Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ashran= AIDS....
    Wintergrasp while offense= HOLY fuck what is this stupidity? What the hell is this?
    Seething shore= garbage after the nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanskenVI View Post
    The absolute state of epic battlegrounds at the moment. Isle is the only acceptable one. What we need is a big battlefield style map with lots of objectives, where you can head out with 3-5 people and make a difference.
    So, like Ashran?

Some highlights in Ashran as a duo queue.

1: Utilizing 2 consumables in a row to turn a 50-20 loss into a win (Apparantly ppl don't know about the old-timey Frostwyrm and Stampedes these days).
    2: Utilizing consumables in order to cap Ogre after opposing side had gotten their ogre down to 30%.
    3: Turning another 30 score difference loss into a win by going in with 3 other players in order to backcap the mage.
    4: (Fairly hilarious) utilizing all of the Priests NPC pets you can acquire in order to burst down 1 opposing faction player every second (They respawn surprisingly fast and there's no cap to em, it gets kinda like that Val'kyr swarm exploit)

Personally, I feel that Ashran is the BG in which even a single player, as long as they know how to abuse the map's old mechanics, can easily, EASILY cause a full 30 man wipe. Hell, I would even dare to wager that a sneaky Guardian druid, along with 10 of the NPC priests, could likely even turn a 30-120 loss into a win by just sneaking into the opposing base and soloing the enemy boss.

Ya know I might actually try that.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2021-02-27 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    Best 2 battlegrounds are warsong gulch and aratha basin. The gilneas one is also alright. But al the latest new bg's really suck. The azerite mining one might be the worst we ever had. I rather have them fix and update old ones then add a new flunky bg that doesnt work
    thats kind of the thing OP is talking about right?
    Blizzard always tries to "invent" new BGs with a lot of random shit inside them, then the bg sucks and they end up "reworking" into either "another" warsong or "another" AB

I heard Bellular saying something I 100% agree: it would take them 1 day to make a new BG that is just a reskinned, maybe slightly different map layout, versions of AB and WSG and players would love any BG that is either CTF or Domination, instead they focus on YEARS of development to make trash like Ashran instead. Blizzard could use already existing assets to make 100 different CTF maps and 100 different domination maps in the time it takes them to make one Ashran and everyone would love each and every one of these maps, yet the dev team always wants to justify ridiculously long dev times and budgets to make systems that dont add anything to the game in every possible way they can, including pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    thats kind of the thing OP is talking about right?
    Blizzard always tries to "invent" new BGs with a lot of random shit inside them, then the bg sucks and they end up "reworking" into either "another" warsong or "another" AB

I heard Bellular saying something I 100% agree: it would take them 1 day to make a new BG that is just a reskinned, maybe slightly different map layout, versions of AB and WSG and players would love any BG that is either CTF or Domination, instead they focus on YEARS of development to make trash like Ashran instead. Blizzard could use already existing assets to make 100 different CTF maps and 100 different domination maps in the time it takes them to make one Ashran and everyone would love each and every one of these maps, yet the dev team always wants to justify ridiculously long dev times and budgets to make systems that dont add anything to the game in every possible way they can, including pvp
    No, after a certain point people lose their taste for it. Personally I absolutely hate what they did to that one Pandaria map. The last thing we need is yet even more WSG/AB clones, especially when you consider that every single one comes with a full set of achievements and generally a title or some shit.

Utilizing Deepwind Gorge as an example - It was a fine, decent BG/RBG, fairly balanced, until DHs came out, at which point in time if one team had a DH tank and the other didn't, the one with a DH tank would win even if they only held 1 base the entire game.

Hell, it was a 2 base CTF along with Domination - Basically WSG and Arathi Basin's mechanics mixed with each other.

And what did they turn it into? The 3rd version of Arathi Basin.

And especially Strand of the Ancients - Probably the most balanced map in the game in terms of Horde vs Alliance (Though maybe not so much Attac vs Protec), just completely removed, without even a single explanation.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2021-02-27 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with so many people putting a space between the last word of a sentence and the questionmark? So many people does it all of a sudden.
    Hi

There is a new Bastion Arena. And after Katmogu, Shore and the totally awful Remake of Gorge i dont really want any new battleground. Every BG (change) that came after Deepwind Gorge sucks. Deepwind Gorge was one of the best, cause u was able to tun a 1300:400 Game into a win, the machanics where cool... and now its just a big arathi in bad, thanks to the broken deamonhunter mobility.

I really dont want any new trash bg like ashran, shore or gore rework.

I dont understand why they cant reskin some BGs. A bastion wsg would be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
    Why there are no new battelgrounds and no new arenas ?? ....
    Does it surprise you? It's obvious the devs have hated PvP for years....Ion is a raider, they treat PvP like a red headed step child and develop the game they want, not what the players want.

Why would you want a new bg when all the new bg's are shit? I still have the most fun in wsg, ab and eots
    Baine is not my Warchief

Loved Twin Peaks and Battle For Gilneas from Cata. I feel like everyone likes those, too.

