Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Shandris & Tyrande question [SPOILER ALERT]

Ok so I've been doing the Night Fae campaign and something that Shandris said after the Torghast scenario involving Tyrande stirred my curiosity. She called Tyrande her mother when she said "I will not give up on my mother". Is this a legit biological mother reference or is this a philosophical reference to her being the leader of the Night Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ok so I've been doing the Night Fae campaign and something that Shandris said after the Torghast scenario involving Tyrande stirred my curiosity. She called Tyrande her mother when she said "I will not give up on my mother". Is this a legit biological mother reference or is this a philosophical reference to her being the leader of the Night Elves?
    Shandris is Tyrande's adopted daughter.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

She was adopted by Tyrande after or during the WOTA.

Shandris was orphaned during War Of The Ancients, and Tyrande adopted her, as she was High Priestess of Elune and leader of Priesthood of Elune at the moment, who cared for all in need.

thus, Malfurion became her adoptive father as well. she mentions it several times, mostly in books and short stories
    Malf and Tyrande have no other child, nor born, nor adoptive, beyond her

Shocked we never got any of the creepy Step-X memes about these three. I think it would have cleared up this discussion along time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    This relationship between those 2 has been established many, many times over. Definitely not a spoiler.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 04:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This relationship between those 2 has been established many, many times over. Definitely not a spoiler.
    I had never heard of it in-game until I was doing the Night Fae campaign which is why I posted the question. Also the spoiler alert was because I didn't want to ruin it for anyone who has not done the Night Fae campaign who like myself had not heard them reference each other in the way. Because I did not know what the answer was or the background was between the two, I didn't want to just name the two in the thread title and possible "new" information was posted in the replies telling us players something "new"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was similarly perplexed when I first heard about it in the beta. I wasn't aware Shandris was adopted by Tyrande as it only turns up in the books and hasn't been mentioned in the game until this expansion and for some reason she really wants us to be aware that she considers Tyrande her mother this expansion. Like really eager.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I had never heard of it in-game until I was doing the Night Fae campaign which is why I posted the question. Also the spoiler alert was because I didn't want to ruin it for anyone who has not done the Night Fae campaign who like myself had not heard them reference each other in the way. Because I did not know what the answer was or the background was between the two, I didn't want to just name the two in the thread title and possible "new" information was posted in the replies telling us players something "new"
    I was perplexed by it too. Thought it was a mentor-mentee type relationship reference to mother. Good to know now.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Honestly yeah, it really hasn't been really addressed in game as it has in the books. Not new info, but not something that would be picked up by just questing to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly yeah, it really hasn't been really addressed in game as it has in the books. Not new info, but not something that would be picked up by just questing to be honest.
    Oh trust me I know lol. I started playing in 2005 as a NE druid before I went Horde. I've played both factions over the years. I never heard about in in game and since I haven't read any of the books, I was completely confused.

Tyrande is Shandris sugar mommy

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Shandris was orphaned during War Of The Ancients, and Tyrande adopted her, as she was High Priestess of Elune and leader of Priesthood of Elune at the moment, who cared for all in need.

thus, Malfurion became her adoptive father as well. she mentions it several times, mostly in books and short stories
    Malf and Tyrande have no other child, nor born, nor adoptive, beyond her
    10k years and Malfurion and Tyrande didn't have sex or even think about giving Shandris a sibling?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oh trust me I know lol. I started playing in 2005 as a NE druid before I went Horde. I've played both factions over the years. I never heard about in in game and since I haven't read any of the books, I was completely confused.
    Pretty sure the only place it's ever been explicitly explored was the War of the Ancients trilogy by Knaak and as a footnote in the the old UVG reference where it mentions her relations in brief.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Was there not some mention of that during the questing in Nazjatar ? When you take a walk with Shandris near the eastern border of the area ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Was there not some mention of that during the questing in Nazjatar ? When you take a walk with Shandris near the eastern border of the area ?
    Nope, admittedly I double checked to see if I had been thick and just glossed over something when doing that quest line but her only mention of relationships and Tyrande is that she couldn't find her friend after her family was slain and before Tyrande evacuated her. Nothing about being adopted. Even went back to her Warcraft 3 introduction to see if it was something that had been missed from there but she addresses Tyrande as Priestess in their interactions.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    10k years and Malfurion and Tyrande didn't have sex or even think about giving Shandris a sibling?
    tbh, I think Malf went back to sleep soon after WotA, and was sleeping till WC3, or like this it was mentioned in-game (jokes, etc)
    later, when Worgen were introduced, it was mentioned, that during Satyr Wars malf was awakened, but during war of shifting sands (qiraji invasion), he was asleep again

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Tyrande is her adobted mother, I'm curious as to how you don't know that as it's so common knowledge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure one of them is infertile

Tyrande once told him "Shandris is my daughter. Perhaps the only one i'll have" in the Seeds of Faith short story
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they never really got 10k years together since a lot of that time 1 of them woulda been in emerald dream.
    Plus there probably the whole fertility problem elves typically have it fantasy settings.