Poll: Do you think the Alliance and the Horde can ever forgive each other for past crimes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I never claimed they were innocents.
    You wanna know the difference between them?:
    Essence of the factions changed and it is hilarious all things considered.

Alliance
    The steadfast Alliance is driven by tradition. They are staunch defenders of justice and duty who protect the realm of Azeroth against any aggressors, including the savage Horde.

Horde
    The indomitable Horde is driven by unity. They are fervent keepers of freedom and hope, relentlessly opposed to any who threaten these ideals, including the stringent Alliance.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Essence of the factions changed and it is hilarious all things considered.

Alliance
    The steadfast Alliance is driven by tradition. They are staunch defenders of justice and duty who protect the realm of Azeroth against any aggressors, including the savage Horde.

Horde
    The indomitable Horde is driven by unity. They are fervent keepers of freedom and hope, relentlessly opposed to any who threaten these ideals, including the stringent Alliance.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races
    "against any aggressors, including the savage Horde."

Driven by unity? they are a ragtag bunch of uneasy allies. Did Blizzard forget that the Forsaken and Blood elves started as neutral for the other Horde races, because they were once their enemies? Goblins changed allegiances more times than you can count.

Hope? what an Alliance thing to say about the Horde... ever since Saurfang became that lawful good preacher.

The freedom part i can understand. They are, mostly, the unwelcomed races of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    "We could not fill the chasm between the Horde and Alliance if we labored 1000 years"
    But recall how after he mentioned that, Anduin pointed out that the Alliance and the Horde still fought for one thing in common -- their home, the world of Azeroth, signifying the beginning of the true "Battle for Azeroth".
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The Kaldorei taught Druidism to the Horde. They traded wood, gave them territories and saved the life of one of their races (we can say two if we add W3).
    And despite all this the Horde set fire to Teldrazzil, when it had already surrendered and no PC from the Horde seemed to bother in the least this except Barock.

This is how the Horde treats those who try to lend a hand.
    You're conveniently forgetting that it was Varian that restarted the faction war back in Wrath of the Lich King and the Night Elves that went along with it by starving the Orcs as seen at the start of Cataclysm. This put Garrosh into power and snowballed all of this which eventually led to Sylvanas in power.

And it was Sylvanas and the Forsaken that burned the tree. I doubt Orcs, Tauren and Trolls had any say in the matter.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Varian. His personal grudge feeling, his emotional decision caused all of this. Before his declaration of war the situation between the Alliance and Horde was quite stable. And don't give me that Putress shit, he clearly stated "death to the Scourge and death to the LIVING", which makes it very clear the Horde had no part in that shit, they got decimated equally at the Wrathgate. But nooo, Varian was angry and started this shit. Idiot.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    You're conveniently forgetting that it was Varian that restarted the faction war back in Wrath of the Lich King
    Or so it's Varian and the Humans' fault. But how rare the Horde sadly attacks Humans.

Night Elves that went along with it by starving the Orcs as seen at the start of Cataclysm. This put Garrosh into power and snowballed all of this which eventually led to Sylvanas in power.
    Garrosh was already in power when this happened and even then his "mistake" would be not helping them. Which if we put it backwards. When the Horde helps the Kaldorei for nothing?

They never only help each other when it is a problem that pisses them off. Like when Tyrande and the Kaldorei helped Voljin recover Ogrimar.

And it was Sylvanas and the Forsaken that burned the tree. I doubt Orcs, Tauren and Trolls had any say in the matter.
    It would have been a great story and would justify peace. But if you're really going to see history, it wasn't just Sylvanas. It was the entire Horde.
    Varock was the only one who regretted the act, the rest still act like it was the right thing to do.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Varian. His personal grudge feeling, his emotional decision caused all of this. Before his declaration of war the situation between the Alliance and Horde was quite stable. And don't give me that Putress shit, he clearly stated "death to the Scourge and death to the LIVING", which makes it very clear the Horde had no part in that shit, they got decimated equally at the Wrathgate. But nooo, Varian was angry and started this shit. Idiot.
    Why do they blame either of them? I blame the Horde who can never fulfill a peace treaty.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Kaldorei taught Druidism to the Horde. They traded wood, gave them territories and saved the life of one of their races (we can say two if we add W3).
    And despite all this the Horde set fire to Teldrazzil, when it had already surrendered and no PC from the Horde seemed to bother in the least this except Barock.

