View Poll Results: Do you think the Alliance and the Horde can ever forgive each other for past crimes?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they can forgive each other

42 24.56%
  • No, they can't forgive each other

82 47.95%
  • Other / Not sure / It's complicated

47 27.49%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And if night elves move to Eatern Kingdoms then Blood elves and forsaken should move to Kalimdor. Enirely. Leaving Silvermoon and Lordaeron.

But they wont because its their ancestral land which they have all the rights to own so neither should night elves be forced to relocate.
    Noone is forcing anyone to do anything, you're right though if the factions REALLY wanted peace it could be achieved that way as well
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Noone is forcing anyone to do anything, you're right though if the factions REALLY wanted peace it could be achieved that way as well
    Horde has all the resources they want with Azshara and their more recent new zones like Highmountain , Suramar and Zandalar. They have huge ports , rich land and abundance of resources. Horde has literally no need for Ashenvale other then just greed right now.

There can be peace when they settle down and stop trying to take whats not theirs, maybe try to be less genocidal too.

If you always run away...then you never have to fight. A rather fucked up philosophy.

No forgiveness... both need to be dismantled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Where has it been reestablished? Wowpedia has Ashenvale in shambles.
    If the Horde still had remains there Tyrande would have demanded their retreat the moment when Thrall came crawling for forgiveness at Nordrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    If the Horde still had remains there Tyrande would have demanded their retreat the moment when Thrall came crawling for forgiveness at Nordrassil.
    They might have simply glossed over it, really. So far there is no evidence that Ashenvale was returned. Plus she would have being there and not on Hyjal if that was so.

They might have simply glossed over it, really. So far there is no evidence that Ashenvale was returned. Plus she would have being there and not on Hyjal if that was so.
    The opposite would be the case, if the horde still was in Ashenvale she or at least one of her commanders (Maiev or Shandris) would have been there fighting for it.
    It was stated by Blizzard that the Nightelves won Darkshore which would automatically lead to further battles in Ashenvale which, according to the mission table, never was fully taken by the horde.
    The fact that all of these 3 where at Hyjal shows that all fighting was over at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you always run away...then you never have to fight. A rather fucked up philosophy.
    What's the alternative? Genocide your enemy and hope that creates peace? Do remind me how that worked out for Sylvanas.

Peace can only come about if both sides lay down their swords and stop fighting. Call it "running away" but the Night Elves already stood their ground, and they lost. Lost their homes and their land, they can try to reclaim them or settle elsewhere.

You can either bury the hatchet or choose to dig it into your opponent face and hope that does it, and for the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of WoW's history it very specifically HASN'T done it.

I don't know what skewed reality you live in where this "fight till the last man" mentality is sound.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-03-03 at 08:23 PM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Since you obviously hate your faction so much, why not get rid of it completely? Azeroth would be enjoying more then a decade of peace if it wasn't for the Horde Warchiefs starting wars and then allying with evil cosmic forces to destroy the planet/reality.

The damage Garrosh and Sylvanas have done to the Horde's mindsets is seemingly irreperable. "If it doesn't tell me to go slaughter civilians, it's not my Horde, but don't you dare call us evil!!!", is the Horde's honest demand of what they want the game to be for them now.
    You know, there is a middle spot between an Alliance bootlicker and full warmongering idiot. Because us Hordies have got either one or the other extreme.

There can be peace when they settle down and stop trying to take whats not theirs, maybe try to be less genocidal too.
    Hey man, taking what's not theirs is what Orcs have been doing since like ever.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 08:31 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

if alliance do as horde did, and take a harsh empty land to live in it, sure
    but seriously, alliance founding dwarfs every single crime horde did in their entire history, even under demonic blood, alliance literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if alliance do as horde did, and take a harsh empty land to live in it, sure
    but seriously, alliance founding dwarfs every single crime horde did in their entire history, even under demonic blood, alliance literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    Ye man, I'm sure Alliance did much worse than Teldrassil.

Also, what did Horde do with locals when they tried to settle in Durotar? And what did they want to do in First/Second War and in WoD with entire Azeroth?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ...alliance and horde literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    Convenient to forget that a big part of your faction was involved in that as well, isn't it?

Sure. Time and actions can heal just about any wounds. It is obvious the two sides can work together when they got to. So that proves it's very possible. Now it is just about doing it when they don't have to.

Convenient to forget that a big part of your faction was involved in that as well, isn't it?
    There was no Horde back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There was no Horde back then.
    But the people responsible are part of the horde now. Your past does not vanish just by switching sides. Elves and Humans (Undead) of the horde are as guilty in the troll wars as their counterparts as the ones in the alliance.

But the people responsible are part of the horde now. Your past does not vanish just by switching sides. Elves and Humans (Undead) of the horde are as guilty in the troll wars as their counterparts as the ones in the alliance.
    I mean, that was a dumb argument from the guy in the first place. Horde (Orcs/Forsaken mainly) did so much evil shit compared to anyone else, that no amount of mental gymnastic can change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomgamer View Post
    Genn Greymane tried to assassinate the Warchief and wasn't punished at all by the Alliance. The Horde going to war made perfect sense.
    Greetings Mr. Burner Account. For which of your main accounts here are you trying to create echo chamber?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-04 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Conspiracy theories aside, I don't see how stating facts is creating an echo chamber. Unless you believe in alternative facts, case in which, flatearth away.
    Ye, ye #sylvididnothingwrong

Perfect sense for the Horde to go to war and did what they did.

Someone trying to assassinate your leader and the other side not doing shit to punish them is actually a pretty good reason to go to war because it shows any notion of ''peace'' is a joke.
    Ye, shame we know that had nothing to do with that. AKA Sylvi just wanted to fuel the Maw.

Not to mention that at the time of the "assassination" attempt Syliv was trying to enslave an important character from the faction we all tried to enlist help against Legion for her own personal gain. Potentially undermining us all.

No one knew this
    Every player character knew. And what that even has to do with anything? Sorry, but Horde has been painted as an aggressor since at least Cata, fact so many Horde players complained about.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 09:44 PM.