Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Don't forget having all evidence in game suggest that the Alliance were the victors but in out-of-game literature and a few table missions the Horde winning is canon and that's what matters, right?

Hell, have you done the BfA intro for Horde? It's pretty damn insulting. It may not be a raid, but Horde basically just waltzes in, has the chance to rescue two prisoners, is only stopped by OP-AF Jaina who has to let them go because Zul set the entire city on fire.
    You got me a bit confused with “in the books” part because all Alliance wins are in the books and even those “wins” are kinda weak ass and shitty comparison to the absolute stomp horde gets to dish out.

Also, ONLY reason we “won” Darkshore is because some random dude asked Blizz dev on live interview about the outcome and he just “handed out” a win. If that dude wasnt there or asked something else we wouldnt have even won there canonically.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You got me a bit confused with “in the books” part because all Alliance wins are in the books and even those “wins” are kinda weak ass and shitty comparison to the absolute stomp horde gets to dish out.

Also, ONLY reason we “won” Darkshore is because some random dude asked Blizz dev on live interview about the outcome and he just “handed out” a win. If that dude wasnt there or asked something else we wouldnt have even won there canonically.
    Honestly, I don't read the books. I just remember during War of Thorns if you actually wanted to know what happened you had to read the accompanying novellas. I also haven't played BfA any further than to unlock flying (which I only started doing after 9.0 made BfA a base part of the game), I've just read on the forums that some of the table missions suggested Alliance won the warfronts. I haven't gotten any of those table missions or even know what I'd need to do to get them. It reminds me of when I found out that canonically Baros Alexton is dead because he died during a garrison invasion in WoD that I never saw.
    Last edited by Lane; 2021-02-12 at 07:20 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post

You take dark shore and use it head-on to attack Ogrimar what is your enemy's capital.
    By attacking Ogrimar you force the Horde force to defend their captial or else you will destroy it, ending the war without having to destroy other cities.
    Not to mention that you are defending your allies.

Instead Anduin preferred to attack the Zandalari causing them to join the Horde and unleashing a fleet that he never used.
    The Alliance was never going to defeat the Horde in Kalimdor. The Horde holds most of the ground, meaning food, water and wood.

What supply lines would the Alliance have for a siege of Orgrimmar? Darnassus is gone, Theramore is gone. Where do they get supplies from?

Also if the Alliance marches all their armies on Orgrimmar that leaves Stormwind unprotected.

Instead Anduin preferred to attack the Zandalari causing them to join the Horde and unleashing a fleet that he never used.
    The Zandalari were going to join the Horde sooner or later either way. The Horde saved their princess and in the storyline saved Zandalar as a whole from a calamity they could not have stopped alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    The Alliance was never going to defeat the Horde in Kalimdor. The Horde holds most of the ground, meaning food, water and wood.

What supply lines would the Alliance have for a siege of Orgrimmar? Darnassus is gone, Theramore is gone. Where do they get supplies from?

Also if the Alliance marches all their armies on Orgrimmar that leaves Stormwind unprotected.

The Zandalari were going to join the Horde sooner or later either way. The Horde saved their princess and in the storyline saved Zandalar as a whole from a calamity they could not have stopped alone.
    Anduin wasted his army attacking Zandalar on land when they could have blown up the ships, then shelled the docks from sea with cannons until they are rubble and sail away. He instead wasted entire “suicide army” to create a distraction that didnt even worked good enough.

Also attacking Kalimdor was the only good choice, taking Darkshore as a jumping point to launch and attack on Ashenvale and then threaten Orgrimmar would have given Alliance more advantage then wasting troops on Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Anduin wasted his army attacking Zandalar on land when they could have blown up the ships
    The ground assault of Zandalar was a ruse to lure out Talanji, the Player and other Horde forces. Then they attacked the city.

then shelled the docks from sea with cannons until they are rubbl
    Except the Zandalari could've destroyed his fleet if not for the distraction?

Also attacking Kalimdor was the only good choice
    Attacking Kalimdor would've ended the Alliance. They have nowhere to establish supply routes or a stronghold. The Horde would bomb any outpost they make with air forces.

Even a siege works for the Horde considering the Alliance would have to land near Durotar and the Horde has Ashenvale and Azshara wood and food.

Also it would allow the Blood Elves to take the Eastern Kingdoms since they'd be left open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh i can imagine this:

Baine goes insane and commits genocide bombing some alliance city, all horde leaders are like "wait and see".
    Anduin and Jaina are main focus (as they always are)
    Horde starts rebelion 6.69 "This time for sure guys"
    Both playerbases are pissed off.

Great idea it would probably make me finally resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh i can imagine this:

Baine goes insane and commits genocide bombing some alliance city, all horde leaders are like "wait and see".

Golden already lurking the forums and taking notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Golden already lurking the forums and taking notes.
    You know, i actually can believe she does. Or that they have some underpayed intern to just scour the internet for worst possible wow fanfics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh i can imagine this:

As long as it gets us Hordies rid of that dumb cow and his retinue of Alliance (or rather, Anduin) footstools, I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not in the traditional "horde vs. the alliance" form. but maybe in a form of Covenant battle for future expansions, where we declare allegiance to a faction after hitting max lvl on their toons and then participate in a sort of "covenant vs. covenant" wars.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need another war between the Horde and Alliance, but i do think we need a war against...something.

The Horde and Alliance are both military powers, and they don't get to use that power, they become impotent with time, like....why does the alliance have huge tanks when there haven't been a war in years?

I would personally love an expansion with a new contenent, where the entire place is a new faction, that is against both Horde and Alliance. Just like Wrath, Wrath was good
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No war plz. I mean cionflict should exist but as background not at 1st plan. We do need villains storys and twista.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that war was utter shit, plus the Alliance dog walked the Horde most of the campaign.

7+ Year Old Account
    Faction wars as a focus are terrible in an MMO. They don't go anywhere since you can't get rid of a faction, or a race as they are playable elements of the game

Specially in Warcraft when the second attempt at a war was 90% similar to what had been done before, with the same faction doing the same stuff and ending in almost the same manner. And we all knew how the war was going to end. Could you imagine what the Horde would've done if they won under Garrosh or Sylvanas command? It's simply not possible in game

They also have the amazing power of being disliked by everyone: The Alliance wins but they aren't allowed to, you know, actually do anything against the guys who were bombing them 5 minutes ago. The Horde keeps losing characters and they even lost the Warchief position now.

Sure, have faction tension and some skirmishes. But full blown wars are stupid when 5 minutes later we are all fighting together against the big bad enemy of the week

At this point, I say to get rid of the factions (Won't happen, I know) or at least let us group together because that's literally what happens in the lore
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah, why not. Who cares at this point?
    Also make Arthas be redeemed in the Alliance taking forsaken with him and Kaelthas join the Horde to power belves with anima or something.

doing big wars/big lore changes works better in RTS games. but alas warcraft 4 aint happening.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromind View Post
    Yeah, why not. Who cares at this point?
    Also make Arthas be redeemed in the Alliance taking forsaken with him and Kaelthas join the Horde to power belves with anima or something.
    Sounds like something Danuser & co. might very well pull out of their collective rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No war. Allow cross faction PvE and instanced PvP and work on new storylines instead of revisiting the same old tired shit.
    RETH