Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

We can bitch all we want, but pvp is still fun

I'll admit. I was bitching myself.

I do both pvp and pve.
    I have arms for pvp (fury pve) and shadow/holy priest for pve.
    My guild consists of mostly pve carebears and only a couple other guys are interested in pvp.
    Since I have a high ilvl healer priest and am one of the guilds top and most active healers, they constantly nag me to go mythic+, but I insist on doing only a single high key each week.

The problem with pve is that it's monotonous as fuck.
    You go raids and every tactic is the same. Everything happens exactly the same. You don't need to improvise, you know exactly what's going to happen.
    Mythic+ is exactly the same.
    I don't understand people who can constantly farm that.
    I was raiding yesterday and my arena partner whispered me "WTF are we doing here? Let's rage quit and go arenas, it's more fun".

Sure, pvp has popular comps where you know what to expect but these people are not robots.
    They won't always do the same thing. They will improvise, adapt, usually do something unpredictable and force you into adapting and improvising.

We can bitch all we want about class balance and covenants, but we'll still keep pvping.

I generally enjoy PVP except the 3 second deaths from balance druids.

I personally do not think so. I am trying to gear up an alt and trying to finish the skirmish weekly. It's been anything but fun being paired with a partner who has 25k HP and running into teams with 38k+ each. They could at least try and balance teams a little I'd think. Every 2v2 skirmish match is over in 3 seconds and you don't even have time to use all of your abilities people die so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

I do both pvp and pve.
    My guild consists of mostly pve carebears and only a couple other guys are interested in pvp.
    Since I have a high ilvl healer priest and am one of the guilds top and most active healers, they constantly nag me to go mythic+, but I insist on doing only a single high key each week.

You go raids and every tactic is the same. Everything happens exactly the same. You don't need to improvise, you know exactly what's going to happen.
    I was raiding yesterday and my arena partner whispered me "WTF are we doing here? Let's rage quit and go arenas, it's more fun".

Sure, pvp has popular comps where you know what to expect but these people are not robots.
    They won't always do the same thing. They will improvise, adapt, usually do something unpredictable and force you into adapting and improvising.

We can bitch all we want about class balance and covenants, but we'll still keep pvping.
    PvE carebears lol. Does this mentality still exist?

Also PvP is not hard even if some people will try to say so. It is scripted based on the classs you play. A person will always try to counter you using the most efficient way and if you know the classes abilities you will know exactly what that is and how to handle it. Exactly like a raid boss.

Players to me are just raid bosses witg less HP and are easier to kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    PvE carebears lol. Does this mentality still exist?

Also PvP is not hard even if some people will try to say so. It is scripted based on the classs you play. A person will always try to counter you using the most efficient way and if you know the classes abilities you will know exactly what that is and how to handle it. Exactly like a raid boss.

I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about.
    Anyway, I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
    I personally do not think so. I am trying to gear up an alt and trying to finish the skirmish weekly. It's been anything but fun being paired with a partner who has 25k HP and running into teams with 38k+ each. They could at least try and balance teams a little I'd think. Every 2v2 skirmish match is over in 3 seconds and you don't even have time to use all of your abilities people die so fast.
    Then go back to scripted content?

And the point of this thread is...?

we bitch because it could be infinitely more fun if blizzard put just a little effort into pvp

Yeah cooldown trade meta oodles of fun..

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of wings, combustion and 1 billion arms war in arena

I do both pvp and pve.

Pvp at high levels is just as monotonous as pve is,its only at the lower lvls where unexpected things can happen,the strategy against different comps is the same,the only variables are if you get a lucky proc and 1 shot someone unexpectedly

also pve encounters arent rly the same,because bosses target people at random,so the outcome of how people deal with stuff ends up being different,even the top guilds see this happen,often an encounter they beat multiple times ends up being wiped because of this other times

3+ Year Old Account
    Highly depends on the class you are playing.

No idea why people are trying to argue against the fact that PvP is inherently less predictable and repetitive than PvE which is scripted...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Pvp at high levels is just as monotonous as pve is,its only at the lower lvls where unexpected things can happen,the strategy against different comps is the same,the only variables are if you get a lucky proc and 1 shot someone unexpectedly

also pve encounters arent rly the same,because bosses target people at random,so the outcome of how people deal with stuff ends up being different,even the top guilds see this happen,often an encounter they beat multiple times ends up being wiped because of this other times
    That is not true. High end pvp is only a handful of people. Meanwhile pve being scripted is true for everyone.

Also, it doesn't matter who the boss targets, if there's tactic, every player will deal with it the same. If you don't, you'll be replaced, or the boss will wipe you.

I shouldn't have to explain this to people.
    Do you even play?

but we'll still keep pvping.
    Speak for yourself. PvP is dogshit, it's all about nuking a target down in 2 seconds, that isn't fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Speak for yourself. PvP is dogshit, it's all about nuking a target down in 2 seconds, that isn't fun.
    Amen to that, pvp is straight booty butthole this xpac.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    PvP has never been fun - as in never.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, haven't bothered with it for a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I generally enjoy PVP except the 3 second deaths from balance druids.
    lol indeed, indeed

I took some break from endgame play logged only on a f2p 20 warrior and it happens to be i was relaxing some iron ore farms in booty bay, it was about time for the guruabashi arena battle so i looked if anyone is around out of curiosity.

I saw a human affliction lock dueling a troll moonkin, first it looked like the warlock got the upper hand, but after a while he was nuked to death by convoke, was hilarious to watch this even there 3. a.m., after nerfs and in a warmode off zone, yet the only little pvp that this sandbox allowed was nuking people with convoke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You're kidding, right?!

basically did rbgs as a mythic raider because they made it mandatory with 226 guaranteed loot and awful drop rates on raid loot
    im just gonna say it if they are going to cap valor at 220, they better cap pvp at the same ilvl as valor
    or atleast make it so its like 2600 or something so pve shitters like me dont feel like its attainable thus have to do it for max raid loot

I agree, I think PvP is actually pretty good right now all things considered.

People bitching about 1 shots are almost certainly 1600 or lower. The only class in the game that can really randomly one shot someone is Ret Paladin, every other class is super telegraphed and can be countered pretty easily. Of course their teammates can stop you from countering them, but that's kind of the point of PvP, working together to land kills on your opponents.

Honestly I did enjoy PvP a month or so ago when people were closer to 210 ilvl and games lasted around 3-4 minutes, now at 226 we're back to lasting around 5-7 minutes which is slightly longer than I like, but it's still infinitely better than last season when everyone started stacking versatility corruptions.