Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Ion's pathetic response to a tweet....

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.

When Ion is no longer in charge of Warcraft it'll just be the next guy up that is causing literally every problem with warcraft personally.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    Probably because Valor vendors shouldn't be the answer to everything. We don't need to have a vendor upgrade for every aspect of the game.

There's also no point in blaming Ion. It'll always be whoever is in charge that it is there fault. It was Ghostcrawler at one point and Ion was going to save the day. Now Ion is the worst and the next person will save the day. Then that person will be the worst and then someone new will save it. It's a cycle that just repeats.

SO MUCH DAMAGE man!

Well, i for one, completely disagree with your rant and i do appreciate the fact that he's super communicative, regardless of some aspects i dislike. Shadowlands is a massive success if you ask me, even with the 'shortage of loot'. He also clearly loves the game, as he still actively raids to this day.

I bet you also blame Ghostcrawler for all you disliked back in his days, 'uh?

handling raid loot is too difficult mid-tier?! YOU LITERALLY NERFED LOOT DROPS IN THE 2ND WEEK! IT ISN'T HARD TO UNDO A STUPID CHANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post

He has too much pride to admit that the way the game played when Ghostcrawler was in charge was infinitely better. Sure, WoD was cut short and devoid of content, but the raids were fucking top notch

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    handling raid loot is too difficult mid-tier?! YOU LITERALLY NERFED LOOT DROPS IN THE 2ND WEEK! IT ISN'T HARD TO UNDO A STUPID CHANGE!
    Basically this lol. Sad times when you get more BoEs than actual loot drops...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Probably because Valor vendors shouldn't be the answer to everything. We don't need to have a vendor upgrade for every aspect of the game.

There's also no point in blaming Ion. It'll always be whoever is in charge that it is there fault. It was Ghostcrawler at one point and Ion was going to save the day. Now Ion is the worst and the next person will save the day. Then that person will be the worst and then someone new will save it. It's a cycle that just repeats.
    Nothing wrong with slowly working towards a reward instead of praying that it drops, in Wrath the most successful expansion of all time you could buy everything on vendors with badges of valor/justice by doing the content.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    He has too much pride to admit that the way the game played when Ghostcrawler was in charge was infinitely better. Sure, WoD was cut short and devoid of content, but the raids were fucking top notch
    You do know that ion was the lead raid designer in wod right? Ghost crawler had already left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Nothing wrong with slowly working towards a reward instead of praying that it drops, in Wrath the most successful expansion of all time you could buy everything on vendors with badges of valor/justice by doing the content.
    You couldn’t buy the best raid loot with valor/justice in wrath it was mostly catch up and starting loot only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

I add a quote here (without stating anything on topic) you accidentally missed:

„Ours is a cycle of hatred“

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Basically this lol. Sad times when you get more BoEs than actual loot drops...
    BoE's are loot drops so you can't actually have more. Not to mention there have always been trash farms for as long as their have been BoE's.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "static nature of raid loot tables complicates mid-tier solutions" !!

Hahahha, this is some next-level lawyer bullshit talking right here!!

all in all, regardless of every detail of this discussion, i for myself prefer to slowly but steadily work towards my gear/BiS. some of it may be a bit RNG (some!) but for the most part i wanna work dedicated towards that goal with the straight knowledge of what i get at the end of the day.

therefore xpacs with badges will always be my favorite ones. some drops, some RNG, some valor, some badges. xpacs like TBC or WotlK did a million better job when it comes down to gear systems. at least for my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You do know that ion was the lead raid designer in wod right? Ghost crawler had already left.
    Oh yeah that's right. Then his legacy is even further cemented. I know people complained about him back in the day, but now we have had time to experience another game direction and it's pretty clear wow was better with him than without

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Oh yeah that's right. Then his legacy is even further cemented. I know people complained about him back in the day, but now we have had time to experience another game direction and it's pretty clear wow was better with him than without
    Ghostcrawler was just a class designer >.> He didn't have effect on the whole game and was the one who started the whole bring the player not the class homogenization nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    SO MUCH DAMAGE man!

Well, i for one, completely disagree with your rant and i do appreciate the fact that he's super communicative, regardless of some aspects i dislike. Shadowlands is a massive success if you ask me, even with the 'shortage of loot'. He also clearly loves the game, as he still actively raids to this day.

I bet you also blame Ghostcrawler for all you disliked back in his days, 'uh?
    Exactly this.

Ion is doing a great job of communicating, and one thing they are consistently communicating to us is that any design is collaborative. It is not an Ion dictatorship with him ruining the game. And in any event I like Shadowlands and the changes. WoW is great with Ion. Not perfect, but great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ghostcrawler was just a class designer >.> He didn't have effect on the whole game and was the one who started the whole bring the player not the class homogenization nonsense.
    And brought us the glory that was MoP class design

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    therefore xpacs with badges will always be my favorite ones. some drops, some RNG, some valor, some badges. xpacs like TBC or WotlK did a million better job when it comes down to gear systems. at least for my preference.
    I'd just like to point out though that most of the stuff the older expansions allowed you work towards have sort of been covered by World Quests and Mythic+ having no lock outs. Valor wouldn't even have been needed if they structured the Mythic+ drops differently. 7 to 9, 10 to 11, and 12 to 14 all share the same item level for end of dungeon. World Quests can reward up to 194 which is Mythic 5 EoD level. This is assuming the wowhead table I'm looking at is correct.

The raid lock outs really don't have a place anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if raids turn into Mythic+ like experience but just with 10/25 people. LFR already does the wings and timed or objective runs could easily be created for the harder tuning.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Pathetic thread instead really.
    That is a very natural response to the situation.
    Raiders can and do get 226 gear easily from actually playing the content.
    M+ can not.

It needed attention now and it got it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn’t buy the best raid loot with valor/justice in wrath it was mostly catch up and starting loot only.
    In addition, the 10-man gloves and chest tokens can be purchased for Emblems of Heroism and the 25-man legs and shoulders tokens can be purchased for Emblems of Valor. Also, Archavon the Stone Watcher sometimes drops tier 7 gloves or leggings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Pathetic thread instead really.
    That is a very natural response to the situation.
    Raiders can and do get 226 gear easily from actually playing the content.
    M+ can not.

It needed attention now and it got it.
    Least we only had to wait little over 2 months rather than 8 or 9.