Poll: Do you think the Alliance and the Horde can ever forgive each other for past crimes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Since you obviously hate your faction so much, why not get rid of it completely? Azeroth would be enjoying more then a decade of peace if it wasn't for the Horde Warchiefs starting wars and then allying with evil cosmic forces to destroy the planet/reality.

The damage Garrosh and Sylvanas have done to the Horde's mindsets is seemingly irreperable. "If it doesn't tell me to go slaughter civilians, it's not my Horde, but don't you dare call us evil!!!", is the Horde's honest demand of what they want the game to be for them now.
    You know, there is a middle spot between an Alliance bootlicker and full warmongering idiot. Because us Hordies have got either one or the other extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    There can be peace when they settle down and stop trying to take whats not theirs, maybe try to be less genocidal too.
    Hey man, taking what's not theirs is what Orcs have been doing since like ever.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 08:31 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    if alliance do as horde did, and take a harsh empty land to live in it, sure
    but seriously, alliance founding dwarfs every single crime horde did in their entire history, even under demonic blood, alliance literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if alliance do as horde did, and take a harsh empty land to live in it, sure
    but seriously, alliance founding dwarfs every single crime horde did in their entire history, even under demonic blood, alliance literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    Ye man, I'm sure Alliance did much worse than Teldrassil.

Also, what did Horde do with locals when they tried to settle in Durotar? And what did they want to do in First/Second War and in WoD with entire Azeroth?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 08:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ...alliance and horde literally wiped out trolls to live in their places
    Convenient to forget that a big part of your faction was involved in that as well, isn't it?

Sure. Time and actions can heal just about any wounds. It is obvious the two sides can work together when they got to. So that proves it's very possible. Now it is just about doing it when they don't have to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Convenient to forget that a big part of your faction was involved in that as well, isn't it?
    There was no Horde back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There was no Horde back then.
    But the people responsible are part of the horde now. Your past does not vanish just by switching sides. Elves and Humans (Undead) of the horde are as guilty in the troll wars as their counterparts as the ones in the alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    But the people responsible are part of the horde now. Your past does not vanish just by switching sides. Elves and Humans (Undead) of the horde are as guilty in the troll wars as their counterparts as the ones in the alliance.
    I mean, that was a dumb argument from the guy in the first place. Horde (Orcs/Forsaken mainly) did so much evil shit compared to anyone else, that no amount of mental gymnastic can change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomgamer View Post
    Genn Greymane tried to assassinate the Warchief and wasn't punished at all by the Alliance. The Horde going to war made perfect sense.
    Greetings Mr. Burner Account. For which of your main accounts here are you trying to create echo chamber?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-04 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theories aside, I don't see how stating facts is creating an echo chamber. Unless you believe in alternative facts, case in which, flatearth away.
    Ye, ye #sylvididnothingwrong

Perfect sense for the Horde to go to war and did what they did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone trying to assassinate your leader and the other side not doing shit to punish them is actually a pretty good reason to go to war because it shows any notion of ''peace'' is a joke.
    Ye, shame we know that had nothing to do with that. AKA Sylvi just wanted to fuel the Maw.

Not to mention that at the time of the "assassination" attempt Syliv was trying to enslave an important character from the faction we all tried to enlist help against Legion for her own personal gain. Potentially undermining us all.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one knew this
    Every player character knew. And what that even has to do with anything? Sorry, but Horde has been painted as an aggressor since at least Cata, fact so many Horde players complained about.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-03 at 09:44 PM.

Conspiracy theories aside, I don't see how stating facts is creating an echo chamber. Unless you believe in alternative facts, case in which, flatearth away.
    It's only a fact if it's true. Considering Genn was punished by Anduin, your claim is false. You can say he wasn't punished enough, and you can propose a different, more suitable punishment, but misrepresenting the facts doesn't actually make the opposite true.

