Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Not reading through the entire thread, so someone may have mentioned this. Projected textures must be turned on to see most floor abilities. A long time ago, it was a resource hog, probably because the method originally used was horribly coded. There is zero impact on resources if you turn on projected textures. You can keep all other settings low.
    Been mentioned many times, but apparantly it's blizzards fault everything isn't turned on by default when you lower the settings so low. There is no issue here, you just turn it on.

    Fact is, these pcs do not meet blizzards recommended settings and that is the key issue here. This isn't new, it's been around since the dawn of pc gaming - if you drop the settings to low, you will be getting sniped by snipers you can't see, passed by a car that never even appeared in your rearview mirror, and generally speaking, you will have a bad time.

  2. #122
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in the mountains, idk.
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Duh. Blizzard could instead just show a brown circle, one plain color. Would make it super easy to see and no performance cost.

    Also im sure that Blizzard could programm an easy to see swirly that costs no performance, but isn't as nice. Then use the generic ugly swirly for effects like this.
    Why would you be rewarded intentionally (by having easier to see/manage effects) for having lower settings?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Been mentioned many times, but apparantly it's blizzards fault everything isn't turned on by default when you lower the settings so low. There is no issue here, you just turn it on.

    Fact is, these pcs do not meet blizzards recommended settings and that is the key issue here. This isn't new, it's been around since the dawn of pc gaming - if you drop the settings to low, you will be getting sniped by snipers you can't see, passed by a car that never even appeared in your rearview mirror, and generally speaking, you will have a bad time.
    Are you dense? It absolutely is an issue if minimum settings omit essential gameplay mechanics. Yes there's no personal issue, because everyone can just turn it on, but that doesn't change the fact that these things should be visible on minimum settings. A lot of new players don't realise what 'projected textures' does, may end up going into a dungeon and getting abuse/kicked from group because of the absolute state of the WoW playerbase. The minimum settings should include these because, as it stands, the minimum settings are not the minimum for anyone who participates in any dungeon content (which, even at the most casual, normal difficulty, is the majority of the playerbase. It's an MMO).

  4. #124
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    27,944
    Turn on projected textures. I went through each setting as a test, and that one let me see shit on the ground despite everything else being set to low.



    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Even if the textures were there, do you have the reaction time to move out on them on a potato running this game on bare minimum (and most likely below minimum). If you have to play any game on minimum settings, the game isn't for you.
    The authority has spoken!




    /s, obviously.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Never underestimate the speed at which the MMO-C gamerboys will jump into defense of sexual miscreants. Womyn are meanies...

  5. #125
    The requirements are there for a reason.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Are you dense? It absolutely is an issue if minimum settings omit essential gameplay mechanics. Yes there's no personal issue, because everyone can just turn it on, but that doesn't change the fact that these things should be visible on minimum settings. A lot of new players don't realise what 'projected textures' does, may end up going into a dungeon and getting abuse/kicked from group because of the absolute state of the WoW playerbase. The minimum settings should include these because, as it stands, the minimum settings are not the minimum for anyone who participates in any dungeon content (which, even at the most casual, normal difficulty, is the majority of the playerbase. It's an MMO).
    When I was levelling, I was getting vote kicked for dying a lot... Its safe to say I probably messed up but sometimes I do remember WTF did I even die to? It must have been something super obvious to my teammates and invisible to me It kept me away from dungeons during levelling tbh...

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Are you dense? It absolutely is an issue if minimum settings omit essential gameplay mechanics. Yes there's no personal issue, because everyone can just turn it on, but that doesn't change the fact that these things should be visible on minimum settings. A lot of new players don't realise what 'projected textures' does, may end up going into a dungeon and getting abuse/kicked from group because of the absolute state of the WoW playerbase. The minimum settings should include these because, as it stands, the minimum settings are not the minimum for anyone who participates in any dungeon content (which, even at the most casual, normal difficulty, is the majority of the playerbase. It's an MMO).
    Nothing about minimum settings suggests you are capable of completing all content in the game. You are confusing minimum requirements with recommended requirements.

    It's really that simple.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The requirements are there for a reason.
    They won't listen, the white knights are riding high and refuse to acknowledge that when you play the game on a pc that doesn't come close to the recommended requirements provided by blizzard, it will be a far less than ideal experience.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nothing about minimum settings suggests you are capable of completing all content in the game. You are confusing minimum requirements with recommended requirements.

