Poll: Do you want Guild Perks to return?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you want Guild Perks to return?

Guild Perks were an addition in Cataclysm -- there were 25 different Perks and different levels to the Guild system, and it encouraged many people to skill and level after joining different guilds -- such as reducing durability loss, increasing reputation gains, increasing Honor and Justice Points, increasing skill traits and materials, and of course, Mass Resurrection.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Guild_adva...vels_and_perks

Are most people happy that they are gone? Or do they want them to return in some way, shape or form? I must admit, I actually personally enjoyed them a lot when I was first invited to a guild, saw these dozens of passive bonuses, and made it feel like everyone part of the guild was contributing to each other's efforts, and had something just for being a member of the guild. They do not have to restore the old ones -- but adding new and more relevant and useful ones could turn out to be very interesting.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-02-12 at 08:29 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

We still have a few in the way of Mobile Banking, Guild Mail, reduced HS CD, & 10% mount speed.

I don't think there's any need for the Cata perks back, although I do have fond memories of buying a R25 social guild with 400+ members for 100k & living off of the cash flow perk for a while before selling it on for a profit I'm fine with mass res being tied to healers.

What it encouraged was cesspool guilds inviting everyone and anyone as soon as they made a character to leech the gold off of them. As well as degenerate gameplay like summoning people to their deaths or skipping dungeon and raid bosses.

I do miss the bonus speed while dead, though.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd have to be reimagined. Every guild worth anything would have everything unlocked, and... that'd be it. Kinda dull.

Maybe something like... the more guild runs of Rated BG / Mythic+ / Raids you do in a week, the more bonuses to gold income / world quest rewards / anima you have the week after... with a percentual bonus added on top depending on the amount of guild achievement points the guild has. That'd encourage and reward player in-guild activities.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The two things I miss about Guild Perks are Mass Summon and Mass Resurrection.

Mass Summon apparently ended up being restricted because of World PvP issues. And while War Mode is in the game now, I can still kind of understand why they would want it restricted. But I'd like to maybe see a kind of return to it where you trigger a Mass Summon by yourself via Summoning Stones now. Still gives raid and dungeon groups the convenience the Mass Summon was implemented for, while avoiding the PvP issues.

Mass Rez we have only with healers specifically now. It is still a pain when tanks or dps are left standing that they can't do a mass resurrection. Especially those with one-person resurrections I think should at least make sense to have the mass resurrections too. Things like % for M+ ensure that a certain amount of trash will always need to be cleared, so the main issue with this has been out of the window for a long time now.

The rest of the perks besides maybe the passive Hearthstone CD reduction I don't really notice not having when I'm not in a guild. But the two abilities to mass summon and rez seem like just staple gameplay convenience which have been gone far too long since the fixes to these problems have been introduced and continued to be active. It kind of strikes me as weird they would wait for so long before reintroducing Mass Summon and Mass Rez as it would seem to imply they either didn't want or expect the solutions to fix them to actually stick around (War Mode and M+ %). But anyway, these solutions have stuck around and seem to be staying that way so I think it's well past time these abilities came back. Rest of the perks besides the Hearthstone CD I don't really care about. Could take or leave honestly.

I think they should return but just change them and add new ones.
    I like the idea of getting bonuses as a guild based on combined effort.
    Mass Summon would be nice to get back, would also like to see a return to guild rewards earned from guild achievements.

Well personally no.. IF..and I do mean IF they change it so that it doesn't resort to people having sweatshop guilds like we did in the past then I'm fine. But I personally think those sweatshop guilds killed the game for a LOT of potential new players and that's literally the reason guild perks had to go. Problem is now the only way to bring them back is simply to either make them mostly meaningless fluff or everybody just has everything. Both of which is pretty boring and the second is what we have now.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the perks arrent the way to go, but i do agree on more options and stuff to do within your guild, together and alone. Maybe a guildebase or something. That would be pretty cool tbh. Or maybe some minor competitions, of some sort to measure e-penis, just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post

Mass Summon apparently ended up being restricted because of World PvP issues. And while War Mode is in the game now, I can still kind of understand why they would want it restricted. But I'd like to maybe see a kind of return to it where you trigger a Mass Summon by yourself via Summoning Stones now. Still gives raid and dungeon groups the convenience the Mass Summon was implemented for, while avoiding the PvP issues.

