Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    abandoning starcraft/2 is the most retarded move. it literally created esports in the late 90s and the esport landscape wouldnt be the same if it wasnt for that game. especially in a world where there isnt a real competitor rts in all that time

Oh look, not a single Starcraft panel. HotS getting shafted too.

Aaaaand they're bringing in Critical Role for the explicit reason of catering to what's popular. CR is great, but Activison obviously trying to attract an unrelated audience with a big meaty hook is pathetic.
    Last edited by Arikara; 2021-02-11 at 12:36 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    No HOTS panel? Good job Activision.
    Well, there goes my hope for a troll character in HOTS like Vol'jin or Rastakhan
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is so disappointing.

Only WoW and Diablo!

No Hots, No SC, No WC3 or 4.

Boddy has really cut all the corners, hasn't he?!

7+ Year Old Account
    All im seeing at this point is people bitching about the small event and no major game announcements..

What about you lot stop acting like entitled monkeys and just be happy they arent leaving us in the dark like EA and Ubisoft?

Heres some thoughts:
    1: Blizzard doesnt have to create new IPs. They have several strong (perhaps even interlinked) game worlds that they can continue forward with and bring alot mord story to life.

2: im not sure what you guys expected from a off year blizzcon.. much less a glorified developer Q/A which is all it us this year. Mostly due to covid so we cant really blame them.

3: starcraft 2 and hots and diablo 3 ended developement a long time ago, so clearly we shouldnt be expecting anything from those, however, we know diablo 4 is getting along pretty well.. and no doubt somewhere in the shadows the inevitable starcraft 3 is being worked on.

4: Blizzard is by no means dying. They are one of the largest, if not the largest game developement firms out there with 3 of the largest ever franchises (starcraft, warcraft and diablo) as long as those licenses are owned by Blizzard Entertainment they wont be going anywhere unless the playerbases of those games drop substantially. Which wont happen.

Let me be honest here.. the fact that blizzard is even giving us a blizzcon (and just be happy its free and doesnt require a ticket like the normal blizzcon) is a good thing on its own.
    They clearly dont have any new games to announce, and they wouldnt do so at an online event like this anyways.

Dont expect any demos for diablo 4. Or even diablo immortals.

Heres whats most likely to be announced: Warcraft: classic tbc servers and info on 9.1
    Diablo: D2 remastered (as the panel is named diablo whats next which usually hints at some major release.
    hs: new expansion.

And thats it.

Stay safe. And wear masks if going outside!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see no murloc pet this year, love me some murlocs. But the bear mount looks pretty cool!

Why are they choosing to have this? They cancelled last year bc of covid and this year they have nothing new. Weird move..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    All im seeing at this point is people bitching about the small event and no major game announcements..
    Theres literally no reason to have it. This could be a blog post, because essentially, thats all youre getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Why are they choosing to have this? They cancelled last year bc of covid and this year they have nothing new. Weird move..

- - - Updated - - -

Theres literally no reason to have it. This could be a blog post, because essentially, thats all youre getting.
    You do know its free this year right? Why the fuck do you care if it's during a stream or a blog lol

Blizzards RTS devs started their own Frost Giant Studios. Hoping they'll make an awesome new rts. With that makes sense that there's no new SC news.

"The Evolution of Thrall" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Evolution of Thrall what?! I thought that was a joke when I saw on Discord!!!

Well atleast we will get 9.1 release date right? My sub runs out in 10 days so im looking forwart to resub when 9.1 launch - flying yay! Hope we get atleast mechagon style new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Well atleast we will get 9.1 release date right? My sub runs out in 10 days so im looking forwart to resub when 9.1 launch - flying yay! Hope we get atleast mechagon style new dungeon.
    It's at least April, but more likely May. 9.0.5 will launch in March, and it takes some time to test big patch on PTR. Who knows, maybe we will get new zone in 9.1 after all - if I remember correctly, Oribos has 3 empty spots, maybe every major patch will introduce smaller or bigger afterlife.

Imo Kel'Thuzad would be perfect for next megadungeon, imagine Necropolis flying all over Shadowlands with some open world content around it. For raid next logical step is saving Anduin from Maw, it's likely to be Sylvanas raid.

If this is digital why are they putting the first 4 panel at the exact same time? Does blizzard think people can like only one of their games?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    In Legion we got flying in 7.2 and in BfA we got it in 8.2. What makes you think we'll get it in 9.1 this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If this is digital why are they putting the first 4 panel at the exact same time? Does blizzard think people can like only one of their games?
    Does it make if difference if watch 1 game live and the replay of the second right after it?

It even makes more sense for them to be at the same time when digital, as for the physical presence blizzcon you'd have to wait till the evening.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-02-11 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Probably to keep with the vibe of Blizzcon. But it doesn't matter anyways, you can always go back and watch the others later.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    You do know its free this year right? Why the fuck do you care if it's during a stream or a blog lol
    I dont really care, I just dont understand the decision.

The opening ceremony is going on for way too long for there not to be any announcements within it. Didn't they announce Overwatch like this back in 2014?

As these panels are online-only they don't really need to tell us anything so it might be a new game is getting announced during the ceremony and for them not to spoil anything there is a hidden additional panel that will cover this yet to be announced game.

But who knows. Blizzard is moving rather slow with Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal. I don't see why they would announce yet another new and upcoming game unless it's close to completion and that sounds very unlikely.

But spending 1h and 10min on an online-only opening ceremony sounds like way too much time for there to not be anything special going on during it.

The World of Warcraft panels doesn't point at anything regarding WoW: Classic which is rather odd. Unless they are cramming in both WoW: Shadowlands and WoW: Classic into those 30 minutes of what's next. But that does sound rather cramped.

Going in with absolutely zero expectations is the way to go that way you won't be disappointed.

Still only thing I'm interested in is some diablo 4 news perhaps a release date and then showing of all the classes.
    Do you hear the voices too?