Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Valor Should Have Been

Valor NPC sells 200 ilvl gear for lets say 200 Valor.

Each completed M+ awards 25 valor (maybe scales with difficulty)
    The Random Mythic daily, awards 50 valor
    Each raid boss kill Normal or above, awards 50 valor

Valor caps at 500 per week FROM CONTENT

Each piece of gear obtained from a raid (normal diff or higher) can be scrapped for 50 valor. A traded item cannot be scrapped (to discourage funneling valor). This DOES NOT go against your cap.

NPC allows you to upgrade ilvl of all valor gear for an increasing amount of valor for 6 ilvl each. Starting at 100 valor. Capping out at Mythic raid ilvl.

Example.
    Joe gets his 500 valor week 1. Buys a 200 ilvl pair of boots. He currently has a set of normal raiding boots, so it isn't an upgrade yet. He spends 100 valor. Now his boots are 206. Spends another 125 valor, now his boots are 212, replacing his current boots. However, his next upgrade is 150 valor which he doesn't have. He has to wait until next week to upgrade further, but now has a new piece of gear.

Thoughts?

Imo, Just take the current legendary system and remove the legendary power slot and have have valor instead of soul ash as the craft material.

Craftable & Upgradable epics with the exact stats you want using the missives from AH.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Imo, Just take the current legendary system and remove the legendary power slot and have have valor instead of soul ash as the craft material.

Craftable & Upgradable epics with the exact stats you want using the missives from AH.
    Could simplify it even further and replace the idea of valor with soul ash. Same system, same exact process, two uses.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

I'm generally against currency vendors when the content itself should be dropping gear, especially when there's no loot lockout for said content. PvP is fine with this model because there's no gear drops from doing PvP activities. If you want a specific item, you can run the content to get it to drop eventually, especially if you run with a guild or friends so you can trade gear. At the end of the day, having some form of RNG is desirable, excessive RNG is the real enemy. A better solution would just be to increase drop rates on top of upgrade path for gear to cut down, not remove, RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

I'd be more of a fan that having the armor crafting gear allows you to create end-game gear for the individual. BfA did this to some degree, and I think it could be expanded upon. Blizz is afraid that crafting could replace doing end-game content in terms of gearing, and the solution is that upgrading gear would require the individual to participate in end-game content to either get mats or unlock higher ilvl craftable gear. As it stands, I think armor crafting professions still have a huge amount of room to allow for players to have individual performance perks (same with gathering professions). If people recall back in WoD, even gathering professions had combat perks, and that was great for people in terms of not feeling like you're gimping yourself by having certain professions compared to others.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Nah, hard pass. If I wanted to play a shopping cart simulator I'd play one.

Too generous for blizzard standards

Nah, the currently proposed system is very good, as it doesn't replace current gearing/items but instead supplements it in a way that rewards people for doing well in dungeon content.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Too generous for blizzard standards
    Damn Blizzard and their foundational principles like "giving people reasons to play the game."

Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    Valor NPC sells 200 ilvl gear for lets say 200 Valor.

Each completed M+ awards 25 valor (maybe scales with difficulty)
    The Random Mythic daily, awards 50 valor
    Each raid boss kill Normal or above, awards 50 valor

Valor caps at 500 per week FROM CONTENT

Each piece of gear obtained from a raid (normal diff or higher) can be scrapped for 50 valor. A traded item cannot be scrapped (to discourage funneling valor). This DOES NOT go against your cap.

NPC allows you to upgrade ilvl of all valor gear for an increasing amount of valor for 6 ilvl each. Starting at 100 valor. Capping out at Mythic raid ilvl.

Example.
    Joe gets his 500 valor week 1. Buys a 200 ilvl pair of boots. He currently has a set of normal raiding boots, so it isn't an upgrade yet. He spends 100 valor. Now his boots are 206. Spends another 125 valor, now his boots are 212, replacing his current boots. However, his next upgrade is 150 valor which he doesn't have. He has to wait until next week to upgrade further, but now has a new piece of gear.

Thoughts?
    Nah that system fucking sucks. For PVP something like that works, but in PVE this would mean that all your BiS gear is bought by a vendor which completely kills any fun and immersion that's left in this game. I support the idea of upgrading your gear through a farmable currency, however having the entire gearing process work through vendors is just dog shit design.

Only real issue i see with the current system is the people who can do KSM doesn't need the gear and the people who need the gear to complete KSM won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Only real issue i see with the current system is the people who can do KSM doesn't need the gear and the people who need the gear to complete KSM won't get it.
    Boosting ahoy. Some people are about to make quite the killing out there. But yeah, the system will help you level a few pieces up (like trinkets) but anyone who does KSM now probably is at 220 anyway, or close enough to it, even moreso in March.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It's a gearing curve. The people currently doing 10s/12s will get 213(?) gear plus their 220-223 pieces from the Vault. That's more than enough to steadily work towards KSM & the next step of progression if they decide to add one.

People would just pick the easiest content to farm valor and never touch anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    People would just pick the easiest content to farm valor and never touch anything else.
    I mean if people are more interested in the reward than the content itself then who can blame them? I decided to go for the third M+ option in the Vault last week & had to pug some keys because I left it late. I just spammed Halls of Attonement 14/15 because it's easier than the alternatives.

It's always going to happen.

Does anyone know if the all 15s in time for 220s requirement is per character or account wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's a gearing curve. The people currently doing 10s/12s will get 213(?) gear plus their 220-223 pieces from the Vault. That's more than enough to steadily work towards KSM & the next step of progression if they decide to add one.
    but by the time they finaly start getting points towards 220 pieces. The season is over

but by the time they finaly start getting points towards 220 pieces. The season is over
    Maybe, but at least the system will be in place ready for the next season. I really like how it's shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Maybe, but at least the system will be in place ready for the next season. I really like how it's shaping up.
    I guess we just need to see the final itteration of the system when its out. Might do changes based on ptr feedback

I guess we just need to see the final itteration of the system when its out. Might do changes based on ptr feedback
    For sure. It's a good start, but like many things there's always room for improvement. Fingers crossed it comes out even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Nah that system fucking sucks. For PVP something like that works, but in PVE this would mean that all your BiS gear is bought by a vendor which completely kills any fun and immersion that's left in this game. I support the idea of upgrading your gear through a farmable currency, however having the entire gearing process work through vendors is just dog shit design.
    Yea 35 anima is VERY IMMERSIVE.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.