Mass Rez we have only with healers specifically now. It is still a pain when tanks or dps are left standing that they can't do a mass resurrection. Especially those with one-person resurrections I think should at least make sense to have the mass resurrections too. Things like % for M+ ensure that a certain amount of trash will always need to be cleared, so the main issue with this has been out of the window for a long time now.

The rest of the perks besides maybe the passive Hearthstone CD reduction I don't really notice not having when I'm not in a guild. But the two abilities to mass summon and rez seem like just staple gameplay convenience which have been gone far too long since the fixes to these problems have been introduced and continued to be active. It kind of strikes me as weird they would wait for so long before reintroducing Mass Summon and Mass Rez as it would seem to imply they either didn't want or expect the solutions to fix them to actually stick around (War Mode and M+ %). But anyway, these solutions have stuck around and seem to be staying that way so I think it's well past time these abilities came back. Rest of the perks besides the Hearthstone CD I don't really care about. Could take or leave honestly.
    I think the Guild Master or several high-ranking Guild members, or members with sufficient Achievement Points, at least should have access to those perks. That way, not EVERYONE will have it so commonly. But at least they have something for starting and managing a guild in the first place.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Only if they make it so anyone can start a guild without signatures. People just pay for them and then kick the signers, which undercuts the entire notion of needing sigs. The whole system needs an overhaul really.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I think the Guild Master or several high-ranking Guild members, or members with sufficient Achievement Points, at least should have access to those perks. That way, not EVERYONE will have it so commonly. But at least they have something for starting and managing a guild in the first place.
    If it were tied to high rank in the guild I imagine guilds would just promote everyone really highly to make to use of it, or make a lot of arbitrary lower ranks to keep their same relative guild rank structure in tact. I don't think it's wise to mess with the structure of guilds as first of all - their structures are in place for a reason so players can govern themselves, and especially when it comes to tying power to guild ranking in any form. Tying power to guild rank isn't something I think the game should ever do in any form.

There's also another possibility of people creating alt guilds for summon and doing the leave/join spam fiasco to get around this kind of summon/rez stuff even if the ranks were numerically restricted -- which would also hurt especially larger guilds (1000 member ones) that have a lot of raid teams. The larger the guilds the more they need to have access to a number of people to use this rank as someone in each raid group at least needs to be able to use these so that different raid teams don't suddenly have less convenience than others and end up losing progress over other teams based on it. Travel time and rez time can add up, especially over the course of entire tiers and it wouldn't be good if these powers being restricted ended up negatively impacting in these kinds of smaller ways.

It's just overall less of a pain for everyone to have access to these powers. It makes it equal, it makes it fair, there's no headache or crying about who doesn't have what and no drama over people being in the special guild perk power rank and flexing it over certain people or extorting people over it or whatever. I can't even understand why these abilities even need to be restricted so much in the first place. What exactly does this do to the game except create a nice solid win all around for everyone? The worst these abilities do is impact solo players who aren't in guilds who happen to maybe pug with people. Even then I'd probably sooner expect people to temporarily join guilds of people they pug with in order to get summoned around easier if there were a guild restriction on it. The more free-form the mass summon and mass rez are the more even solo players can enjoy it too, and so again there's less of a power and convenience vacuum there. It can already be pretty noticeable for solo players to not have hearthstone CD reduction.

So for so many reasons and more I'm sure I haven't even mulled over, I definitely don't think it should work like that. Everyone should have them, usable on everyone in your groups, no arbitrary number of people can only have this nonsense. I just don't think it would be healthy in the long-run.

I'm actually in the completely opposite boat, I think mass resurrection for everyone breaks immersion and mass summon promotes degenerate gameplay (excessive stealth skipping etc).
    As an officer in the same guild since 2010 I really miss the cash flow perk though, in spite of the spam invitations on new characters. If we don't sell boosts (which we never have and most likely never will), the only way we can pay for cauldrons/feasts and unrestricted raider repairs is to sell most of our BoEs that could otherwise have been upgrades for our members or used to speed up (guild initiated) reroll gearing. I mean, asking people to go out and herb nowadays doesn't really fly.

