What kind of items does the Great Vault drops

Hello everyone! The Great Vault system is a bit confusing to me. Particularly when doing Mythic+ dungeons only.
    Most of the web focuses on explaining what kind of item level will you get completing different amount of Mythic+ dungeons. However nowhere I could find what kind of items would you get.

Specifically I want to understand the following case.
    Suppose I ran 4 Mythic+ Dungeons of the same type. Will items from Great Vauld drop only from this Dungeon loot table?

And the second one.
    What if ran 4 different dungeons? How drop table changes per slot in the Great Vault in this case?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Hello everyone! The Great Vault system is a bit confusing to me. Particularly when doing Mythic+ dungeons only.
    Most of the web focuses on explaining what kind of item level will you get completing different amount of Mythic+ dungeons. However nowhere I could find what kind of items would you get.

Suppose I ran 4 Mythic+ Dungeons of the same type. Will items from Great Vauld drop only from this Dungeon loot table?

And the second one.
    What if ran 4 different dungeons? How drop table changes per slot in the Great Vault in this case?
    if you only run dungeons, it will only give you loot from dungeons. the entire loot table of the dungeons, not just the ones you ran

edit: I'm basing that off having done normal and heroic raids and getting items for bosses I haven't yet done

And the second one.
    M+ section of the vault can contain loot from all dungeons. What dungeons you run have no influence on what the M+ part contains

And the second one.
    TLDR: It drops an item which can be dropped in the content you did up to 3 slots per activity (raid, m+, pvp). So if you only did m+ you will only get to select an item from m+ drop table.

Longer version:

Great vault will drop items from the activity you have done.

3 slots for raiding
    3 slots for M+
    3 slots for PvP

It will let you CHOOSE ONE ITEM from any of the activities you have met the criteria.

So lets say you did 4x M+, it will let you choose one out of two dungeon drops (ilvl based on key difficulty). I have read that doing same dungeon increases the chances to get items from that dungeon, but I have not seen any math behind it as of now and I am pretty sure you still get whole loot table for the dungeons even if you do just one - I might be wrong.
    In addition you did some rated pvp, now you get another item OPTION unlocked in one of pvp slots. It will let you choose one item from PvP vendor loot table.
    Simply said, if you don't raid, you will never see a raid item selection in your vault.

And the second one.
    M+ unlocks drop gear from the 5man loot tables of all current instances. Raid unlocks drop gear from any raidboss you have killed on that difficulty at least once. PvP pulls from the PvP gear list.

What M+ dungeons you run is irrelevant, only the level matters. Raid is the only one that is different, as you cannot get drops of a boss you never killed on that difficulty.