I liked Temple of Kotmogu, Silvershard Mines, and Deepwind Gorge a fair bit. I think those are pretty divisive tho'. Either you love 'em or you hate 'em. I think Temple gets the most love, then Silvershard, but Deepwind seems to be the least talked about of all the post-Wrath BGs.

Ashran seems beloved by people who love PvP. I used to hate it, but ever since they brought it back I've loved it too.

I feel like people forgot Seething Shore exists. I like this one, too. I feel like it gets flack, though.

Love Southshore vs Tauren Mill, wish it was around all year. I think we only see it in Brawls and Anniversary now?

Korrak's Revenge was great, super fun levelpalooza.

I kinda miss Strand now. They could have evolved the vehicle gameplay to evolve with class gameplay, perhaps...?

I've liked the visual updates they did kinda recently for the older WSG and AB. I really like doing AB in the winter version - that's great fun.

Wish there were more Brawls, and I do wish there was always one up. Maybe they could think of Brawls being like Affixes are like for M+, so BGs are different every time you go into one? Might be one way to spice up PvP.

Feel like if they were going to update any BG at this point it'd probably be AV. But yeah, a new BG would be cool.

I don't pay as much attention to Arena, but I know they added the Mechagon arena in BFA. That was good. Oh yeah, I guess they put in the Bastion-themed one in SL. I guess that one's okay, but the flying out to the Arena's kinda weird. Didn't really like the Boralus or Zandalari Arenas, though. Ashamane's and Black Rook Hold Arenas are pretty good, though. The Tol'vir and Tiger's Peak are greats at this point, tho' - I think everyone loves those.

Might be kinda cool if they made the world arenas like Gurubashi, Darkmoon, and the two Brawler's Guilds into proper Arena maps.

The problem is they want to do something new if they add a new BG, but most of the time if they try that it is bad, like the strange isle bg, which almost everybody hates.

I just want more Warsong and Arathi style bgs, that could be almost the same gameplay-wise but look different, for example in a maldraxxus setting or whatever.

It would also be nice if they swapped the epic bgs for the brawls because epic bgs are most of the time so bad designed, it is no fun. Most brawls on the other hand are quite fun and offer some diversity in smaller BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    No, after a certain point people lose their taste for it. Personally I absolutely hate what they did to that one Pandaria map. The last thing we need is yet even more WSG/AB clones, especially when you consider that every single one comes with a full set of achievements and generally a title or some shit.

Utilizing Deepwind Gorge as an example - It was a fine, decent BG/RBG, fairly balanced, until DHs came out, at which point in time if one team had a DH tank and the other didn't, the one with a DH tank would win even if they only held 1 base the entire game.

Hell, it was a 2 base CTF along with Domination - Basically WSG and Arathi Basin's mechanics mixed with each other.

And what did they turn it into? The 3rd version of Arathi Basin.

And especially Strand of the Ancients - Probably the most balanced map in the game in terms of Horde vs Alliance (Though maybe not so much Attac vs Protec), just completely removed, without even a single explanation.
    nah, I disagree with you. deepwing gorge was hot garbage, and every single change they did to give "the winning formula" for a map was a win, and blizzard knows this.

Only thing stopping them from adding more BGs is their designers are trash and will always try to push extremelly elaborated systems(that never work) on everything they do - This isn't even my opinion btw, at this point it can be considered a fact.

They should bring Strand of the Ancients back. It's a better version of Wintergrasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    There is new bastion arena wydm?
    it is just tol'vir reskinned, which was nagrand reskinned...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    nah, I disagree with you. deepwing gorge was hot garbage, and every single change they did to give "the winning formula" for a map was a win, and blizzard knows this.

Only thing stopping them from adding more BGs is their designers are trash and will always try to push extremelly elaborated systems(that never work) on everything they do - This isn't even my opinion btw, at this point it can be considered a fact.
    i prefer a crappy bg than a cloned bg
    right now it is better removed, no need for another AB
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Arathi and WSG are still my favorites, BY FAR. Always nice with new landscapes, but them updating the two I mentioned was very cool.

Disgracin the basin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    They should bring Strand of the Ancients back. It's a better version of Wintergrasp.
    Don't go there. I beg you.. Do not give them ideas!

Epic Battlegrounds when they were first introduced really breathed a whole lease of life into them. Longer battles (AV and IoC would last for 35 minutes or more) where the tide changed based on every decision people made. Ivus and Lok'holar would appear in the same game. People would upgrade their guards, defend their bosses and push people back to their graveyards.

Ashran when it was first added to the queue was really fun too. 400 reinforcements, Kronus and Fangraal appearing regularly, people using toys and upgrades and everything. Those games often lasted 40 minutes to an hour.

The neglect these battlegrounds have had over the past 2 years has been very disappointing, and what we've ended up with has been zerg fest large battlegrounds that don't have any difference from the regular queue aside from having more players and some slightly different objectives.

It's strange to me that they were allowed to become this way when MAU's and engagement are something the investors hear about. Have some long battlegrounds - players will do them, as evidenced by Korrak's Revenge where several matches would go on for 2.5 hours or longer.