alliance fanboiz but I see the writing on the wall here that's been developing since the last year of BFA.

Tyrande the Raid Boss Reasons for this?

Tyrande has growing anger and darkness in her since she has been given the Night Warrior powers during BFA. Jaina commented on this during the Maw intro scenario when Darion asked her if she saw Tyrande (her exact words were "I fear it may be growing beyond her ability to contain it"). She is overwhelmed with seeking vengeance from Sylvanas that she blindly leapt into the ground portal proclaiming that she was going to put an end to Sylvanas. We have been all over Shadowlands and the Maw yet have seen no trace of Tyrande at all. Could this be because her burning hatred has maddened her even more that she has turned to The Jailer to put an end to Sylvanas without Sylvanas knowing about it? He descent into madness started long before she even got her Night Warrior powers. The whole reason why she even has them is because of her descent. The fight with Nathanos during the pre-launch event is proof of how bad it has gotten. I have a suspecison that what may happen during the Shadowlands storyline is Tyrande somehow makes it into where Anduin is being held, he tells her how he is trying to convince Sylvanas to give herself up/turn good/whatever, and Tyrande gets enthralled by his reasoning and kills him for siding with Sylvanas. This would hold the "dying somehow" prediction I'll explain below. Sylvanas seeing how mad Tyrande has turned and starts her arc of redemption which enrages Tyrande to join forces with The Jailer to wipe out Sylvanas and anyone who tries to help her including any of the Alliance that she now sees as enemies for siding with her sworn enemy. Enter the Tyrande as a raid boss in the raid we end up fighting The Jailer. Another option for why we haven't seen Tyrande so far after she jumped into the Maw is because The Jailer and/or Sylvanas has already met up with her and turned her into a "bad guy" which feeds right into her becoming a raid boss we'll have to fight in the raid with The Jailer.

Anduin dying (more likely) or becoming a raid boss (less likely) Reason for this?

There are several things that has been said during the scenes between Anduin and Sylvanas in Shadowlands that has got me thinking that he's either going to end up dead somehow or turned into a raid boss (and dies which still leads to him being dead by the end of Shadowlands). The whole "weapon" reference has been made many times between Sylvanas and The Jailer and we all know that "weapon" is Anduin in some form. Whether this is him being corrupted or killed or what, the pieces have been placed that hint that he will be used as some instrument of destruction as a "weapon" against someone or some thing. This could mean a few things. One could be that The Jailer and Sylvanas use him against US in the raid where we fight The Jailer (which would see a fight against Sylvanas too possibly). This could be a stand alone fight against the weaponized Anduin or him being part of The Jailer fight instead. The other possibility is that when The Jailer and Sylvanas turn Anduin into this "weapon", seeing his transformation gives Sylvanas a change of heart to see how deeply evil The Jailer's plans are and thus begins her arc of redemption where she helps us and the covenants bring an end to The Jailer (strong possibility). Now the other part of my claim. If Anduin doesn't become a raid boss, the time until his death is ticking closer and closer as more and more cinematics are released by Blizzard. The first one was in No More Secrets No More Lies when Sylvanas brings up to Anduin how he comes from a long line of inevitable fate of Wrynn's early demises in an endless war because they all have died too fighting a war. Since that cutscene forward, all of her interactions with hints at his demise in some way when she says join us willingly (submits to being turned into a weapon) or be made to serve (be killed and raised as a weapon).

What are your thoughts? I call it now, Tuesday January 5th 2021, that these things will happen some time during Shadowlands.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-01-05 at 08:42 AM.

Blizzard would rather go bankrupt than kill off Anduin.

There must always be a jailer... dun dun dun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    He's not as popular of a character as Sylvanas is. Yes there is A LOT of hate towards Sylvanas from both Alliance players and some Horde players but she makes for interesting story telling regardless of how you feel about her. When Sylvanas pointed out to him how the Wrynn line of reign has been filled with early deaths of their king, it all makes sense and points to Anduin will die somehow during this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that there is a large chunk of the Alliance player base that find Anduin to be a boring figure.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    He's not as popular of a character as Sylvanas is. Yes there is A LOT of hate towards Sylvanas from both Alliance players and some Horde players but she makes for interesting story telling regardless of how you feel about her. When Sylvanas pointed out to him how the Wrynn line of reign has been filled with early deaths of their king, it all makes sense and points to Anduin will die somehow during this expansion.
    The difference is the lead writer for Sylvanas, as she was his pet project, no longer works for Blizzard as of the middle of last year. The odds of Sylvanas lasting out the expansion are slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

These theories have some ground, I agree, but I'd not be so sure about it. Sylvanas' redemption arc and Tyrande going crazy is more than possible now, but Anduin ending up dead/undead isn't so strong a possibility. As things stand, he most probably will turn up as Sylvanas persuader and eternally good guy once again, as we all can bask in the light (Light) of his eternal glory and greatness. That I'd believe more.