I think we could use more guild-related achievements and perks in general, and guild reputation being a barrier for constant guild hopping was a nice way of making sure repeated selfishness had it's price, even if it was just through access to minor perks. It surely had some flaws, but overall it was a nice, albeit forced, community promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'm actually in the completely opposite boat, I think mass resurrection for everyone breaks immersion and mass summon promotes degenerate gameplay (excessive stealth skipping etc).
    As an officer in the same guild since 2010 I really miss the cash flow perk though, in spite of the spam invitations on new characters. If we don't sell boosts (which we never have and most likely never will), the only way we can pay for cauldrons/feasts and unrestricted raider repairs is to sell most of our BoEs that could otherwise have been upgrades for our members or used to speed up (guild initiated) reroll gearing. I mean, asking people to go out and herb nowadays doesn't really fly.

I think we could use more guild-related achievements and perks in general, and guild reputation being a barrier for constant guild hopping was a nice way of making sure repeated selfishness had it's price, even if it was just through access to minor perks. It surely had some flaws, but overall it was a nice, albeit forced, community promotion.
    M+ requires %.
    For Raiding, due to the nature of wiping for progression asking people to die over and over again on top of all the other wipes isn't something people feasibly ever did -- because frankly, it drains gold, and frankly it can also take longer than just doing the trash anyway (multiple skips eventually pile up to take longer than the initial trash set, even if the first skip is more efficient). Plus, requires a little bit of coordination which arguably trash requires none of. It's just easier to do trash a lot of the time unless trash is excessively, excessively overtuned. And when you're farming the content and you got the bosses down beat, usually you're so overgeared that the skip strat is even slower.

So I don't think the trash skip excuse holds any water. Sorry.

I don't really have any thoughts on cash flow perk. Can't say I noticed. But then again, I was a guild member who took advantage of all the free flasks/potions/feasts etc. It probably made life a lot better with it around so I'd understand a desire to want it back. My old guild master used to really want this back, too.

And I don't think guild rep being a prerequisite for guild perks like being able to take a summon or rez would be any good. It creates a feeling of people feeling stuck in guilds and not willing to grind out rep in a new one - even if it's quick. People can get stuck in frankly horrible, horrible guilds and if for anything conveniences keeping them in is a very real situation I've had to talk to people about before. These perks being restricted, again, just creates more trouble ultimately.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-02-15 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really miss them.

Mass Ressurection is still in the game in the form of healers.
    Cash Flow was an abused pile of dung.
    Mass Summon was an abused mechanic.

We still have a few of them of course but more is not really needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If it were tied to high rank in the guild I imagine guilds would just promote everyone really highly to make to use of it, or make a lot of arbitrary lower ranks to keep their same relative guild rank structure in tact. I don't think it's wise to mess with the structure of guilds as first of all - their structures are in place for a reason so players can govern themselves, and especially when it comes to tying power to guild ranking in any form. Tying power to guild rank isn't something I think the game should ever do in any form.

There's also another possibility of people creating alt guilds for summon and doing the leave/join spam fiasco to get around this kind of summon/rez stuff even if the ranks were numerically restricted -- which would also hurt especially larger guilds (1000 member ones) that have a lot of raid teams. The larger the guilds the more they need to have access to a number of people to use this rank as someone in each raid group at least needs to be able to use these so that different raid teams don't suddenly have less convenience than others and end up losing progress over other teams based on it. Travel time and rez time can add up, especially over the course of entire tiers and it wouldn't be good if these powers being restricted ended up negatively impacting in these kinds of smaller ways.

It's just overall less of a pain for everyone to have access to these powers. It makes it equal, it makes it fair, there's no headache or crying about who doesn't have what and no drama over people being in the special guild perk power rank and flexing it over certain people or extorting people over it or whatever. I can't even understand why these abilities even need to be restricted so much in the first place. What exactly does this do to the game except create a nice solid win all around for everyone? The worst these abilities do is impact solo players who aren't in guilds who happen to maybe pug with people. Even then I'd probably sooner expect people to temporarily join guilds of people they pug with in order to get summoned around easier if there were a guild restriction on it. The more free-form the mass summon and mass rez are the more even solo players can enjoy it too, and so again there's less of a power and convenience vacuum there. It can already be pretty noticeable for solo players to not have hearthstone CD reduction.

