Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So what are you trying to argue here?

You said locks scales great with gear.
    And you're also trying to say "see, there was a lock in the first 20 when gear was bad!"

So by that logic, locks should be meta since they would have only gotten better since then, and yet...they still aren't picked as much as other casters.

And I never said they ONLY pick meta, you should re-read what I said.
    They do scale with gear. The point of noting that players gear at that point in time is to highlight that the spec is strong and the player wasn't just overgearing the scenario.

Meta is a perception by the community and perpetuated by opinions such as yours that then reinforce the current meta. You literally said:

You mean you don't bring locks at all because there's better casters to bring.
    So yeah, you did say they only pick meta.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Your maths need a bit of correcting.

1) MR Nerf is not live, it's on PTR
    2) AFTER the 5% buff, aff is still 20% ahead of destro. A 8% nerf will still place aff 12% ahead of destro. (check wlogs)
    3) Demonology is still behind both and not getting any buffs.

Also, if demonology and destruction had a mean to move while casting on a CD (like a 10 sec "cast while moving" spell), it would solve alot of dps troubles those 2 turret specs have. Its not even about raw +% , its about gameplay issues. Thats probably where blizzard 's sims fail, they don't take movement into account.
    last time I had a look at warcraftlogs, destro was ~15% behind in dps. But I think this depends on percentile, boss and many other factors. It's not that important anyway. Yeah, demo is sadly still untouched ):

I switched away from warlock by now anyway. Didn't enjoy affi and the two others specs were just too bad.

I don't think blizzard wants to balance the specs correct anyway. By rotating the 'strongest' spec of each class they generate content, because many players enjoy switching their spec and play something else for some weeks. Some players even reroll the whole class.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They do scale with gear. The point of noting that players gear at that point in time is to highlight that the spec is strong and the player wasn't just overgearing the scenario.

Meta is a perception by the community and perpetuated by opinions such as yours that then reinforce the current meta. You literally said:
    So yeah, you did say they only pick meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except data proves you wrong.

The data that you yourself mentioned. It's not a MAY. It's an overwhelming difference. If people have the choice between a fire mage or a aff lock at similar ilvls/r.io, they'd pick the mage. It's not an argument. Of course warlocks do keys though overall, but it doesn't change that they're not some meta pick. And pointing out that this nerf is going to hurt m+ isn't saying that warlock NEEDS to be meta, it's just the fact that warlock already brings nearly nothing to M+, and they're already NOT meta, so nerfing them is just hurting them further in that regards.
    Read everything I say, don't strawman and nitpick things out of context.

I said repeatedly time and time again, when you have the option to pick between a mage or a warlock, people will grab the mage if they're similar. And the same is true for an MM hunter, or a boomkin.

If it's like a 200 ilvl mage with 450 io compared to a 215 lock with 900io? Of course they'd grab the lock instead. But that's a rare situation that most likely isn't going to happen.

Again, strawmen don't prove your argument. You're ignoring that the context of that post was a retort to your "You don't bring locks for pack damage..." because that was an absolutely silly way to justify the situation. Hence my response of "yeah, you just don't bring them at all".

I've said several times since then that locks are obviously brought to keys, but it is in no way close to other casters. Especially if you factor in all 3 lock specs. And now, they're nerfing the strongest spec locks had for M+ which STILL wasn't considered meta, just "solid". While also appearing to nerf the Kyrian dot for...whatever reason, which is a decent choice for destro/demo actually.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-02-12 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks be like:

And Blizzard is like:
    "LEt'S nErF AFFliCtIon!"

Well, I guess there still was 1 warlock present for every 10 mages in the high-level m+ scene. The upcoming affliction nerf should fix this and remove warlock entirely from high keys, as intended by Blizzard.

Warlocks are weak in mythics and PvP. A MR nerf hurts them more in mythics and PvP than, say, a 5% overall nerf would. If the intention is to curtail Warlocks in raids, a MR nerf is a poor way to go about it. If the intention is to clean up a design space, there should be compensatory buffs in other areas, especially considering how Affliction performs outside of raids. If the intention is purely to balance raids, it's suspect that other high performing specs aren't receiving nerfs as well. Boomkins are performing well in PvP, mythics, and raids and are receiving a buff to Convoke.

Still, why in the world is Scouring Tithe receiving a nerf whatsoever? It really brings Blizzard's metrics into question in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Warlocks be like:

And Blizzard is like:
    "LEt'S nErF AFFliCtIon!"

