Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trying to print an essay written in edit.

I remember when Covid19 hit the scene. Oh, that must've been 40 or 50 years ago.

"That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for mankind."

The earliest news I can remember seeing on TV was Bush declaring the Gulf War. The earliest TV program I can remember in general was ALF

My oldest memory is eating a banana on the couch with my mom watching the news of the berlin wall fall on our yellow TV.

15+ Year Old Account

Pro stuff
    (tried in futility to use some resize [img width={width} height={height} ...]{url}[/img], didnt get it to work, 2h sleep in 48h, sorry :/)
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-03-05 at 12:16 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the cartoon transformers movie in theaters, the challenger exploding. Maybe some stuff before that that I’m not recalling. Basically early to mid 80s stuff.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I remember seeing Star Wars before it was Episode IV.
    Wasn't it really always Episode IV? Lucas had rough drafts of the first three episodes and settle on the fourth as the one to make when he did. Just the name was changed later?

Black and White TV? For me maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    VHS tapes, floppy disks, not having internet or even a computer, having to go to the city to read magazines to learn about news of your interest. magazines were basically a physical internet without the interaction, weird to think about. there's many websites where you can read and provide scans of those if you have some, it's some great memories.

Old enough to remember Betamax

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Remember DOS, playing some skii-ing game on it, also Settlers 1 and Warcraft 1. Oh and ofc Win 3.2
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I remember playing Diablo 1 demo (2 levels, only Knight) and life without a phone or internet (and then dial up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I'm old enough to remember blockbusters and cell phones only for calling people.
    when people made threads with worthwhile content. now we just get obvious attempts at data farming.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm old enough to remember Ronald Regan getting elected in 1980. Mom voted against him, Dad voted for him.

5+ Year Old Account

The Grandfather of Gaming.

This sarcastic alien was on my tv.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-03-06 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Wasn't it really always Episode IV? Lucas had rough drafts of the first three episodes and settle on the fourth as the one to make when he did. Just the name was changed later?

Black and White TV? For me maybe?
    No, initial theatrical release was not Episode IV, nor was it A New Hope yet. The first time I saw it, the screen crawl only said STAR WARS. Good times, good times...

I remember sitting on my Dad's lap as he was playing Atari Donkey Kong at a friend's house. I thought Donkey Kong looked like garbage and Mario resembled a turd when he climbed up the ladders. Mario's walking sound of "but-but-but-but-but" make me laugh so hard I peed a little then my Dad got mad at me. After that happened, I got up, went to the computer and made this post. I have a bad memory.

Jk, I was like 3 at the time.

I remember that really awkward first 30 seconds to a minute of a phone call when you called a girl at her house (it was the only option) and her parents pick up the phone and chat with you to feel you out until she takes the phone from them.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I remember the 90s well for its nascent anime on TV, the terrible dubs and being very aware even as a small child that the odds of a girl name Molly Baker living in Japan with a Brooklyn accent were really low. I can remember liking terrible music in the 90s and my mom being inconsolable about Princess Diana dying and then everything before that is a blur of like playing a Sega Genesis at a friends house and then it gets too hazy to remember.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-03-06 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No, initial theatrical release was not Episode IV, nor was it A New Hope yet. The first time I saw it, the screen crawl only said STAR WARS. Good times, good times...
    Got ya! Yeah. I think I saw it like 12 times on the silver screen.