Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanches View Post
    While I'm pumped for bigger changes to covenant abilities and legendaries, I think theres no way in hell they will allow Fleshcraft to go into live at its current PTR iteration.

    Its just too strong now: 40% health pool shield guaranteed, CD reduction when cast near corpses, 3 sec cast instead of 4, and 30% DMG reduction while casting it!!? Just the 30% dmg reduction for 3 sec on a 2 min CD will make it mandatory for any progression team. This is far better than many personal CDs.

    Add on top some of the soulbind traits that empower fleshcraft and it becomes way too OP.
    Did u for some reason think that the first build for a ptr is the final product?

    Did u make similar posts on how X was the most OP skill during first alpha build and it had to be nerfed?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    As a necro I often forget fleshcraft even exists, I only use it in plaguefall/torghast/arena openings
    Me either. I had to put a WA that reminds me to use it in dungeons but the long cast makes it difficult to use it, also because the resulting damage reduction is just pathetic.

  3. #23
    Every class already has a 20% or higher wall on a short CD. Adding another 30% extremely short duration DR on a long CD will not impact mythic raiding at all.

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Me either. I had to put a WA that reminds me to use it in dungeons but the long cast makes it difficult to use it, also because the resulting damage reduction is just pathetic.
    Only use I get out of it is as a healer. Helps me save some mana from healing myself.

    But like you, I often forget about it.

    They should just make it instant and have a longer cooldown.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So mythic raiders are the reason we can't have nice things. Talk about catering to a tiny minority.
    Yep, they've long been ruining the game to cater to raiders. It's getting tiring tbh.
    change can't wait.

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It has several reasons, and cosmetics is an important one. Many players just don't like the look of Necrolord/Maldraxxus and they will not change no matter how much the covenant ability is buffed.
    I love the look and story of the Necrolord which is why I was happy when they were deemed the "correct" covenant for my priest. I don't use the armor because I prefer my priest looking a different way. I am saddened by the fact that my prot warrior can't utilize Necro and be viable because Necro is the worst of the 4 to pick for any situation because Kryian beats them in every situation. My DK is Venthyr because he goes between DW frost Breath of Sindragosa and blood. Venthyr is the best choice for DW breath build and Venthyr is a viable alternative to Kyrian for blood DK. I would love to have both my DK and warrior use the Necrolord armor because I absolutely love the look of it. My warrior currently uses the plate xmog set from the garrison's barracks or something like that and I'd love for him and my DK to wear the Bladesworn because I think it looks bad ass while the Kyrian and Venthyr look meh.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanches View Post
    While I'm pumped for bigger changes to covenant abilities and legendaries, I think theres no way in hell they will allow Fleshcraft to go into live at its current PTR iteration.

    Its just too strong now: 40% health pool shield guaranteed, CD reduction when cast near corpses, 3 sec cast instead of 4, and 30% DMG reduction while casting it!!? Just the 30% dmg reduction for 3 sec on a 2 min CD will make it mandatory for any progression team. This is far better than many personal CDs.

    Add on top some of the soulbind traits that empower fleshcraft and it becomes way too OP.
    No no, you don't get CD reduction from casting it near bodies. You get CD reduction any time you walk near a corpse, ever.

  8. #28
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Lo and behold, Necro has been nerfed into oblivion in the live game. Fleshcraft is pathetically weak, and the active abilities are BiS for, what, maybe one class?
    Shams and I think death knights

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why it's counterbalanced by having to stand still and channel it.
    emeni has a conduit that let's you cast it while moving
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #29
    No it won't and shouldn't.

    If Night Fae can rule for months, so can Necro.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    emeni has a conduit that let's you cast it while moving
    Which forces you to use both Emeni and an Endurance conduit instead of a Potency one. It's not free.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,386
    Necrochads are going to rise up. Good for them. I'm still never going that Covenant and no amount of buffs will change that.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  12. #32
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Necrochads are going to rise up. Good for them. I'm still never going that Covenant and no amount of buffs will change that.
    Gud. I love dem bony folks, so any buff coming their way will be most welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why it's counterbalanced by having to stand still and channel it.
    I disagree. I just think that the stacking HP shield with 30% DR is just too good defensively. It is close to doubling your HP pool at the cost of not dpsing for a few sec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So mythic raiders are the reason we can't have nice things. Talk about catering to a tiny minority.
    Yeah because having OP Covenants for a class ONLY affects the top mythic/WF raiders. You guys said that before SL launched and were wrong, and you say it now and will be wrong yet again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You will forgive me. BUT EVERYTHING CAUSES ISSUES IN THIS GAME. According to players. No one can do anything without players terming shit as "Broken" or "OP". I am starting to think I should log into the game and just stand their for bitches to look at. Hard to have ANY fun in this game anymore.
    No, I don't forgive stupid takes.

