Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Something isn't right in PvP

I've been High Warlord for several seaons and maintain 2.2k to 2.4k in arena through Legion and BFA.

I just came back to this expansion and I'm being one shot by hunters through LoS and other classes.

I've had warrior charge me and one shot me before Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit can even be activated (depending on spec)

Wtf happened.

This is not the same game.

If I wanted to play a game where one/two shots were the norm I'd be playing an FPS.

-------------------------------------------
    Update, straight from the horse's mouth:

https://ibb.co/LQ8mnth

For lulz, I'm screen shotted this before I went to bed.

https://ibb.co/bHcC1Wq
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 07:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you just came back your likely undergeared and don’t have a lot of verse as well as not knowing how the classes currently work with there covenant ability's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you just came back your likely undergeared and don’t have a lot of verse as well as not knowing how the classes currently work with there covenant ability's.
    Negative.

I've seen 230 geared players nearly one shot by hunters around 180 ilevel.

I have too much experience in PvP over the the past six years to think it's still the same game.

The flow and pace has changed radically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    not knowing how the classes currently work with there covenant ability's.
    But now he knows; they oneshot you. That's how they work. (the outliers)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Negative.

Yeah I'd rather have the good old "drain the other team's hp and mana slowly down" than this oneshot-fiesta.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Negative.

I have too much experience in PvP over the the past six years to think it's still the same game.

The flow and pace has changed radically.
    The pace has defiantly changed things are a lot faster now but most one shots can be avoided a lot of the time.

As for a 180 hunter 1 shorting a 230 toon Mabye if it’s a clothy just sitting in there covenant ability without any defectives up but other wise that seems really unlikely.

If you are talking about “one shot”
    Hunters and didn’t spent any time to learn how new abilities works it’s just shows how bad you are at the moment . Actually, which class do you play now? Seems like you got this stories and numbers just from your mind

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same experience, I wont say I'm super well geared, but I'm at 204 and I'm starting out at the very low end. the first match I have some rando rogue bugle his stealth opening by running into my AoE, he uses his blind then pops a 3 second kidney shot, I'm thinking "well we got this one in the bag, this guy sucks", But ohh no somehow my HP drains from full to almost dead in 3 bloody GCD's as a plate class, and me not expecting this level of crazy didn't have the reaction speed to pop all cooldowns so in the end I die without having done much of anything... And his team mate wasn't even helping him...

So I go on to try matches for another 60 min or so and nearly every single one of them is over for one team in the opening 3-9 seconds of combat, you literally spam everything you got and hope someone on the other end blows up. Some classes seem like they can kill whole teams on their own (Looking at druids here...), and some feel completely useless. I'm not saying that we haven't had fast metas in the past but I never remember things being this absolutely crazy. I normally move on to healing shorty after testing the waters in arena, but after seeing this.... ya no...

Hard to take this seriously while you exaggerate.

Yeah one shots are happening. We've gotten one shots from druids or rogue/mage all the way to 2400. We still made it to 2400 though.

Most fun we've ever had playing arena. Even through the one shots we laugh it out, because sometimes we do the one shotting too.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only good part about hunters right now is that they have to stand still to cast aimed shit.

Bunch of classes have the option to one shot others, its the new meta, but its not as bad as convoke or the hunt for example. But rogues, mages etc etc

Yes the pace has changed and if you dont respond or interrupt shit within 0.5 sec your dead, not my most fun meta i have played. Leveling a pala cus you know.. bring the class not the player.

Quote Originally Posted by aimmachine View Post
    If you are talking about “one shot”
    Hunters and didn’t spent any time to learn how new abilities works it’s just shows how bad you are at the moment . Actually, which class do you play now? Seems like you got this stories and numbers just from your mind
    It's not just hunters moron.

You don't' suddenly "get bad" when you've been glad and HW.

The pace and flow has changed.

And I do not like it. This is not the same game. WoW PvP has been closer to a real-time card game for the past several years; Shadowlands is almost an FPS.

I don't need to go much further into PvP and Shadowlands to think things are going to be that much different when I have max gear/stats/renown/binds etc. I can see the "writing on the wall," so why would I proceed any further?

I'm allowed to voice my dissent.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-01-25 at 07:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't have the concept of "draining the other teams mana" because they just keep pruning and dumbing everything down. You don't even have an RPG anymore and mana barely matters in this game, it's a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You can't have the concept of "draining the other teams mana" because they just keep pruning and dumbing everything down. You don't even have an RPG anymore and mana barely matters in this game, it's a complete joke.
    To be fair, i dont see how any competitive form of pvp could contain much "RPG".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair, i dont see how any competitive form of pvp could contain much "RPG".
    That's not being fair because you make it a strawman by adding the "competitive" stipulation for no reason, when historically people haven't cared that much if PVP is competitive in World of Warcraft, starting since the inception of honor kills.

PvP right now requires PvP gear which can be acquired through the PvP.

The pace has changed. I feel like the game is much more dynamic than before. Some classes are doing seriously huge amount of DPS in their short bursts and I don't think the PvP as a whole is fairly balanced.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-01-25 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    That's not being fair because you make it a strawman by adding the "competitive" stipulation for no reason, when historically people haven't cared that much if PVP is competitive in World of Warcraft, starting since the inception of honor kills.
    I've been High Warlord for several seaons and maintain 2.2k to 2.4k in arena through Legion and BFA.
    Sounds pretty competitive to me - its a core component, as if someone had said "guys i just started pvp for the first time ever, and im getting one shot in random bgs and the game is too fast" this discussion would be very different.

Sounds like you need gear and better reflexes. Fixed your problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    DOTA 2 is more RPG-like and competitive at this point. Just because you have an energy bar and a life bar doesn't mean you're playing an RPG, you realize that? DOTA can do it, but WoW can't? Sounds like a super lazy cop out, imo.

If competition was solely what people were after, they'd just play Tekken/Soul Cal/actual polished fighter derp derp?!

I just came back to this expansion and I'm being one shot by hunters through LoS and other classes.

I've had warrior charge me and one shot me before Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit can even be activated (depending on spec)

Wtf happened.

This is not the same game.

If I wanted to play a game where one/two shots were the norm I'd be playing an FPS.
    this happens when blizzard pushed hardocre pvers into pvp .

they obliterate pvpers

you never had chance since blizzard nerfed pve loot

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sounds pretty competitive to me - its a core component, as if someone had said "guys i just started pvp for the first time ever, and im getting one shot in random bgs and the game is too fast" this discussion would be very different.
    I don't think you get it.

I wouldn't care if this patch was perfectly balanced on paper and in practice.

I do not like this style. Period.

I'm allowed to voice my dissent.
    Well yeah but this is a public forum and we're allowed to challenge your dissent

If you just wanted to complain without the challenge you shouldnt of posted here and were better off yelling into the sky
    If you wanted blizzard to hear it there are better outlets

But i believe you're seeking validation or an echo chamber...

I have no opinion on the pvp thing but that sentence kinda irked me