Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crixes1 View Post
    You mean pvp? 90% of the population isnt pvping. Pvp is a better source for gearing along with the catch up system for gearing then dungeons and raiding rn. This system would have worked fine before M+ was created tbh. But when have other sources giving you more gear and ilvl, it defeats the purpose of gearing through raiding. You are basically just clearing bosses in raid for merit at this point.
    I suspect he was talking about casuals.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Only took me till last week to replace my 200 leggings since opening of Raid and M+... fun system it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally.

Weapon tokens, specifically, just never fucking dropped. We've seen about 10 weapon tokens for a 30-player raid, total.

That's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Just curious - what expansion had loot you could acquire outside of raiding or dungeons? Or are you asking for something entirely new? How would you imagine it working?
    Not to say it's a loot system I personally prefer over the Shadowlands model, but BFA had good loot available from warfronts and horrific visions.

I guess if what you're used to is being able to obtain mythic ilvl loot from a solo scenario on a weekly basis, anything else will seem tame in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Blizzard need to ask themselves how many times a player should clear a raid before becoming fully geared.

Because honestly, I'm bored with raids after my 5th clear on heroic.

Finally I might see an upgrade every 2 weeks instead.

still 1 per 5 for a weekly lockout compared to 2 per 5 in a spammable lockout *shrugs*

Good on Blizzard for seeing that drops were seriously lacking. And shame on anyone who mindlessly defended it.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This now puts the drop rate of raid loot in line with failed Mythic keystones (20%).
    Well that's a silly equivalency. If we're comparing apples to oranges you may as well do it correctly.

From an entire 10 man raid you'd get 20 pieces of gear or, essentially, two per person. You'd need to do 10 failed keys to get the same two loots per person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    still 1 per 5 for a weekly lockout compared to 2 per 5 in a spammable lockout *shrugs*
    An entire 40 minute dungeon vs one 4 minute boss fight.
    Last edited by xero5141; 2021-02-13 at 02:01 AM.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They keep crying until they get their mythic raid loot for world quests back. Shouldn't have given in. Raid loot was completely fine.
    loot drops have been worse than it was before titanforging was added. literally wod and prior had more raid loot drops. while i am a person who wants loot to be rarer than it was in legion and bfa, systemlands went WAY too far the other direction. people were going dozens of kills with one or no loot drops.

Completely unnecessary.

-guy who doesn't raid

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What do you need 226 gear for? Farming ICC or SoO 0.1% faster?
    It doesn't matter what other people want it for. People having 226 gear has zero effect on your game and its gameplay. If anything it makes things better since you know people will have higher level gear, giving more people in a queue for activities and such.

As a raider I have to quote Asmongold: "Who asked for this?"

I can't understand why anyone would ask for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    As a raider I have to quote Asmongold: "Who asked for this?"

I can't understand why anyone would ask for this.
    Apparently every raider asked for this based on responses here.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Raid Loot Droprates Tuning - February 16

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Fucking finally.

Weapon tokens, specifically, just never fucking dropped. We've seen about 10 weapon tokens for a 30-player raid, total.

That's insane!
    ^^^^^^^^^^

The increase to anima power dropped from raid bosses made me feel a little less like a schmuck for playing the game, but weapons remained a problem.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Oh...

OH! OHHHH! SHADOWLANDS! AHHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! SO MUCH BETTER THAN BFA, WoD, AND LEGION! OH YEAH! DEVS FIXING THE PROBLEM ON THE MARK! YES BLIZZARD! OHHH! THAT IS SOME WORLD OF WARCRAFT RIGHT THERE! THAT IS SOME WOW! THAT'S WOW RIGHT THERE!!!! OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, oh my. Bro, outside of the Maw and Torghast (at times), Shadowlands has been so fucking good bro. Alt friendly, Legendaries feel rewarding, the story isn't actually total dogshit, Covenants are actually GOOD (WHAT?!), WF and TF are GONE, RENOWN IS EASY TO GET (WHAT THE FUCK?!), GEAR MATTERS, ANIMA ISN'T ACTUALLY ASS TO GET (YO?!?!), No AP grind, PVP is fun again, and PVE is now much better VIA Valor and the RAISE OF GEAR DROPRATES! OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!

The zones and music too bruh! WoW's always been amazing with it (Especially Ulduar, Antorus, WoD's art/music, etc), BUT SHADOWLANDS...YOOOO!!!

THE INBETWEEN! ARDENWEALD! AYO!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is already one of Blizzard's best expansions, and we haven't even seen 9.1 yet. Please Blizzard! KEEP DOING THIS! THIS IS WHAT I'VE WANTED FROM YOU! A GOOD FUCKING GAME!

Gotta say they've been relatively solid with response to feedback this expansion. Seems like a majority of issues are being addressed albeit in the timely blizzard manner we all know and love (deal with).

Definitely a solid and welcome change. It definitely makes a difference with the larger raids. We run 30 in our heroic group

I mean, little late, but whatever. At this point I'll take any bone they're willing to throw.

Not going to re sub because of this. There is so much heinous shit in Shadowlands, and so little worthwhile content that it will take a massive amount of fixes and patches before it's playable imo.

Now I could clear 30 bosses and get 1 item, instead of clearing 30 bosses and getting no item.

At the end of the day, killing bosses is the fun part of the raid.
    Getting loot is the fun part of the kill.

Not getting the 2nd (loot), potentially impacts the first (kills).

The core question is are people there for kills or for loot?
    Most, are their for loot to get kills, to get loot. The core 'want' being the loot.

Once you have the loot, not getting loot is fine since you are still clearing the raid, other people need loot and every boss is progress if not to you, to your team.
    Once its on 'farm', sure, everything is a chore. But you are no longer the core demographic for QOL changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They keep crying until they get their mythic raid loot for world quests back. Shouldn't have given in. Raid loot was completely fine.
    But nobody is asking for more ilvl or mythic raid loot from WQ?