Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    As Frost at least, Grisly Icicle either through power or legendary, Spellweaver's Mojo, and Chaos Invitation will cause your Blizzard to tick absurdly high. That was my winning combo for Twisting Corridors. Was ticking north of 420k and just melted boss floors. Normal floors, Grisly Icicle will carry you to victory.
    I stack Mirror Images and Mad Wizard's Intellect with Ashen Phylacteries. I will try your things too, I'm currious.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I don't know about other DKs, but I think it's the mindfreeze that procs ibf, and then when you do ibf you summon the Drake that does an aoe stun and damage, and then you stack the power that reduces the CD of mind freeze. Basically an endless stunning aoe damage ability. Off the gcd.
    That^^

Plus stack: deatch coil increase damage by 30% (stacks twice) - lots of it. You'll get to 225% dmg and attacks speed for 1 min and bosses will melt with death strike (reinforced by it's buff). It's even better than having 3 horsemans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Pretty sure all combinations are "I Win" combinations.
    Not really. Sure, there are combinations that makes things easier, but they're not "I Win" combinations.

For context, the combo I lined up in the OP makes as if you just cannot die in TC unless you royally screw up like ignoring ranged mobs or keeping your backs to the melee mobs, and bosses simply cannot touch you. Period.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    In any spec for Death Knights, if you take multiple stacks (like 5 or more) of the Anima Power of "Chains of Ice strikes 1 additional target and lasts an additional 3 seconds" and a couple stacks of "Chains of Ice binds enemies' health together, causing them to share 50% of damage taken" then literally nothing stays alive. You can do huge pulls even at the upper levels of TC and everything will melt.
    3x Chains of Ice + lots of +1 additional target anima with the easy to get AoE-DeathCoil / AutoHeal with 100% Lichborn uptime is carrying whole groups in corridors.

1-mio DPS while running around with 400-700k hitpoints + autoheal (300k HPS), thats blood DK with chains of ice.

Its not only stupid for 1 player corridors, it breaks even 5 player balance.

Its not even the end of stupid, you can also get 40% damage AoE reflect and the 10% leech/dot that scales with the player hitpoints and everything multiplied with chains 150% bonus. The mob packs die passive, without any major player ability.

You dont even want any defensive anima at this point or the sindragosa/interrupt stun, because it would just slow you down.
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-02-14 at 01:46 AM.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    For affliction warlock my go-tos rotate around increased demon damage, the talent that has a chance to refund all 5 shards with each MR cast, darkglare summoning an extra demon, and whatever misc. secondary increasing talents. With those cores it's pretty snoozy.

For demo, similarly, the power that makes Hand of Gul'dan cost health not shards, demon damage increased, dreadstalkers chance to refund shards, and secondary increases. With HoG costing health, plus demon armor and any health/recovery enhancing items you can basically spam it and have 20 to 30 imps out at a time without much personal cost. It's lovely.

I haven't even tried destruction yet. I can't decide which I like more for the above two though.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2021-02-14 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Oh really. I wonder what best combinations are for mage to solo all layers in this case, and if you have more gear does it actually count or it’s scaled to your item level?
    Arcane spec with:
    Seeker's Scroll
    Runecloth Wrappings
    Mad Wizard's Intellect
    You cast Presence of mind, AP and invisibility before the pull and you get 2 arcane blasts with 2000% dmg. But you dont even need the Seeker's scrolls, just getting Runecloth Wrappings and Mad Wizards intellect will be enough for Arcane.

do you want "i win" or "i lose"... pretty sure people would complain if there was more "i lose" #GamEIZUnPLaYABLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    3x Chains of Ice + lots of +1 additional target anima with the easy to get AoE-DeathCoil / AutoHeal with 100% Lichborn uptime is carrying whole groups in corridors.

1-mio DPS while running around with 400-700k hitpoints + autoheal (300k HPS), thats blood DK with chains of ice.

Its not only stupid for 1 player corridors, it breaks even 5 player balance.

Its not even the end of stupid, you can also get 40% damage AoE reflect and the 10% leech/dot that scales with the player hitpoints and everything multiplied with chains 150% bonus. The mob packs die passive, without any major player ability.