Well, I guess there still was 1 warlock present for every 10 mages in the high-level m+ scene. The upcoming affliction nerf should fix this and remove warlock entirely from high keys, as intended by Blizzard.
    Affliction is a extremely good scaling spec that alteady tops the metres. They are even on pure st fights about 10% ahead of most melees. And their scaling is insane. Mastery was too strong simply.

M+ isnt that bad. But in a world with boomkins, fire mages and hunters.... being upper third isnt enough. Part of the problem is perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Affliction is a extremely good scaling spec that alteady tops the metres. They are even on pure st fights about 10% ahead of most melees. And their scaling is insane. Mastery was too strong simply.

M+ isnt that bad. But in a world with boomkins, fire mages and hunters.... being upper third isnt enough. Part of the problem is perception.
    For What serve better scale if they will nerf us when we top the meters?

Good news guys. MR nerf reverted in the latest PTR.

2) AFTER the 5% buff, aff is still 20% ahead of destro. A 8% nerf will still place aff 12% ahead of destro. (check wlogs)
    Not for nothing, but "check wlogs" is not a good argument. It's apples and oranges, because the best players with the best gear are playing Aff, not Destro. Let them play and gear for Destro and then I'll be more interested to see what wlogs says.

And seriously, of all the things they could nerf, why punish the 6 warlocks playing Kyrian?

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    And seriously, of all the things they could nerf, why punish the 6 warlocks playing Kyrian?
    There are dozens of us. Dozens.

But seriously, I did pick Kyrian because I planned to focus on Aff's single-target strength and with Scouring being a perma-dot it looked like the best choice for Malefic Rapture synergy. But with all the highest-parsing Afflocks being Night Fae anyway I don't get why there's the Tithe nerf.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Blizzard hates warlocks. We had too much fun in MoP and to some extent in WoD and thus we must suffer for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to see the MR nerf reverted in PTR, it would've made affliction non-viable in high keys. Warlock is one of the weaker m+ classes as it is -- if anything, buffs (rather than heavy nerfs) are needed.

Shadow's Embrace is the proper tuning knob for single-target raid dps. Drop it FROM max. 3 stacks at 3%/stack TO max. 1 stack at 3-4%/stack. Done.

I wonder if Seed of Corruption spreads embrace as well....but with that said the combo of embrace/conduit is pretty insane.

Warlock class atm has some interesting % modifies that can go out of control next tier.
    Embrace = 9% + Conduit = 13%~
    UA = 10%
    Haunt = 10%~

These 3 alone just gives us a 33% increase damage to primary target

They do need to figure something out here. Next tier we will have even more budget for our secondary, and our haste could sit around 25-28% with 90%+ Mastery and 20% Crit. + God lets assume 2 legendary equip

Mr nerf was long overdue. See warcraftlogs affliction rankings compared to the other 2 specs.

What's mingboggling is, why nerf affliction, and not boomkin, mm hunters, unholy, windwalkers, Fire mages...

Or even DH and paladin AoE in m+
    Boomkin did get a nerf.
    Convoke now does 12 spells in balance not 16,
    and the Convoke Conduit is 15% at 200 ilvl now 21% as it is on live.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Boomkin did get a nerf.
    Convoke now does 12 spells in balance not 16,
    and the Convoke Conduit is 15% at 200 ilvl now 21% as it is on live.
    No it isn’t going to 12

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Happy to see the MR nerf reverted in PTR, it would've made affliction non-viable in high keys. Warlock is one of the weaker m+ classes as it is -- if anything, buffs (rather than heavy nerfs) are needed.

Shadow's Embrace is the proper tuning knob for single-target raid dps. Drop it FROM max. 3 stacks at 3%/stack TO max. 1 stack at 3-4%/stack. Done.
    I dunno, I find most tanks I +15 with greatly values the healthstones(especially non VDH), aoe stun, and brez. And in the case of certain mobs, the curse of weakness.

If anything, what needs to happen is a 5 target cap for fire mage and a target cap for Starfall(with compensation buff to starfall at lower target counts since it is trash outside large pulls and stupid strong on large ones). MM just needs damage nerfs, ridiculous how a ranged spec that mobile is doing this kind of damage. Hunters should never top DPS unless they make one of their specs hardcast stationary 80%+ of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    In what possible universe is thatt justified?
    in the same universe that Convoke still hasnt been nerfed to the ground.

:/ Literally makes no sense