    It's really that simple.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They won't listen, the white knights are riding high and refuse to acknowledge that when you play the game on a pc that doesn't come close to the recommended requirements provided by blizzard, it will be a far less than ideal experience.
    You're the person white knighting Blizzard, you understand that right?

    According to WoW fanboys like you, minimum requirements aren't the minimum requirements, but the recommended. Do you have any awareness of how dumb you sound?

    Obviously the minimum settings are never going to be ideal, and they will always make seeing spell details more difficult. However, that does not mean that a whole cluster of spell effects should just be invisible. There are projected textures in quest content, too. This needs to be baseline. If that alters the minimum requirements for the game that Blizzard publish then so be it. THAT'S THE POINT.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure.

    You'd just get ppl complaining how they don't do content that requires you to dodge shit and how it is patronizing and shit design to not allow grown up human beings to make the decision to turn things off if they so chose.
    I want to turn off all players' characters, with the option to toggle mounts and individual gear pieces, but this shit game won't let me. My PC shouldn't have to load those models when I only want to see and dodge boss mechanics.

  10. #130
    Keyboard Turner Cwn Annwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Isn't that what "Essential" is for? What kind of logic is this? You can't even see the thing that pushes you off or instantly kills you, yet in other dungeons you can see spells that need to be dodged.
    they probably need to up the min game specs for wow tbh, but I imagine that's probably not so straight forward in a game 15 years old, probably some politics involved in doing that.

    short term, probably time for a hardware upgrade.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    You're the person white knighting Blizzard, you understand that right?

    According to WoW fanboys like you, minimum requirements aren't the minimum requirements, but the recommended. Do you have any awareness of how dumb you sound?

    Obviously the minimum settings are never going to be ideal, and they will always make seeing spell details more difficult. However, that does not mean that a whole cluster of spell effects should just be invisible. There are projected textures in quest content, too. This needs to be baseline. If that alters the minimum requirements for the game that Blizzard publish then so be it. THAT'S THE POINT.
    You are confused. Minimum requirements exist, and as you say clearly, when running on a pc of that extremely low level, you are not going to be able to see all the spells. I'm not confusing min and recommended, you lot are. If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.

    Ironically, if your scenario did play out, OP would still have nothing to complain about, as they would no longer meet the min requirements for the game. THAT is the point.

  12. #132
    Dreadlord scvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are confused. Minimum requirements exist, and as you say clearly, when running on a pc of that extremely low level, you are not going to be able to see all the spells. I'm not confusing min and recommended, you lot are. If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.

    Ironically, if your scenario did play out, OP would still have nothing to complain about, as they would no longer meet the min requirements for the game. THAT is the point.
    This is dumb as fuck.

    This thread needs locking, Jesus christ.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are confused. Minimum requirements exist, and as you say clearly, when running on a pc of that extremely low level, you are not going to be able to see all the spells. I'm not confusing min and recommended, you lot are. If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.

    Ironically, if your scenario did play out, OP would still have nothing to complain about, as they would no longer meet the min requirements for the game. THAT is the point.
    A core gameplay mechanic isn't an optional feature, that's the problem. These things exist in all content and they should not be invisible because the graphics settings are low. They should still have some sort of identifier.

    'If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.' Okay, imagine playing CoD or another FPS game but their minimum graphics setting made mines or grenades invisible to you. Sounds good right? Because that's what you're arguing. A portion of damaging ground spell effects in a game that are invisible, despite meeting the minimum requirements, and that's fine?

    Maybe if they didn't meet the minimum requirements they wouldn't have bought it anyway? Regardless, that's not the issue here, so it most definitely is not the point. The issue OP was highlighting was that necessary spell effects are invisible on low settings, and was inviting us to check for ourselves by putting everything low to see. OP is new, and didn't understand what the different graphic settings all alter.

    Honestly, everyone on here acts like there aren't new people playing the game. I'm embarrassed by you and others like you, it's a dreadful display of ignorance. OP comes here to highlight an issue and gets shit thrown at him. How dare someone be new and not know something!
    Last edited by TheAld; 2021-02-13 at 01:58 AM.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are confused. Minimum requirements exist, and as you say clearly, when running on a pc of that extremely low level, you are not going to be able to see all the spells. I'm not confusing min and recommended, you lot are. If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.

