Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    it boils down to 2 options

1) Blizzard force projected textures. Game is now unplayable regardless of if you are a casual who doesn't do M+/Raid
    2) Blizzard don't force projected textures. People who want to M+/Raid need to turn them on to do so or upgrade. People who don't do M+/Raid are not impacted.

Some people will agree with 1), some with 2). All this thread has been is people arguing one way or the other and there is no obvious answer.

/thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    And yet you don't refute the argument I or the OP put forth, you're entirely missing the issue. Again, learn to read.
    OP said that he turned all that stuff off, OP also said he didn't know what all that stuff was... either you missed those nuggets, or you should take your own advice... OP created the situation by turning off things he didn't know what were.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Regardless of this or that, having options to reduce the game to a point it actually becomes dysfunctional is incredibly retarded choice of design.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!
    Lowest possible setting, done that, had no problem spotting dangers. There's a fine graphical indication even on the lowest setting.

Could even increase the setting on my laptop from 2014, which is a plain Lenovo L520, so what old machine are you playing the game on?

Of course, if you go along and turn off things that even an old computer can run, then you are creating a scenario where things will work against you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!
    Why not share with the folks your system specs, and tell the folks why you went thru and turned things off that you had no idea what were for? It really seems like you created the problem for yourself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Have you tried not playing on lowest settings?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    It is entirely possible to keep Projected Textures enabled while other settings medium to low to compensate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The way i understand this would mean meeting the MIN requirements, but not the recommended. Recommended is really what people should be aiming for if they want to have an acceptable experience in the game, imo. But i do realize thats not attainable for everyone.
    Meeting the minimum requirement means you basically can run higher than graphic setting 2, which is where projected textures enable, at setting 1, you would have to enable it yourself - but if you are at setting 1, then you are WAY under minimum requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this one exactly.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/76459

If you run the minimum requirement, then you can run graphics setting 2+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Regardless of this or that, having options to reduce the game to a point it actually becomes dysfunctional is incredibly retarded choice of design.
    Sooo, just wanted to try some research...

1.: Lowest preset settings on PC, the game could easily be played and you could see some aoe, while others either displayed a debuff that you were standing in it, or there was an outline showing the aoe.

2.: Lowest preset settings on Laptop from 2014 (L520), the game could easily be played and you could see some aoe, while others either displayed a debuff that you were standing in it, or there was an outline showing the aoe.

If you slide the presets to setting 2, then of course life will be even easier but you could easily do a mythic+ on graphical setting 1 if you just take care with your UI and react for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, it is ultimately just a downside to PC gaming in general; your rig unfortunately has to keep pace with the industry, or at least not fall too far behind.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    Yeah, it is ultimately just a downside to PC gaming in general; your rig unfortunately has to keep pace with the industry, or at least not fall too far behind.
    It's not hard or expensive to keep up, the vast majority of PC gamers don't have 5900x/RTX3090 rigs, Steam shows high usage for GTX1060 for example. Very few games are truly punishing on low end rigs. You also have to manage expectations, you can't expect a rig thats 10 years old to perform the same, consoles have moved on - so have PCs.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Did you however manually Enable Projected Textures? And do you see specificly the mentioned ground effects.

Because that would be interesting to know if its a not overall Issue with missing effects.
    Lowest possible settings but with projected textures turned on, which isn't an issue since that one option has virtually little to no effect on overall performance.

Missing fire circles is not really an issue at all. Basically this thread has just been filled with a dozen people pulling out of their ass what it's like to play at the lowest settings. Which is sad because any of them could literally go into the game right now and test it for themselves. They'll see it's not the end of the world.

Man, some people will smash their head against a wall for an hour before they'll ever tolerate even the scantest bit of criticism aimed at Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizz could just make it a red 2d circle for such AOE, very basic and simple.
    Agreed.

Are you playing on a Commodore 64 or something? I haven't upgraded my computer in 5 years and it runs SL just fine at medium graphics. Your complaint is basically the equivalent of complaining your PS1 wont play PS4 games...

Honestly, sounds like a bug. You should probably open a ticket instead of posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account

Try the GTFO Addon if that helps and you can `t play on higher settings. Won `t help with oneshots though.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Honestly, sounds like a bug. You should probably open a ticket instead of posting here.
    Well, I managed to do DOS with lowest settings possible on a 2014 laptop, and saw the oil. So I guess it is a bug.. The Sin Quake appears without problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Lowest possible settings but with projected textures turned on, which isn't an issue since that one option has virtually little to no effect on overall performance.

Missing fire circles is not really an issue at all. Basically this thread has just been filled with a dozen people pulling out of their ass what it's like to play at the lowest settings. Which is sad because any of them could literally go into the game right now and test it for themselves. They'll see it's not the end of the world.
    Ah yea, thats what I also said. If you approach the problem with a bit self effort you dont have any Problems. But if you dont think about why you might have problems, and just push the slider all the way to the Left, and just randomly die but dont investigate why. It can be a problem for those.

Consequences /= Punishment. You are facing the consequence of not having your graphics at a higher setting. You are not being punished in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizz could just make it a red 2d circle for such AOE, very basic and simple.
    Fairly sure it's the projecting of the texture that's the "big" resource hog... not the actual texture in of itself. The texture is mostly memory. So that won't change much.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

yeah honestly the fact that you can turn projected textures off without a big "are you sure?" warning box is kinda stupid.

though if you are having issues that bad with the game, it's time to go to the settings files not the in game options. chances are you can completely turn off some things like shadows in there or at least reduce them further than the ingame options allow.