You dont even want any defensive anima at this point or the sindragosa/interrupt stun, because it would just slow you down.
    The only problem is getting 3 of the Chains of Anguish anima power. Getting one is rare enough, imagine 3 of them...
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-02-14 at 03:30 AM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Arcane spec with:
    Seeker's Scroll
    Runecloth Wrappings
    Mad Wizard's Intellect
    You cast Presence of mind, AP and invisibility before the pull and you get 2 arcane blasts with 2000% dmg. But you dont even need the Seeker's scrolls, just getting Runecloth Wrappings and Mad Wizards intellect will be enough for Arcane.
    So the invisibility thing works only on Arcane it seems. I did try it on frost and it failed very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    For shaman.. It's basically 2x Deep Earth which gives you permanent greater earth elemental (1 min cd on a summon that last 1 min). Then just stack lots of health if you are in TC.
    This works until you get Maw of the Maw as the final boss of TC and then you hate yourself.

Frost mage:

Blink with no cool down (white, needs to be stacked) + Blink creates a mirror image (blue) + mirror images deal damage (epic).

+5% intellect per floor (blue), if you get it on lower floor + 30% more into, but can't jump (blue) + using a spell school increases the other two schools damage by 30% (epic, stackable)

Frost nova never breaks (epic) + reduced cooldown for frost nova (white, stackable) + bonus arcane damage on crit (green, stackable)

Reduce cooldowns by 1s while alter time is active (blue stackable) + longer duration of alter time (white, stackable) + fireblast boops (green) - short cooldown, will interrupt almost everything, also nice for other cooldowns.

Triple shield (epic) + more absorb (white, stackable) + more hp (white, stackable - also maw rats) - makes remaining shield visually track able and having 450k absorb is amazing.

Noteable:

Healing to full when dropping below 20% (white), will actually work if you take damage overkill. Death counter still counts it tho.

more choices (epic), if you get it early is op.

Higher phantasma gain allows for buying more stuff.

Buying a red orb and knowing what to throw it at will make a run significantly easier. Goes from more phantasma to outright ignoring huge amounts of damage.

If you only have bad talents in an orb, choose the one that's unique and can't come up again later. If it doesn't come up again, it won't block good choices. Same goes for buying unique talents from the trader with excess phantasma.

I got all of that together on floor and did like 100k+ dps, single target, on floor 17(8) without any dps cooldowns. The mirror images are more useful in normal mode, they get nuked too fast by ae in corridors, still nice to have. The "lens of elchavar" (or whatever it's called), which deals arcane damage on direct critical hits, is effectively almost doubling ice lance damage. The puzzle for bonus intellect and other stuff gave me around 7-8k int; the "use fireblast or any arcane cast to get +30% on frost damage" can be chosen multiple times and from what I saw it stacks with itself, making it 60% damage increase when using all spell schools.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2021-02-14 at 10:33 AM.

Havoc DH:
    - Eye beam CD reduced by 100%
    - You are immune to all damage when channeling eye beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I thought Blizzard removed that anima power early on. I mean, I've seen that one the first time I did Torghast, but then I NEVER saw it again, on any of my alts.
    It definitely still exists; I've used it to literally one shot bosses in TC with my holy priest.

I love https://www.wowdb.com/spells/329429-scales-of-trauma on my priest. It can stack twice, meaning Holy Fire damage stored up to 400% of your max HP. There are plenty of traps and things to stack it up on all over Torghast so even if you use it to clear floor bosses, go stand in a couple things and let it restack while you just heal yourself back up. Combining that with multiple stacks of https://www.wowdb.com/spells/320895-thick-burlap-sash and https://www.wowdb.com/spells/303846-obleron-endurance and it's absolutely hilarious. I've gotten my priest up to over 300k health, stacked a Holy Fire up to over 1.2 million for a single cast, and then stacked up https://www.wowdb.com/spells/320893-cruelty-censer to 4 stacks as well. Walk up, use Chastise (talented to make it a stun) and Holy Fire a single time, instantly drop the boss.

And getting Frostbite Wand is just a guaranteed easy clear for Holy Priest as well, because if you use the https://www.wowdb.com/spells/320893-cruelty-censer I mentioned before and get it stacked just 3 times it makes your damage against stunned targets 105% stronger; Chastise applies the stun before the damage so you walk up to a boss and use Chastise one time, Frostbite Wand hits them after the stun is applied for 102.5% of their max HP instantly. I walked into TC with that combo without even thinking about it and it took me a few minutes the first time it happened to figure out how I literally one shot the last boss by just using Chastise on it.

Another fun combination is 2 stacking https://www.wowdb.com/spells/329588-...s-of-obscurity for 10 second duration, 10 second cooldown Fade with 140% movement speed the entire time and combining it with https://www.wowdb.com/spells/329241-volatile-phantasm where your Fade leaves a clone behind that everything attacks and they just explode when they reach 10 second duration or die. This was the key to priests being able to clear higher layers early in the expansion with very low item levels (and was even better before the hotfixes to it because the 140% movement speed buff also doubled up to 180% originally).