    Ironically, if your scenario did play out, OP would still have nothing to complain about, as they would no longer meet the min requirements for the game. THAT is the point.
    You do realize the OP's computer can run the game just fine at the low settings, right? The issue has been the same as it's always been with projected textures being turned off. Why are you still ranting about minimum requirements?

    And FYI, I am one of those players at the lowest possible settings and yes, I can see everything and all spells. Never get hit by fire.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    A core gameplay mechanic isn't an optional feature, that's the problem. These things exist in all content and they should not be invisible because the graphics settings are low. They should still have some sort of identifier.

    'If you want all the features of the game enabled, you must meet or exceed the recommended hardware.' Okay, imagine playing CoD or another FPS game but their minimum graphics setting made mines or grenades invisible to you. Sounds good right? Because that's what you're arguing. A portion of damaging ground spell effects in a game that are invisible, despite meeting the minimum requirements, and that's fine?

    Maybe if they didn't meet the minimum requirements they wouldn't have bought it anyway? Regardless, that's not the issue here, so it most definitely is not the point. The issue OP was highlighting was that necessary spell effects are invisible on low settings, and was inviting us to check for ourselves by putting everything low to see. OP is new, and didn't understand what the different graphic settings all alter.

    Honestly, everyone on here acts like there aren't new people playing the game. I'm embarrassed by you and others like you, it's a dreadful display of ignorance. OP comes here to highlight an issue and gets shit thrown at him. How dare someone be new and not know something!
    Interesting that you mention cod! If you turn everything down in warzone, people can shoot you that you cannot even see! Omg shock horror, if you want to play it with all features enabled, you need a pc which meets or exceeds the recommended hardware, not the minimum.

    Airstrikes, mines, loot on the ground, scope glint - all far less visible on low settings. Competitive players do reduce some settings, such as ground clutter, but you gotta have that draw distance maxed.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Interesting that you mention cod! If you turn everything down in warzone, people can shoot you that you cannot even see! Omg shock horror, if you want to play it with all features enabled, you need a pc which meets or exceeds the recommended hardware, not the minimum.

    Airstrikes, mines, loot on the ground, scope glint - all far less visible on low settings. Competitive players do reduce some settings, such as ground clutter, but you gotta have that draw distance maxed.
    Then that's an issue with COD too and the minimum settings that are allowed to be reduced down to should be altered, or as others have suggested a warning should advise you of what your limitations are (low view distance = cannot see enemies. In WoW, no projected textures = not seeing harmful spell details). Other enemies aren't an optional feature.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You do realize the OP's computer can run the game just fine at the low settings, right? The issue has been the same as it's always been with projected textures being turned off. Why are you still ranting about minimum requirements?

    And FYI, I am one of those players at the lowest possible settings and yes, I can see everything and all spells. Never get hit by fire.
    You do realise that running everything at min means you, at best, meet the minimum requirements, not the recommended, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Then that's an issue with COD too...Other enemies aren't an optional feature.
    Then please ensure you meet the recommended hardware requirements for the game. As you said earlier, by only meeting the min requirements, obviously some features will not be enabled.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You do realise that running everything at min means you, at best, meet the minimum requirements, not the recommended, right?
    Besides the fact you are making crap up about not being able to see all spells at minimum requirements? Or that minimum means you aren't capable of completing all content in the game. To repeat myself yet again, I am a player playing at the lowest possible settings, besides projected textures, and I can easily see all spells, easily avoid all fire, and have seen all content. So everything you've said is complete bull.

    What's even more worrying is that you think Blizzard would be dumb enough to gate their main content behind a pointless PC spec requirement.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Besides the fact you are making crap up about not being able to see all spells at minimum requirements? Or that minimum means you aren't capable of completing all content in the game. To repeat myself yet again, I am a player playing at the lowest possible settings, besides projected textures, and I can easily see all spells, easily avoid all fire, and have seen all content. So everything you've said is complete bull.

    What's even more worrying is that you think Blizzard would be dumb enough to gate their main content behind a pointless PC spec requirement.
    Oh dear you are EXTREMELY confused. Read a few of my posts in this thread. Yikes man, big yikes.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear you are EXTREMELY confused. Read a few of my posts in this thread. Yikes man, big yikes.
    Nice... the classic forum response of personal insults with no actual rebuttal. Not sure why I expected anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •