Easiest melee spec in RBG (that actually gets invited)

Currently playing windwalker and altough i like it i often struggle to make a difference in RBG's

I feel very squishy and altough my burst potential is great i feel like it doesnt really often hit its mark to actually kill people.

So doubt strikes and im thinking i need to play an "easier" class to perform better. By all means is windwalker not that hard to play, but an havoc demon hunter for example i find easier to play.

Now i know that windwalker monk is currently very good in 2 vs 2, but i dont like arena (never have)

So the question here is: which melee dps ( who actually could get invited to RBG) requires the least skill to play good?

(Sub)Rogue is really strong but you need to perform very good and you'll absolutly do special jobs, not just dps.

If you just wanna see big numbers and an easy playstyle, stay windwalker. You can push past 2.6k with every meleespecc. (Maybe not UH but frost is strong)

retri or demon hunter, since both just press 3-4 buttons withouth any rotation needed. Which also makes it one of the most boring and mindnumbing specss out there. Therefore people seeing paladins with glad title earned in shadowlands s1 is like bragging stealing cookies from babies.

Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    retri or demon hunter, since both just press 3-4 buttons withouth any rotation needed. Which also makes it one of the most boring and mindnumbing specss out there. Therefore people seeing paladins with glad title earned in shadowlands s1 is like bragging stealing cookies from babies.
    Demon Hunters are rare in rbgs. Warriors and Rogues are the primary dominators when it comes to rbg invites.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Demon Hunters are rare in rbgs. Warriors and Rogues are the primary dominators when it comes to rbg invites.
    Think DH just gets a token invite to be FC when needed?

I imagine for "brainless dps" -- aka no special jobs, you would want to be Warrior/Ret/WW
    Sub rogue has to ninja nodes and make special plays. Not to mention you usually have to defend nodes (and know when other nodes are ghosted so you can ninja them)

warrior needs to target call and have the best defensive ability in the game but you need to speak up to TC.
    dh gets to sit bases / run flags (takes no skill but your success is determined by things that arent you that can feel bad) (remember to not sit on the flag or you will get sap capped
    rogues need to actually be amazing
    DKs just need to grip a healer and then drop a big freeze. Ez to do but they only have like 1 decent defensive CD
    Rets just attack thatever the TC says. They have good utility and are harder to kill than DKs
    See an enhance shaman every once in a while. They can do big damage but are kinda soft. Very scare if you are a FC and they have all their CDS
    Never seen feral.
    Guardian is same as DH but will probably require that you have a boomkin set you can switch to when they dont need a guardian
    monks just do damage but are super soft

id say ret is the easiest yet safest

10+ Year Old Account
    So much old anti-Ret prejudice from before Cata times. Decades of mindless and stupid hatred.... Hard to believe I still have to read this load of bullshit in 2021 when it's virtually a totally different spec from TBC / Vanilla times.

We are remotely no longer a 3-button spec. Our number of attacks alone, including all available PVE talents, PvP talents and Covenant abilities, surpass these of nearly half other specs, not to mention stun / interrupt / slow / cc / cleanse keys everyone has and on top 4 auras and several hands as well as 3 defensive abilities and LoH. And what about stuff like sense undead, turn evil? So many secondary and tertiary keys very few classes even possess.

My Ret has double the keys I use than, say, my Rogue alt, and like triple amount of those my newer DH got.

About Paladins getting Glads this season - its not cause Ret suddenly became easier to play. It's because some PvPers FOTM rerolled to Rets in order to abuse Kyrian Divine Toll + Ringing Clarity OP covenant combo which 1shots people. I don't want to have anything in common with those abusers, so I'm not even a Kyrian.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2021-02-15 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Think DH just gets a token invite to be FC when needed?

I imagine for "brainless dps" -- aka no special jobs, you would want to be Warrior/Ret/WW
    Sub rogue has to ninja nodes and make special plays. Not to mention you usually have to defend nodes (and know when other nodes are ghosted so you can ninja them)
    DH Tank isn't that good anymore in RBG, Paladin Tank is significantly better even post nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    So much old anti-Ret prejudice from before Cata times. Decades of mindless and stupid hatred.... Hard to believe I still have to read this load of bullshit in 2021 when it's virtually a totally different spec from TBC / Vanilla times.

We are remotely no longer a 3-button spec. Our number of attacks alone, including all available PVE talents, PvP talents and Covenant abilities, surpass these of nearly half other specs, not to mention stun / interrupt / slow / cc / cleanse keys everyone has and on top 4 auras and several hands as well as 3 defensive abilities and LoH. And what about stuff like sense undead, turn evil? So many secondary and tertiary keys very few classes even possess.

My Ret has double the keys I use than, say, my Rogue alt, and like triple amount of those my newer DH got.

About Paladins getting Glads this season - its not cause Ret suddenly became easier to play. It's because some PvPers FOTM rerolled to Rets in order to abuse Kyrian Divine Toll + Ringing Clarity OP covenant combo which 1shots people. I don't want to have anything in common with those abusers, so I'm not even a Kyrian.
    While Ret Paladins do have a larger number of abilities AND utility especially compared to pure DPS classes, when almost all of your damage comes from a single button it's hard to argue that you aren't a "LOLBRAINDEDSPEC". At least it's better then Vengeance DH atm, the entirety of their rotation consists of a 30 second CD ability, 20 second CD ability, 4 minute CD ability, and then 1 ability that you press virtually every second.

Then again, it seems that most damage specs have at least half of their damage coming from a single ability these days.

- - - Updated - - -

DH Tank isn't that good anymore in RBG, Paladin Tank is significantly better even post nerfs.
    Erm...

DH and Guardian tanks are both still the absolute tankiest tank. DHs even have their solid Cheat Death meaning you have to kill them twice. Paladin's are solid for holding a point, but aren't nearly as good as DH/Druid or even Warrior at holding a flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yup, I never understood the big hype for DH tanks. They have cool stuff for sure but I really feel like they literally melt. Guardian seems to me the best choice out there but I haven't q'd a lot of RBGs this season (~ 10 around 2.2).

Ret and arms are by far the easiest ways to get into melee rated pvp. Doesn't matter if it's RBGs or arena. DH is also very easy to get into but they are just too squishy right now compared to other options both for dps and tank. I would stay far away from rogues since they are usually assigned to a lot of defense and ninja 1v1s and 1v2s which require a fair amount of class knowledge and reactions.

In my experience, guardian druids are actually emerging as the best FC and base sitters. They have a lot of tools, stealth, survivability that I think puts them over the top.

Ret is pretty easy. Yes they have a pretty high skill cap due to all the utility and timing all of your different burst buttons now, but the floor still performs very well without even worrying about it.

Warrior seems like the best one. They're high survivability and high team utility plus MS/Sharpen on kill targets. Lot of mobility, ranged stun, etc.

I haven't really had a problem getting into RBGs as ret either for similar reasons: BOP, sac, offheals, sanctuary plus big burst every minute helps a lot.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT