Poll: Do you personally like Odyn? Do you agree with his controversial choices?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    He twisted helya into the first valkyr against her wish.
    She has every reason to hate us and odyn tbh. In her eyes we are probably just pawns off odyn.

But the story didnt play like that in Legion, which is weird because it only showed us how sad it was that odyn was trapped and not even saying anything about why helya is like this etc etc.

I hope we get to help her eventually, seems more like the player and leader are unknowing of what realy happend.

I still think Vrykul/valarjar story and all that is pretty cool and he will show up eventually this expansion.. he has to be. I dont like the fact Odyn thinks he is the best, but it perfectly suits hes character.
    Helya reminds me of another controversial and deeply wounded female character associated with Death -- in a sense. Although Sylvanas is probably more responsible for her choices.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Considering that all the Aspects eventually turned evil I'd say Odyn was absolutely right in that decision.

Odyn is a pretty cool guy. Helya is an evil bitch like Sylvanas so what's the problem? How can anyone hate on Odyn?
    Umm, no, not all the Aspects turned evil.

Alexstraza hasn't been corrupted and likely won't.

Malygos didn't "turn evil". He did what he thought was best for Azeroth, it's just that the Kirin Tor and Alexstraza (Mind you, Ysera was neutral on the goings-on as was Nozdormu's brood) disagreed with his actions, and thus they fought and he lost.

And yes, while Ysera was corrupted, it was more of a forceful conversion then anything, and it only lasted for an hour before she was slain.

So only Deathwing and Murozond turned evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the fact that he sacrified an eye to Mueh'zala so he could see the Shadowlands
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

He offers a daily quest to Alliance to kill Horde for his amusement.
    He offers a daily quest to Horde to kill Alliance for his amusement.
    During a worldwide Legion invasion.

That flags him as evil to me.

I guess Odyn just being an ass is far worse than Helya being a major source of our issues on Azeroth and Shadowlands. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

That's in line with the character that inspired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    I guess Odyn just being an ass is far worse than Helya being a major source of our issues on Azeroth and Shadowlands. lol
    He made Helya what she is.

He's a far cry from the Odin/Wotan/Wodan/Wodanaz of the Germanic pantheon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Helya reminds me of another controversial and deeply wounded female character associated with Death -- in a sense. Although Sylvanas is probably more responsible for her choices.
    Yea fer sure, Odyn made the choice for her. Sylvanas is/was pretty much in control. Her death was a differnt story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Don't forget the fact that he sacrified an eye to Mueh'zala so he could see the Shadowlands
    Yea I said thay earlier and he must be .. annoyed by the fact we are just roaming the shadowlands now, while he had to lose an eye for it.

God where this thread came from, are we back to legion?

He's an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    After she threatened Odyn with returning the Halls of Valor to Ulduar. Threatened her boss. Real smart of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    I'm fairly confident that he and the Valarjar will show up in a next patch. Helya showed up right at the beginning in the Maw and he has to many tie-ins with Bastion and his eye (supposedly in possesion of the jailor).

Was Odyn played by the jailor?
    Is Odyn actually evil? (will he become a raidboss - I hope not!)
    Is Odyn a victim?

There are so many ways this could play out, I am very excited to see where Blizzard will take his story. Personally I hope for a redemption story for Helya and an that Odyn apologizes to her. I could imagine the leadership of Bastion being killed off, and Skyhold somehow merging into Bastion.
    Helya also popped up a few times in Kyrian campaign, so definitely could be in Bastion they get to tee off against each other.

Is Odyn actually evil?
    He balanced a bit back and forth, he's one of those "for the greater good" characters, so it depends on how you define "evil".

His base objective seems to be that of a "good" aligned characters, but he's using "evil methods" to try and reach that objective.

I'd say in terms of how Blizzard drives him, I don't think he'll ever be evil(meaning fighting against us, the heroes) so if you want a "good or evil" answer, I'd say in the world, he's good.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I don't like his dumb lava beard.

This. It looks like something from classic or TBC era. Its so low res and weird looking.

He's a giant dick, but I love him. He's also the only Keeper that hasn't gone fucking insane yet, and is still at full power (As the other Keepers were weakened and mind fucked by Yogg'Saron, and Ra-den...well...ye). He's also the Prime Designate of the Titan Watchers, he made Helya his bitch before she went on all 4's to the Jailer, he sacrificed his eye to peer into the Shadowlands, he made the fuckin Halls of Valor + The Val'kyr cause of what he saw in Bastion, this man made an entire pocket afterlife for the Vry'kul, this man kept going at it with his purpose and job even after being isolated for ages now, he went on disguise to aid us and became one of the coolest Vry'kul guys in Stormheim, he BTFO'd Legion ships with his lightning strike, he's got a cool fucking voice, he has a GIANT throne, he judges people based on worth in the battlefield, he mocked Skovald and laughed at his dumbass, he didn't cuck down like the other weak ass fuckin Titan Keepers when faced with danger (Granted, he wasn't affected by an Old God mentally, but still), he went to Ulduar to chat with his bros first thing after being freed of his Halls of Valor prison, he rules over the Warrior Orderhall, AND...ANNNNNNDDDDD

HE HAS A FLAMING BEARD! YA KNOW WHO ELSE HAS A FLAMING BEARD?! SARGERAS AND KHAZ'GOROTH! ONLY CHADS HAVE FLAMING BEARDS! FUCK IT, I LOVE ODYN!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

The dude loves battle. That ain't evil at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Putting ones emotions over your duty as a Titan Keeper would mean you're a shit Titan Keeper. Just saying. Odyn kinda didn't give a fuck about Helya's weird ass questions and thoughts, so he just made her the first Val'kyr. Not trying to defend his actions, as he still made her a Val'kyr against her will (All because she merely questioned his methods, mind you), but Odyn's job as a keeper also requires performing your duty. And Helya's "questions" provided the perfect subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I don't like his dumb lava beard.
    This is some fuckin' heresy right here.

- - - Updated - - -

After she threatened Odyn with returning the Halls of Valor to Ulduar. Threatened her boss. Real smart of her.
    That too. Odyn was like "Man, y'all other Keepers are wack", so he just dipped with the entire fucking Halls of Valor lmaoooo

Then Helya started questioning him, threatened to do that, and Odyn just hit her with the authority bat.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at this BADASS! No wonder Darkoms and Steve think the Eternal Ones are Keeper Level in terms of status and probably power (Even tho Ion said otherwise, but whatever, not like shit's consistent anyway). Dude's a fucking legend!
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2021-02-12 at 11:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's an asshole. Wasn't wrong about the Dragon Aspects tho.

He's a jerk who made a lot of bad choices but on the sliding scale of villainy that's as far as he goes. I hardly see why we'd tear into him more than Illidan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    I do, however I don’t quite understand the whole thing he did to Helya.

5+ Year Old Account
    Her being a moron doesn't mean that "her boss" isn't a massive d1ckhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don't despise him as a character, but he is very much a my way or the highway type character. I do however think he ultimately does what he believes is the best course of action for Azeroth, even if it makes his actions come across as wrong from a moral perspective.

I don't really care much for Odyn or Norse mythology in the World of Warcraft universe, but I guess most men enjoy Vikings. It doesn't really bother me, it just feels out of place. (Pretty much cringed when I seen Helya in Shadow Lands again too.) It's not like it's anything new I remember it pretty heavily in Wotlk.

All I gotta ask is..
    We get Odyn? No Sleipnir?
    We get massive influx of horse mounts? No Sleipnir?
    I think maybe it's time for some Sleipnir?