Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Punished for having low graphic settings

Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're punished in any (clearly not any, but almost) game for playing on the lowest settings. It's been like that forever. How can you expect to play on the lowest settings AND have everything showing the same as on higher settings?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!
    Would you prefer that they force projected textures and medium particles? Instead of allowing you to slide them?

Cause that's what you're asking for.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-02-11 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    You're punished in any (clearly not any, but almost) game for playing on the lowest settings. It's been like that forever. How can you expect to play on the lowest settings AND have everything showing the same as on higher settings?
    Isn't that what "Essential" is for? What kind of logic is this? You can't even see the thing that pushes you off or instantly kills you, yet in other dungeons you can see spells that need to be dodged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Would you prefer that they force projected textures and medium particles? Instead of allowing you to slide them?

Cause that's what you're asking for.
    I mean, ye. Its crucial in thsi game to dodge bad shit, the fact theres an option to turn it off is extremly stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I mean, ye. Its crucial in thsi game to dodge bad shit, the fact theres an option to turn it off is extremly stupid.
    Then they should add a warning for lowering that setting below medium rather than removing the setting to turn it below outright. There's many people playing this game on potatoes & the option to go sub-medium might help them, so it should absolutely not be removed.

I remember turning one of these settings to low was a damn near must for KJ Having ultra all the time isn't great either!

Okay, thank you for the feedback. It appears that your computer isn't strong enough to handle our game, so we have disabled it from accessing the game. Please upgrade your computer so that you can regain access to your account.

Thank you!

UwU Blizzard Developer

Outsource this job to CDPR - they will get it running for you on a 486!

10+ Year Old Account

Playing on a Toaster has consequences. Those things you mention are NOT invisible. When YOU make the cognizant choice to set your graphics a certain way it on you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You need to have projected textures enabled to see everything on the ground. It might be stupid, but that's how it always was, it's nothing new. Just keep them enabled with everything else on low, shouldn't be an issue.

You could also install DBM (or something similar), it'll warn and yell at you to move. The other one....cant you just follow the movement of the other 4 players? Outside of that, you might need to bump your settings up a little.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    The world's best Starcraft 2 players found it graphically punishing to play on max settings actually and turned it down so they could see animations clearer Protoss Nexus destruction was the biggest offender.

Yeah that's a pretty common thing. I remember this issue very well when I was wiping back in WoD on a brawlers guild boss and I couldn't see the shit he spawned on the floor.

I can understand your frustration, however all that blizz can do is just force projected textures which will make your gameplay totally unplayable (since you don't want to turn it on yourself I suppose so).

That being said, this issue is mostly on you and you'll have to upgrade your PC if you wanna have a good WoW experience.

if you're at the lowest setting at 1080p, maybe you should drop down to 720p. Just saying.

I'd rather they not waste time testing content at stick figure settings for 2007 laptops.

If the game is expected and allowed to be played at those settings, all the necessary mechanics and effects necessary for a player to see so they can actually function shouldn't be turned off by those settings.

I understand the hate against the toaster, but Blizzards decision to make it work this way was incredibly stupid. If they allow it to be played on a toaster, all those effects should be visible when using a toaster.

You can get away with lowest graphic settings, just ensure you got "Projected Textures" enabled to see effects on grounds to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being limited by playing on low graphic settings is sort of the nature of video gaming. I sympathize, I do, but it's how it works and if you're trying to build some case against Blizzard here I doubt if you'll find a lot of sympathy. For what it's worth, Blizzard's decision a few years ago to upgrade the floor of what is and isn't a 'toaster' has been pushing people out for some years now. I think it's a bad decision on their part but that's on them. It's on you whether or not you feel the need to respond.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-02-11 at 09:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I also had to turn down all quality on my laptop at work and was wondering why I wouldn't see any ground areas causing damage, until I activated projected textures.
    They either need to force projected textures and increase the minimum requirements, or add some alternative like some simple circle on the ground.
    But that you can deactivate it while it is crucial for gameplay does not make any sense.

snip
    Get everything on LOW, then activate "Projected Textures". There, now you see the visual effects on the ground.

It's one particular setting, and doesn't have to do with your overall graphics settings. You could miss those on Ultra with that setting off.