    Stop generalizing. I am talking about 1 ability right now. Not about all ablities, about 1 fucking ability.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    This is the first build they have put out, this doesn't go live in at least a month.

    Don't kneejerk it like the door of shadows before release.
    Blizzard often don't change these things unless they get feedback. Waiting around is not helping anything and this has been historically proven through the last 10 years. Giving Blizzard feedback right away is by far the best thing to do. Of course it should be constructive feedback. But the whole "let's wait and see" attitude is simply not working. If something goes live it is much harder to get changed, so giving Blizzard feedback while things are still on the PTR is absolutely crucial.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    OP is upset at a proposed, as yet not implemented, possibly changed test case ability that could possibly not affect him?
    "Possibly not affect him"? How is that a reason to not be upset? I like the changes as I don't have a Necrolord and this would allow me to, but going from one covenant being OP to another being OP isn't a good thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No it won't and shouldn't.

    If Night Fae can rule for months, so can Necro.
    This is such a stupid fucking take. Balance should be the objective, not giving whiny children their time in the spotlight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    Every class already has a 20% or higher wall on a short CD. Adding another 30% extremely short duration DR on a long CD will not impact mythic raiding at all.
    Wrong, which should be obvious to anyone who's ever set foot in actually hard pve content.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    OP is upset at a proposed, as yet not implemented, possibly changed test case ability that could possibly not affect him?
    lol if you're trying to say "but but it's just the PTR", typically things on the PTR go live as is in terms of this stuff. So yeah don't even try it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard often don't change these things unless they get feedback. Waiting around is not helping anything and this has been historically proven through the last 10 years. Giving Blizzard feedback right away is by far the best thing to do. Of course it should be constructive feedback. But the whole "let's wait and see" attitude is simply not working. If something goes live it is much harder to get changed, so giving Blizzard feedback while things are still on the PTR is absolutely crucial.
    I mean hell the biggest change I have seen on a PTR is changing the name of Tyrande's Silence and only because Perculia from Wowhead got mad at it.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Necrolord has by far the lowest population.
    Thats something I don't really get.

    The transmog gear from necrolord is clearly not the worst one and the zone is the only one that does not suck with cliffs or just bad ground-mount terrain.

    Its hard to believe that people choose the awfull terrain zones because of the esthetics of it, with over a decade of flying demands to skip this kind of zones ASAP in every expansion, I simply dont think the fast majority of the community gives a damn about esthetics. The majority doest not like aquatic/non-standard-travel zones because they usually take more time and take more attention from the player for leveling or the daily grind.

    I would bet its just about following the META covenant bonuses and nothing else as usual.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean hell the biggest change I have seen on a PTR is changing the name of Tyrande's Silence and only because Perculia from Wowhead got mad at it.
    Yeah... I mean my point is simply that things that go to live is often there to stay. And if it sucks then it's just too bad. So it's better to catch it while it's still on the PTR.

  19. #39
    It was pretty bad before. I think PTR version is exactly as it should be. Strong? Yeah. But so is Soulshape or Kyrian "healthstone" that dispels stuff.

    Finally it gets proper returns for its channel mid-combat.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I disagree. I just think that the stacking HP shield with 30% DR is just too good defensively. It is close to doubling your HP pool at the cost of not dpsing for a few sec.
    Which is a pretty damn high cost. Especially since you can't move either unless you take a permanent hit to your soulbind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wrong, which should be obvious to anyone who's ever set foot in actually hard pve content.
    If it was a buff, yes. But it's a channel that is interupted by movement unless you take Emeni and give up a Potency conduit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •