Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    - There are a sizeable number of people who enjoy leveling, progressing, and finishing Classic (just like any other game). Once Classic comes to the end of its cycle and they're full T3 / BiS naxx equipped... they wait for a new private realm to open up and start again with a new character class. So the perpetual Classic realm restarting every 2 years costs Blizzard nothing, and maybe keeps 100,000 people happy?
    I'm not sure how to interpret this quite frankly.

Are you thinking i'm dismissing the idea of fresh Classic servers entirely?
    Because i'm not, but launching fresh Classic servers right before TBC release just doesn't make much sense, because a lot of people that are going to play TBC might also play on a fresh Classic server, yet when that Server is launching right before TBC, they basically have to choose between leveling on Classic and playing TBC, because within two weeks only the most dedicated players actually reach maxlevel in Classic.

As said above, this "leak" already suggests there is 6 month wait period between TBC launch at T6, why not launch Fresh Classic servers within that period?
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    - TBC launch is exactly as it was in 2006. T4 and T5 launched simultaneously with patch 2.0. "No changes".
    You really want to pull that argument on a leak that has:
    -No MH at start (MH was part of 2.0)
    -6 month gap between Launch and BT (back in 2007 it was about 4 months)
    -WoW Token (of all things)

If you want to dismiss the idea based on "no changes", okay, i think that's stupid concerning what has happened in Classic but that's another story, but those leaks do not even honor that concept to begin with.
    Disregarding that the most authentic version of "no changes" would a progressive launch, which said leak also dismisses.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-15 at 05:07 PM.

take out your phones, you have phone right
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Fix Wow or release solo RPG in Warcraft universe, that would remove all restrictions, MMO puts on it. I.e. things like armor dyeing (no avail due to lack of video memory and bandwidth for extra textures) and player's housing (too much art and 0 gameplay, won't keep players subbed, anti-social blah, blah, blah).
    This is probably Alex Jones level conspiracy thinking, but the code project "Fenway" makes me think something like that or Blizzard's next MMO.

- Fenway Field is the home stadium of the Boston Red Sox
    - Curt Schilling was the Boston Red Sox player who started a video game company with a game called Kingdoms of Amalur, which was a single player WoW style game.
    - After the success of KoA, Curt was out there pitching a project called Project Copernicus, an MMO based in the Amalur universe.
    - He often called it the "WoW killer"
    - His studio went bankrupt and the project was dissolved / bought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I haven't seen any leaks yet, interested to see what the mobile games are. WoW pet battles like old pokemon? Starcraft tower defense?

Any wishlists / speculation?
    The mobile 'games' will be bad just like every other mobile game out there.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, but..you know..it is all fake and hype and lies

Do I need to link this again?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post29402702 and to quote "a mass exodus of people leaving for ESO and Wildstar, which far surpass WoW (this is undeniable) " - ahhhhaaahhhhaaahahah.... massive bullshit that makes me so happy.

and another one from the regular MMO-C shitposters:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post46305217
    I'm curious: Do you collect such "I-couldn't-make-this-shit-up-even-if-did-my-best-posts"?
    If you do, then I look forward to similar high-quality posts from you in the future.
    I haven't laughed so much in weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    thats what im saying, the fact that a game is more popular irregardless of its monetization, still means its more popular, like ofc the monetization come into play in the metrics, but it doesnt change the fact at the end of the day.

and i mena, ofc, obv blizzard is not dead technically, im jsut saying comparatively
    Well, what's even the relevance of making such statements about popularity, then? We're talking about games that are incredibly successful - being more or less popular than one another isn't really very important, especially because to start with you can't really quantify popularity - especially so when there are many variables that influence whatever metrics you might even try to use.

Popularity comes and goes. The reason synth music is less popular now than in the 80s is not because there is no one alive today capable of creating good synth music, or that the music that was made in the 80s is no longer good, it's just that what people want changes and evolves over time. Popular genres come and go. Fads show up suddenly and disappear just as suddenly. Same happens with everything, including games. Genres have phases, certain games get spikes of viral popularity. And more often than not what determines what is more popular is not which one was better, but which one was at the right place at the right time. The only thing that is certain is that no king rules forever.

If we go by such standards, comparatively to the big names, 99.99% of games are dead.

Just a pointless, meaningless statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I think a very large portion of people was extremely dissapoitned with what Blizzard choose to do with HoTS.
    Maybe, although "very large" is very relative. Clearly for Blizzard it was not large enough to warrant the continuous investment.

Don't get me wrong, HotS is the only moba I ever got into, and I played a fair bit of it, and liked it quite a lot. But it was kind of doomed from the start, coming to an already very well established genre that was already starting to decline by the time it released, sadly. Their biggest mistake imo was investing so much in trying to make an esport out of it in the first place, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its like they purposely wanted to fail with that game. And fail they did
    Statements like this always amuse me. The playerbase has such paradoxical views on Blizzard. They are simultaneously seen as the greediest money-hungry vampires on earth, and dummies that keep consciously auto-sabotaging their own revenue stream.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-02-15 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am not sure how many ppl here are still that much interested in what Blizz do. they clearly showed that they have nothing in common with the „old“ Blizzard. so i asume a lot of ppl just not care at all. and therefore not care much about a thread like this. thats the reason why there is not a single post since 50 mins. btw:

/first

just to add, while the obvious disconnect between fans and developers is clearly apparent, the pandemic has probably destroyed much of the hype even the most hardcore fans have had over the years, so it doesn't really surprise me to see such apathy these days after blizz just gave a massive middle finger to the community that had built up over nearly 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Expecting :

9.1 deep dive (can't really imagine what next raid will be, maybe a section of Torghast? Sylvannas end boss with an Anduin encounter?)
    9.2 tease (another area\covenant?)

Outside of WoW, im hoping for a Diablo 2 remaster confirmation (and close release date), and a date for TBC Classic release.

Don't really care about the rest of the IPs, but i wouldn't mind some Diablo 4 information, although from what i saw so far, i'm happy with PoE and a D2 remaster\remake\wtv.
    Nah Sylvanas won't be a raid boss, she's the hero.

Honestly the most important element on the WoW front for Blizzconline is what the 9.1 raid(s) will be.

If we're going to a "maw raid" ASAP, that shows some funky potential for future patches. Will we even fight the Jailer IN the maw, or do we chase him elsewhere as "death comes for the soul of your world?" If we're holding off on a maw raid until 9.3... that seems nuts to me.

The X.1 raid traditionally, in recent years anyway, resolves "the launch act" of the story. The Nighthold brought us to the apex of the "Launch zone storyline," Dazar'Alor culminated the "oooh we are so at war" storyline, so I expect 9.1 to finish the "the shadowlands are in drought because of the Jailer and his plans in the maw" story and move it to a new phase for new locations to arrive in 9.2, just in time for when the prior expansions did indeed open up new locations.

I expect the... Big name in Maldraxxus (someone else can spoil it, I won't, not everyone can be expected to have all 4 stories up to date really) to either head their own mini raid or be a boss in a "maw raid" alongside Helya (who isn't a spoiler because she's in the intro questline)... and perhaps culminating with something stemming from the Anduin/Sylvanas interaction at the end of a Maw raid.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-02-15 at 10:32 PM.

I would personally hope that Blizzard makes the progression towards TBC optional via their character transfer interface (free of charge). Imho that would be the fairest solution for people that want to stay on classic while others can progress forward. The other way around or starting new on the next batch of classic reams would be kinda steeped in issues.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

SNIP
    HOTS Chromie makes me think this is a shop.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Nah Sylvanas won't be a raid boss, she's the hero.
    Nah, before this year is over, many will farm Ahead of the Curve: Sylvanas.

I haven't seen any leaks yet, interested to see what the mobile games are. WoW pet battles like old pokemon? Starcraft tower defense?

Any wishlists / speculation?
    For me, personally, I have absolutely zero interest in anything they are going to offer regardless of the franchise - if it is on mobile.

As far as wishlists go:

I am hoping that D4 is farther along in development than I believe it is.
    I am hoping that whatever kind of D2 remaster is taking place doesn't shit the bed and is progressing nicely, hopefully near done.
    I am hoping that Sylv dies in 9.1 so we can move past her and her story arc.

Like someone else said, additional heritage armour quests would be a nice surprise.

In the real world I do not expect any of those things. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nah, before this year is over, many will farm Ahead of the Curve: Sylvanas.
    This is the other really big shoe waiting to drop. We, out here in the weeds, know what a bombshell the canonical decision on what happens to Sylvanas will make. This decision, between Sylvanas the raid boss, Sylvanas the "Gul'Dan who gets Illidan'ed by Tyrande," or "Sylvanas the Kerrigan so the forsaken voice lines of cult worship don't have to change and the loyalists will keep playing" is going to show which exact playerbase they... essentially want to keep. There is no middle ground on this, this is essentially the axis of the darkshore warfront, the sides are identical, and one side or the other is going to "win" here.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-02-15 at 10:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean.. I guess its cool for people who want to replay that, but it isnt something new realy. I never got the hype in the first place.. classic was a joke and made fun of being to easy. Tbc clown era will be the same..
    I love WoW but retail is literally unbearable, Classic is way too slow and unchallenging, BC will probably be somewhat enjoyable. I really loved it back then.

This actually might be a really good thread to ask the question: Does the "no live audience" element make them bolder to announce things like... Sylvanas the raid boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    /
    There is zero context here... and no source...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    HOTS Chromie makes me think this is a shop.
    Exactly this... no source... so I'm going to go with fake until sourced.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This actually might be a really good thread to ask the question: Does the "no live audience" element make them bolder to announce things like... Sylvanas the raid boss?
    That sounds too good to be true. Then again Garrosh was a raid boss but he escaped and Thrall had a kill steal in a random solo duty during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That sounds too good to be true. Then again Garrosh was a raid boss but he escaped and Thrall had a kill steal in a random solo duty during leveling.
    Think about it though, Shadowlands of course was in the oven while we were playing BFA, and they’ve obviously known the broad strokes for a long time, but COVID’s been a thing keeping us all at home and assuring nothing but “less live” community interactions for a year now, thus Blizzconline. If there was an internal resistance to facing the audience regarding redshirting Sylvanas or making other perhaps shakily received announcements, there’s been lots of time to decide to take the plunge now while there’s no one to stand up and “Diablo Immortal” the moment!

I have to wonder if this is a thing at all!