This is how the Horde treats those who try to lend a hand. Imagine how he is going to treat the races that enslaved them.

On the side of the Alliance. Teldrazzil has just started and the Kaldorei live longer than the time of WoW. So not a generation is going to pass before WoW ends.

Peace is not impossible.
    The peace of Anduin and Baien that leaves in peace because it is "good" is what is impossible.

Dear I say... you are Terribly misinformed... or you are just willingly ignorant... or you are living inside your Suger Night elf bubble...

The Kaldorei are one of the most Xenophobic, Religious Zelots and militaristic contry on Azeroth...

The Goverment of the Night elves are a Military Junta.... where the Leader of that Military Junta is the Religious Leader of their entire Faith (Tyrande) and she has been their leader for 10.000 years following their God Elune... with blind faith.

One time... the Prophet Velen (A very kind and helpful person) talk to the Priesthood and Tyrande about Elune... after he heard about what and how Elune worked... Velen told them that Elune sounded like a Naru.......... the Night elves Priests where furious.... and Tyrande told him to keep those things to him self.... if you ask me... that is being very Fanatic if you would silence even the smalles Different tought about your God...

In Warcraft 3... when the Troll and Orcs arrived in the barrens... that Taurens where close to beeing extinct... one of the main reason for that is because the Night elves... stoped caring for Kalimdor... and just did their own things in their own forests for many years... that is why Kalimdor is or was such a mess.

Again... in Warcraft 3.... the Night elves traved to the Eastern Kingdomes... where they met Keal'thas after they got what they where after... all...... and I say again.... ALL of the night elves left.... Lorderon... to the undead.... so they knew the humans, dwarfs and elves where in great danger... but they just left... since they where done with their thing...... THEY JUST LEFT.... think about it... if they had stayed around and helped out against the scourge... the history of WoW would be compleetly different if you ask me.

So if you are not a friend of the Night Elves or they dont deem your worthy of their help... they will just let you and your entire race die in a ditch... that is why they are Xenophobic... they mostly only care about them selves and their friends.

Dont mistake me, there are Good Night elves that have done good things to... but The Kaldorai... as a people have dont horrible things so you are terribly misinformed if you think they are a kind people or that the horde should thanks them.

PS: I have no hate towards you or anger, everyone can say their things and think what they want to think, no one wants to change your mind, just want you to know some facts so you can make your own opinoin, wish you well and many good things
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-04-15 at 07:21 AM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Night elfs are far from fanatics, the only people they have something against were undead (because they are unnatural, not sure if that even makes sense or is the case with current lore). With others, they don't kill anyone unless they are hard forced to, they also shun away from torture since that goes against their values.

Compare that to the Horde who go out of their way Killing the entire population of Astranaar, blight everything on their way to Teldrassil. With the goal to kill Tyrande and Malfurion and hold the Night Elfs civilians as hostage because at some point the Alliance could maybe attack them directly.

And when Sylvanas called them to burn Teldrassil, Troll mages happily make these catapults burn magical and shamans used the spirits to call the wind so the projectile Teldrassil. So at minimum, these guys were complicit.

And that's just one event, we had many more before this in Cata, some in Vanilla and some in patch 8.1

Calling Night Elfs the most Xenophobic, Religious Zelots and militaristic is a joke. Sure they have some elements of the properties, sometimes but usually they are the punching bag for the horde.

In Warcraft 3... when the Troll and Orcs arrived in the barrens... that Taurens where close to being extinct... one of the main reason for that is because the Night elves... stoped caring for Kalimdor...
    Untrue please show me a source for this. You can argue the Tauren could have asked the Night Elfs for help, they did not. What you are saying here was never explicitly mentioned in the lore.

So if you are not a friend of the Night Elves or they dont deem your worthy of their help... they will just let you and your entire race die in a ditch... that is why they are Xenophobic... they mostly only care about them selves and their friends.
    You can say the same thing about trolls, humans, Orcs... and most other races, there are only a few expectations where for example an Orc helps as selfless act.

