Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Nice, blizzard really do love the endless grind meta they are going with now huh

  2. #102
    It's crazy that, out of Diablo 3 and WoW: Shadowlands, D3 is the one with the more reasonable gear grind and better loot system.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And guess what, we can see what they show their investors, and they show them MAU, not "time played" cause time played means little, yeah they may record it, im sure they also record subscribers, but those dont matter, so they dont share them.
    Interesting to see folks peel the layers and try to write a narrative based on how they feel about the game.
    But I'm just here to call Felplague a shill too =)

  4. #104
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,869
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Interesting to see folks peel the layers and try to write a narrative based on how they feel about the game.
    But I'm just here to call Felplague a shill too =)
    Darnit i have been defeated.
    but nah most of this is just "Blizzard trying to shit on players and boost MAU"
    Maybe you should make a video on how these valor upgrades are different from mops upgrades?
    im too busy working on addon vid and a microtransactions video to spend time talking about equality versus equity.

  5. #105
    Without fail, the Blizzard shills come out of their holes to defend this garbage decision. Everyone else hates this trash and Blizzard is just trying to keep the poor saps they've convinced to keep playing by forcing them to regrind shitty content. This expansion is a fucking disaster.

  6. #106
    That DLC comic hits very close to home, happened to me countless times...

    That is IMO the biggest failing of WoW: in outdoors content, players are nothing more than a hindrance, even same-faction ones (I can see the logic for other-faction players, but there faction imbalance comes into play.), if the idea is to usher people into group content, starting off with "Other people are only competition for limited resources and/or mobs" is a pretty poor starting point.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They have done this exact same thing for 4 years now.
    Why would they suddenly change it, to only then release a DIFFERENT mount in a couple months?
    If people wanted to wait till blizzcon to see if the 6 month sub is worth it they can, you do know the 6 month promo for the mount is not over till AFTER blizzcon right?
    they do the promo every 6 months, and this one is the same time every year cause this one is limited to the holiday.
    Im glad someone is hitting these ppl with actual facts No sarcasm. Im getting tired of these other posters reaching so hard to villainize blizzard for sneezing then saying blizzard is dum in all caps while having an active sub. Glad there are actual intelligent ppl out there ty Felplague

    ~~SamJ

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Without fail, the Blizzard shills come out of their holes to defend this garbage decision. Everyone else hates this trash and Blizzard is just trying to keep the poor saps they've convinced to keep playing by forcing them to regrind shitty content. This expansion is a fucking disaster.
    This post here honestly sounds like you're trying awfully hard to be angry about something~anything involving blizzard.

  8. #108
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That DLC comic hits very close to home, happened to me countless times...

    That is IMO the biggest failing of WoW: in outdoors content, players are nothing more than a hindrance, even same-faction ones (I can see the logic for other-faction players, but there faction imbalance comes into play.), if the idea is to usher people into group content, starting off with "Other people are only competition for limited resources and/or mobs" is a pretty poor starting point.
    There are probably "technical" reasons why they could have done away with fractions in shadowlands zones. We aren't at war anymore why do horde and alliance compete?

    I want to know why I keep encountering mobs tagged by the faction that I can no longer hit and get credit for all the time. Maybe they are in a group and I am not? Not sure that is what is suppose to happen.

    Not sure it matters, blizzard cares, or it would happen but when Ion says, "we also want to avoid the feeling that you should go through months of item history and stuff your bags and your bank in preparation for this." Maybe we should all just unsub then until 9.0.5 and wait on gear we can upgrade for drops instead of "wasting time now".
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2021-02-14 at 08:27 AM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    What a fucking joke this valor system is. I'm not re-farming my entire set of gear after the patch goes live
    You don't have to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Hey, you know how most people hate farming the Maw and want to have it over with as quick as possible?. Well too bad, you have to spend just as much time in season 2 to get those gem sockets that are required for max raiding...

    I have a crazy idea for Blizzard; MAKE THE MAW MORE FUN OR MAKE IT IRRELEVENT, YOU DUMBASSES
    They are not required to defeat mythic bosses. No one would want to hear your ideas with this level of maturity by the way. All caps and referring to folks as "dumbasses" in a shouting competition is a fast way to not be respected or listened to in the future fyi.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yes, I have KSM. And my Ilvl is 216. I've got 207 boots, gloves, ring, neck
    you didnt read what they asked correctly. They asked "you dont have a single item over 220?" Moreso that you referrred to your 207 items.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Or in english: We make more money if people need to regrind all items. They are a business so I dont blame them but slightly annoying about such obvious bullshit when having millions of fans.
    Why would anyone need to regrind anything for the current content?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Im glad someone is hitting these ppl with actual facts No sarcasm. Im getting tired of these other posters reaching so hard to villainize blizzard for sneezing then saying blizzard is dum in all caps while having an active sub. Glad there are actual intelligent ppl out there ty Felplague

    ~~SamJ

    - - - Updated - - -



    This post here honestly sounds like you're trying awfully hard to be angry about something~anything involving blizzard.
    You literally agreed with the biggest shill on this site. I can't really take what you're saying seriously. I don't need to try to be angry at Blizzard. They make it INCREDIBLY easy with every single decision made this expansion.

