Exclamation Farming Fur post-level 50

Fur from Draenor elite wolves is still a cheap, convenient, and relatively fast way of getting 30 slot bags. I didn't farm enough during Legion and I was inactive throughout BfA.

I've found that at level 56 on a druid, even without shapeshifting, even just punching without a weapon equipped, even just using moonfire, I'm one-shotting the wolves. I've managed to compensate by doffing all my gear except my chest and pants, run up in cat form, cast moonfire, and if it doesn't crit and GCD doesn't block the trap, I can still catch them alive and ready for the barn.

What happens when I hit 60? Does anyone know of a way to decrease my attack damage? Spell strength? You used to have to train individual levels of spells, and could put lower level variants of the spell on your hotbar. Is that still possible? Or will I be forced to retire the barn for good and just hoard shrouded cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    You used to have to train individual levels of spells, and could put lower level variants of the spell on your hotbar. Is that still possible?
    That has not been a thing for well over a decade.

Get res sickness. But seriously, Shadowland 30-slot bags are super duper easy to make. I have 30 of them just sitting in the bank waiting for new alts. And I have cloth and thread for another 50 if I want to make more.

I asked because Penumbra Thread cost 9 gold a pop. To me, it took ten minutes to farm up thirty caged wolves, it brought a lot of fur and enough element units that my alchemist could transmute to earths, that was cheaper IMO.

But I know that Blizzard is not so "gentle" in pushing people out of past content and into SL, so if it's time to retire the barn and stick to shrouded cloth, then so be it. Doesn't mean I gotta like it, but if it has to be, then it has to be.