She makes for interesting story telling regardless of how you feel about her.
    No. Just no.

I honestly think the reason for Tyrande's 'Night Warrior' persona and her being active in the Maw is to set up an encounter whereby the Jailer recognises Elune's power, and we find out they know each other somehow. That or Elune speaks through Tyrande and hints at knowing the Jailer. Tyrande is the best link we have to Elune and answering exactly who or what she is, and an encounter with the Jailer would open up a 'cosmic reunion' of sorts and generate a tonne of interest and speculation.

No. Just no.
    Pre-BFA she did have an interesting story arc. It was before her turning to a saturday morning show cartoon villain.

I could see Anduin being a raid boss, but on defeat 'snaps out of it' in akin to bosses like Kalec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    I honestly think the reason for Tyrande's 'Night Warrior' persona and her being active in the Maw is to set up an encounter whereby the Jailer recognises Elune's power, and we find out they know each other somehow. That or Elune speaks through Tyrande and hints at knowing the Jailer. Tyrande is the best link we have to Elune and answering exactly who or what she is, and an encounter with the Jailer would open up a 'cosmic reunion' of sorts and generate a tonne of interest and speculation.
    See I think Elune does have some sort of connection to The Jailer or death itself and is using Tyrande as a vessel to bring destruction in the world. I think Elune worked with The Jailer or whoever ends up being behind The Jailer (the Arbitor?) and needed Teldrassil to burn to feed souls into The Maw and bring the hate to Tyrande that would end up bringing about more death and destruction. Light and dark are just opposite sides of the same coin as are life and death. It all makes sense if you really think about it...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think shalamourne will be given eventually to bolvar or the light will make it shalamane agsin, but I think this whole anduin arthas path is to distract people. I still believe anduin will snap and use shadow powers and not turn into some death knight.

I think the Tyrande theory is pretty sound, not sold on Anduin, at least not dying. I think Tyrande is too far gone, will lose control, and will need to be put down. Though it might not happen in Shadowlands. I think she will make an attempt on Sylvanas, will be blocked by Anduin who is helped completely redeem her, and that'll be the point of no return for Tyrande. But I think she will turn up out of no where at the end of the expac, because Blizz writing, to lead us as a villain to chase in the next expac and be kind of a Gul'Dan with the main villain eventually being Elune.

Young King Plot Armor will not be killed off anytime soon, if ever. He's the golden boy posterchild, and therefore untouchable. Also can't really have another blond Stormwind prince be enslaved by a mourneblade, because obvious reasons.

Tyrande becoming a boss is a real possibility, though I personally think it's more likely we'll simply save her somehow. There'll be a sacrifice of some sort, a Malfurion reunion, and all's well that ends well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    There must always be a jailer... dun dun dun
    Sylvannas

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    I think the Tyrande theory is pretty sound, not sold on Anduin, at least not dying. I think Tyrande is too far gone, will lose control, and will need to be put down. Though it might not happen in Shadowlands. I think she will make an attempt on Sylvanas, will be blocked by Anduin who is helped completely redeem her, and that'll be the point of no return for Tyrande. But I think she will turn up out of no where at the end of the expac, because Blizz writing, to lead us as a villain to chase in the next expac and be kind of a Gul'Dan with the main villain eventually being Elune.
    which feeds right in to Anduin being killed and in this example by Tyrande for helping redeem Sylvanas. She'd see it as a betrayal and kill him or he'd give his life to protect the newly "good" Sylvanas. But yes Tyrande being the bad guy next expansion along with Elune is a strong possibility too.

No way this is going to happen, afterall Blizzard will need the both of them to cheer for redeemed KerriSylvanas at the end, how else would we know her redemption is complete otherwise?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Honestly, if they don't kill, corrupt or - I dunno - dismember Anduin then the chances of that Sylvanas redemtion nonsense, will increase by a thousand percent... Urgh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

which feeds right in to Anduin being killed and in this example by Tyrande for helping redeem Sylvanas. She'd see it as a betrayal and kill him or he'd give his life to protect the newly "good" Sylvanas. But yes Tyrande being the bad guy next expansion along with Elune is a strong possibility too.
    It's possible, she's gonna need to kill someone to make her from crazy angry night elf with no control over the abilities she wields to villain. But her killing Anduin, especially in the maw, would be weird, because, he'd just end up right back in the shadowlands right? But souls that die in the shadowlands are forever gone right? what if Tyrande destroys Varians soul? Have we seen him yet?

5+ Year Old Account
    Killing Anduin would make me very angry. We lost a King in legion in such huminilating death, if this happens again I will be raiding Maw and pissing off the Jailer eveyday to the point that he will never forget me and if by any chance any future raid gets released where the Jailer will turn out to be a boss, then .. yeah. I even resubscribed to free Anduin. Still not being able to do that after all day questing at Torghast. Can't wait for the content update!