What punishment did Genn get?
    According to Before the Storm, Anduin rebuked both Genn and Rogers for their part in the attack on the Forsaken fleet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Perfect sense for the Horde to go to war.
    It was about time Ally fans admitted to it

- - - Updated - - -

So... he got yelled at?
    Not even that, a slap in the wrist at most
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

So... he got yelled at?
    "Forcefully rebuked" is the only description we get. Rogers doesn't make any appearance in BfA, so it is possible she was also suspended from active service. I'm not sure if Anduin has the authority to do that to Genn, since Genn is the leader of one of the nations of the Alliance, though he was put on babysitting duty for Jaina during the start of BfA. It's clear he's back into a position of authority by Dazar'alor, though, given that he and Shaw were the ones to lead the attack on Rastakhan.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    At this point baddies of the month dealt less damage to the Alliance then the horde. I genuinely think that siding with "evil light" kinda like Yrel is more beneficial than helping horde defeat it at this point.
    I hope this happens because I really want to see the Alliance on the other end of the stick and Yrel deserves a good role after WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol! Each others crimes? I guess horde comes with the good old camp taurajo story. But I think alliance will never come close to the crimes the horde has done!
    But this is totally fine. I think this is a very important part of WoW. You don't need to rub it into the players faces like in bfa but it's just cool to have that "unknown" other people. Oh shit horde is already there etc. This is great. And the best part is you can't spam them in chat, very important feature in todays hate internet culture. Yea so... even being one of the biggest Kaldorei fans around, I do not think this concept of inaccessible factions needs to stay. But maybe add some more factions or split out some? I still think that Kaldorei does not fit the alliance at all.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Ye, shame we know that had nothing to do with that. AKA Sylvi just wanted to fuel the Maw.

Not to mention that at the time of the "assassination" attempt Syliv was trying to enslave an important character from the faction we all tried to enlist help against Legion for her own personal gain. Potentially undermining us all.
    Yeah, because Genn starting a conflict between the factions did not undermine us all. Oh, wait, the very justification in the story for Class Order Halls leading the charge against the Legion was that the Alliance and the Horde were too distracted by being at each other's throats.

Meanwhile on the other hand Sylvanas jeopardized nothing, because we weren't "trying to enlist" any faction there in the first place. We were trying to get the Aegis, which we were doing by participating in Odyn's trials. Which Odyn, in his complete and utter derangement, merrily let even Skovald partake in. Despite the fact that Skovald openly betrayed the Stormheim Vrykul (and, consequently, Odyn himself) and broke the rules of every trial. We only teamed up with Odyn because he went "it was me all along" to us after the fact. Completely ignoring Sylvanas' shenanigans. And then cheerfully directing Horde and Alliance players to kill each other.

Also, none of that had anything to do with Genn's motivations, as he didn't even know about any of that when he attacked. He only learned that Sylvanas' plans has something to do with Val'kyr, without knowing that it's even about Eyir in particular, right before their final confrontation.

Every player character knew. And what that even has to do with anything? Sorry, but Horde has been painted as an aggressor since at least Cata, fact so many Horde players complained about.
    Every player knew something that you learn only halfway into Stormheim at the time of Genn's attack on Sylvanas that took place at the start of Stormheim? Damn, did we steal some time traveling gear from the Bronze Dragonflight in Legion and I didn't know about it?

Also, the Alliance started the war that was going on during Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    It's only a fact if it's true. Considering Genn was punished by Anduin, your claim is false. You can say he wasn't punished enough, and you can propose a different, more suitable punishment, but misrepresenting the facts doesn't actually make the opposite true.
    Except by Anduin's own advice all he did with Genn in reaction to him violating his orders was giving him a stern talk. That's not a punishment by any stretch of the word. Especially once you put it in context of high treason and crimes against peace. Especially^2 if you put it in the additional context of Anduin supposedly being oh, so much in favor of peace and preserving it.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-03-04 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla WoW would have been the time to do this, but as usual Blizzard blew it.