Similar to the Holy Fire gimmick, https://www.wowdb.com/spells/320886-catharstick combined with https://www.wowdb.com/spells/320882-red-hot-mindpokers can do the exact same thing, and I tend to try and do the two in unison and then get all the minor health stacking powers I listed above possible. Having a 1.2 mil Holy Fire and a 600k SW: Pain that is guaranteed to crit for 1.2 mil on cast stacked together, on top of over 100% bonus damage for stunning with Chastise first has been just a complete breeze to clear through some bosses. Drop the stun, Holy Fire into Pain and boom, if you're lucky and the Holy Fire crits too you're doing 6-7 million damage in about 2 seconds flat.

Most of the DK ones I use are already listed here, but people seem to struggle with doing them on casters sometimes so hopefully this can help someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The only problem is getting 3 of the Chains of Anguish anima power. Getting one is rare enough, imagine 3 of them...
    If you really want to start with at least 1, you can just reset torgast till its in the first anima. Getting 2 till 12/18 is not really rare but its not like you need it, since the multiplier for each target is a green anima, the problem gets at some point that you chain in one global multiple rare packs without intending to.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    For shaman.. It's basically 2x Deep Earth which gives you permanent greater earth elemental (1 min cd on a summon that last 1 min). Then just stack lots of health if you are in TC.
    Gain Heroism when you use a totem
    Gain Ascendance when you have Heroism
    Buff Heroism as much as you can

As a destro warlock i never found a wombo combo that made it faceroll especially on layer 8. there always was stuff you could die on, esp the end boss.

But soulplatter, daskwhisper signet, glutton nose and the one that refunds shards make for a very strong setup, as nose and shard refund basicly mean you can buy every power you see on the vendor. i've had runs where i ended with 10k+ phantasma. If you get intimacy with this for your pet its as close as you can get to a wombo combo, but its rare and mistakes can still wipe you even then.
    Last edited by chronia; 2021-02-14 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Gain Heroism when you use a totem
    Gain Ascendance when you have Heroism
    Buff Heroism as much as you can
    I'm not sure of the Chain Lightning buffs count in Ascendance. Because the spell name changes

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    For a fire mage, it's anything that adds a mirror image, mirror image gets more powers, frost/fire/arcane shields at once, the puzzle at the beginning of the level, gaining power with each ashen phylactery you break, plus anything that buffs the shields or heals me. Fire Juggler is probably, the biggest though. It just seems so OP.

I stopped picking Runecloth wrappings (damage while invisible) after the nerf. I picked it once after the nerf, and it just seemed useless.

All levels/floors of Torghast/Twisting Corridors is easy breezy with all of this. I never die, I rarely even go below 75% health. Everything dies so fast. My Torghast experience never seems to change with item level, because all the power is in the anima powers. I'm 195 ilvl now.
    This is pretty much my experience with my Fire Mage as well. The mirror images build is a must have and also very fun to play with (but sometimes the images act so dumb, focusing on rats instead of elites, wich is a bit infuriating - clean the small mobs first if possible).

I also like to take every buff to the shields I can get, even at lower levels to make it easier by the end. I only pick the small stats buffs in Twisting Corridors because in regular wings, I don't really have enough time to get it going, focusing more on big powers when I can.

I gave up on the invisiblity buff because it became quite useless with the nerfs and the CD makes it impossible to use frequently. I also stopped using the polymorph powers. It was interesting on low level wings but the scaling in higher levels makes them useless, especially on elites.

Overall, I often end up with the same build (and I like it a lot), but I hope they start adding new powers in future patches, playing with other spells like dragon's breath or flamestrike, for variety sake.

yeah, as a fire mage, there isn't a whole lot of "fun" abilities that change up your playstyle. You just try to make your stuff hit harder and try to survive. When playing my elemental shaman or boomkin in torghast it just feels way more fun.

It really is weird, you have no powers that interact with your main damage source (pyroblast) or ignite. You can buff your shields, your polymorph, your alter time, but there is barely anything that makes your fire abilities fun.
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2021-02-14 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    So the invisibility thing works only on Arcane it seems. I did try it on frost and it failed very badly.
    Its because the invisibility ends when you start to cast and when the spell actually hits the opponent you are already visible at that point. It works on arcane because arcane blast doesn't have travel time and with presence of mind its instant cast.