Keal'thas after they got what they where after... all...... and I say again.... ALL of the night elves left.... Lorderon... to the undead.... so they knew the humans, dwarfs and elves where in great danger... but they just left... since they where done with their thing...... THEY JUST LEFT.... think about it... if they had stayed around and helped out against the scourge... the history of WoW would be compleetly different if you ask me.
    Keal'thas also did not ask them for help. They also got enough problems on their own. Not only the scourge was in Felwood, but they also got demons in Ashenvale, Felwood and Hyjal. They had to deal with them themselves (at least when we apply your reading of the lore) after they saved the world with the souls of their ancestors and giving up on their immortality.

The Goverment of the Night elves are a Military Junta.... where the Leader of that Military Junta is the Religious Leader of their entire Faith (Tyrande) and she has been their leader for 10.000 years following their God Elune... with blind faith.
    Yes same with most other leaders in wow just with slightly different systems.
    Also the night elfs are lead by both Tyrande & Malfurion.

Night Elfs had faith in Elune, since she helped them directly in the post quite a lot. It's not necessarily a negative since Elune does not send them to a crusade and the priestesses don't call their people for a crusade or kill the non-believers.

Also not sure how this is a Military Junta, I guess you felt like just throwing this in.

PS: I have no hate towards you or anger, everyone can say their things and think what they want to think, no one wants to change your mind, just want you to know some facts so you can make your own opinoin, wish you well and many good things
    Theses were mostly no facts, just you interpreting things into the lore and filling the many gaps and unexplored topics with your heavily biased opinion.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-04-15 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not reasonable to think that after ALL the shit that happened in the span of what, 30-40 years in Warcraft, Alliance and Horde gonna just go and sit together as a happy family under one roof.

If you think about it, something like Teldrassil alone would poison the well for decades, if not centuries and it's FAR from only one thing in the long list of mutual grievances. Just grab "Before the Storm" novel to see how much hatred there runs deep, Anduin can hug with the Cow all he wants, but even people of Stormwind would have none of it and I'm not even talking about Night Elves who had their home turf picked apart for decades by Horde even in the "better" days.

And then Horde side, aside from Undercity, there is plenty of bad blood there too - whether it's concentration camps or other grievances like Sunreaver purge, Atal'dazar and so on.

Frankly, even armistice that actually holds seems almost unreal with that backlog. Forgive? Ha ha, nope.

Well, let's see, Germany tried to take over the world a good two times and are currently best buds with the people who used to be their worst enemies. If the European Union can exist and be represented mainly by new best buds France and Germany? Peace on Azeroth seems relatively plausible.

I wouldn't want forgiveness and hope it never comes to that. Partially because it's simply not realistic and makes no sense (we have yet to see a true winner, nor have we seen terms of peace and the admittance of defeat, which is crucial for the reconciliation process to begin) and partially because I want to keep teabagging Alliance corpses forever.

The fires that burned Teldrassil were enhanced by shamanistic magic. Considering that Forsaken cannot be shamans, I think it's safe to say orcs, tauren, or trolls had some say in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, let's see, Germany tried to take over the world a good two times and are currently best buds with the people who used to be their worst enemies. If the European Union can exist and be represented mainly by new best buds France and Germany? Peace on Azeroth seems relatively plausible.
    The problem is that it took several generations.
    And a single generation of Kaldorei is the same as the entire existence of humans.

If we ignore the Kaldorei and similar races and aside we ignore that blizzard is going to force the Horde to start another war.
    If in 200 years it opened peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    All that is summed up. Night elves do not help other races.

But the Horde and Humans are dedicated to persecuting the other races.

If all Azertoth were as xenophobic as the Kaldorei there would be no wars. They would all go to the border a lot, and since no one enters the border of the other, they would go home.

At the end of the day in WoW the Kaldorei are among the Least Xenophobic races.
    Only the races that are directly pacifists are below them. Tauren, Dranei.

PS: Speaking of the current Kaldorei. Not Ashara's.

PS2: So if a kaldorei is the one who is going to tell you more times that his race is superior. But if you don't bother them they won't do anything to you.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-04-16 at 05:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that is summed up. Night elves do not help other races.
    The night elfs probably hell other races more then any other race in the game helping a new race almost every expan.

In classic there helping furbogs.
    In tbc there helping the goats.
    In wrath there helping the kirin tor.
    In cata there helping the worgen.
    In mop there helping the pandas.
    Wod is a wash.
    In legion there helping the nightbourn.
    Then BFA they get wrecked.