So for so many reasons and more I'm sure I haven't even mulled over, I definitely don't think it should work like that. Everyone should have them, usable on everyone in your groups, no arbitrary number of people can only have this nonsense. I just don't think it would be healthy in the long-run.
    Another reason the Guild Perks should return -- is that some guilds, including the one I joined originally, are largely inactive. The vast majority of guilds created in Cataclysm are NOT functioning currently, or have lost nearly all their members. If the Guild Perk system should return -- or is restructured in a way which encourages active gameplay and cooperation -- it might encourage most guilds to become active again. From another perspective, what is the point at all of having those five remaining perks, if most players barely notice them anyway?

Another reason the Guild Perks should return -- is that some guilds, including the one I joined originally, are largely inactive. The vast majority of guilds created in Cataclysm are NOT functioning currently, or have lost nearly all their members. If the Guild Perk system should return -- or is restructured in a way which encourages active gameplay and cooperation -- it might encourage most guilds to become active again. From another perspective, what is the point at all of having those five remaining perks, if most players barely notice them anyway?
    Kind of doubt it..depends on why they are inactive in the first place. If the majority quit the game for whatever reason or mainly is there to raidlog and doesn't care about the rest of wow's content...guild perks aren't going to bring them back or encourage people who raid log to not raid log. The thing is wow's content is what drives player involvement and guilds are there to help foster that if they need some sort of extra perk to bring people in than those people weren't right for it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Kind of doubt it..depends on why they are inactive in the first place. If the majority quit the game for whatever reason or mainly is there to raidlog and doesn't care about the rest of wow's content...guild perks aren't going to bring them back or encourage people who raid log to not raid log. The thing is wow's content is what drives player involvement and guilds are there to help foster that if they need some sort of extra perk to bring people in than those people weren't right for it in the first place.
    Perhaps they should make a guild center -- for example, other games have examples of pocket dimensions with Player-Owned Houses, or citadels in the sky where their clans congregate to gain experience and level together. In this game, there is no such equivalent. Shouldn't most guilds in real life have some place of their own to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    I think they should return but just change them and add new ones.
    I like the idea of getting bonuses as a guild based on combined effort.
    Mass Summon would be nice to get back, would also like to see a return to guild rewards earned from guild achievements.
    What New Perks would you like to see implemented, in theory?

I fully took advantage of them while they were around, but no, I wouldnt like to see them return. Why? I just think the game has some pretty serious systems bloat as it is, and personally would prefer to see the game return to "simpler" times. I also fully acknowledge that many disagree, and that it wont happen, im just voicing my opinion.

What New Perks would you like to see implemented, in theory?
    Perks == Features for simplicity.

- A new item ownership class - "Guildbound" (Really this is just for cauldrons, but could open up new stuff)

- Reduction to Battle Standard CD by 50-75%, or reset on death.

- Weekly grindable "milestones" based on guild size/achieves/age - that give minor buffs for the week, (5% rep, 5%exp, 5% honor, 10% mount speed outdoors in SL)

- More, modern achievements.

- Guild Hall/Sanctum (thinking Officer+ PvP Halls of Vanilla) - a general gathering place, with all the guild vendors and what not there. Basically a garrison that requires guild effort to develop and build. An example could be an alchemy station or dining facility, where players can place work orders for unlocked recipes.

- Access to relevant data about members without requiring a GRM type addon.

- "Sort Guild Bank"

- More Tabard Designs

- Guild Driven WPvP, Towers in Terrokar or even Tol Barad style, that changes 24-48 hrs. (Inspired by SWTOR, not sure if thats how it actually works, but I recalled zoning in and seeing "XYZ Controls this Sector")

- The ability to explicitly define member privileges, versus the OFFICER ON / OFFICER OFF mode.

- Purging dead guilds from the guild finder (aka, less than 10 people and inactive for more than 365 consecutive days.)

- Allowing Raider.IO type information available on the guild finder, "Guild Achievement Heroic Nathria" or "Guild Achievement: Rivals" or "Guild Keystone Challenges"

- But most importantly, at least for my analytical brain - is an overhaul to the interface, and provide means of better information storage and visibility. I know it was just done (last expac?) but it did not really improve or expand. It made a few things easier to manage for GMs, but over all - the new system seems patchworked together.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2021-03-03 at 02:15 AM.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.