  11. #111
    It's a start. But when you can only upgrade new gear, that means many more weeks of farming that one slot you're missing...
    Might still take 30 runs of other side until you got the trinket you want.

  12. #112
    Surprise. Blizzard gives what people want. People complain. And so goes the circle round and round for 15 years.

  13. #113
    Am I getting something wrong or is stygis being deleted too?

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Why would anyone need to regrind anything for the current content?
    Simple example.

    Imagine a tank who is decked out in 210+ gear but has no luck when it comes to trinkets. He still carries around m0 level Hakkar scale because his luck sucks that hard. The Valor system is introduced and he gets his hopes up but then blizz drops the "new gear only" rule and poor tank is back to being bummed out.
    He already has the trinket and if he'd regrind the same trinket it wouldn't be different from the one he already has.

    So why the arbitrary limitation? It's that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The problem is, if they allow you to retroactivly upgrade gear, then people who hoarded gear are rewarded, while people who got rid of shit items cause they were shit, are punished.
    That's not a problem. That's good decision making.
    Current iteration of VP upgrade rewards impulsive decisions.
    Retroactive gear upgrade rewards future planning and foresight.

    Why should foresight be punished?
    Why should impulsiveness be rewarded?
    Last edited by Dzonathan; 2021-02-14 at 10:34 AM.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The problem is, if they allow you to retroactivly upgrade gear, then people who hoarded gear are rewarded, while people who got rid of shit items cause they were shit, are punished.
    Will prob only be able to upgrade one item a week so what would it matter?
    Say you have 20 items that are good saved up then, whats the point of having those 20 when he can only upgrade same amount per week as the dude that has 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Without fail, the Blizzard shills come out of their holes to defend this garbage decision. Everyone else hates this trash and Blizzard is just trying to keep the poor saps they've convinced to keep playing by forcing them to regrind shitty content. This expansion is a fucking disaster.
    Yes, because it's a giant conspiracy against its players and if they really cared they'd just add every single piece of gear in the game to a vendor and make upgrading retroactive. There are zero downsides to this because, well, it's what players want and when have players ever been wrong about the game?!?!?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, because it's a giant conspiracy against its players and if they really cared they'd just add every single piece of gear in the game to a vendor and make upgrading retroactive. There are zero downsides to this because, well, it's what players want and when have players ever been wrong about the game?!?!?
    Loot drops in pve have been utterly abysmal this expansion. They say valor points are coming but now they ONLY count towards loot dropped in 9.0.5 and ONLY affect m+ gear. Furthermore, we're going to have grind in the Maw AGAIN, the worst zone they have ever introduced into the game. How anyone can possibly defend these actions is beyond me. Every decision about this expansion has been complete fucking trash.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Surprise. Blizzard gives what people want. People complain. And so goes the circle round and round for 15 years.
    They're not giving people what they want. They're saying they are but then forcing people to re-grind content to keep people subbed because without it, they're bleeding players.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They're not giving people what they want. They're saying they are but then forcing people to re-grind content to keep people subbed because without it, they're bleeding players.
    In short, blizzard lose players by giving what they want... seems like they shouldn't give what players want then. At least if we go by what you say. I think it's absolutely bonkers though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    It's crazy that, out of Diablo 3 and WoW: Shadowlands, D3 is the one with the more reasonable gear grind and better loot system.
    So basically give back titanforging, regrinding same pieces hoping for the procs.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    In short, blizzard lose players by giving what they want... seems like they shouldn't give what players want then. At least if we go by what you say. I think it's absolutely bonkers though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So basically give back titanforging, regrinding same pieces hoping for the procs.
    Except they're NOT giving players what they want. They're only rewarding m+ players and making everyone else regrind The Maw. In what world is that giving players what they want?

  20. #120
    I have never seen WoW community this upset for blizzard giving BETTER LOOT!

    I have no idea why people who are doing fine today have to "re grind" stuff to get these valor items? Why do you *have* to do anything? I wouldn't even get this upset if all my characters were deleted!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •