Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Extremely exciting race though

Ehhh, I've lost interest. Overall I'm for fair competition and think, that domination of one team is boring, because race results are predictable. I know, that there were such cases in the past and that overall F1 is about domination. But there were also periods of close competition. And after so many years of Mercedes domination we finally have good competitor, that had all chances to win this championship and Mercedes makes dirty and non-sportive moves to get their domination back, while rules aren't good enough to punish them for doing it.
    1) F1 cars are fragile, i.e. damage is mutual in case of collision in most cases. That's why collisions are usually avoided. But there is still such dirty move, that allows you to kick other driver out of race while getting minor damage to your car. Puncturing rear tire via your front wing. I guess, we need rear tire protection, like in IndyCar.
    2) Bottas sacrificing himself in next race.
    3) Long term problems for Red Bull. Budget problems due to large amount of damage to both cars, that means lesser money for car evolution. And of course damaged engine, that means sacrificing one race.
    So, I guess, intrigue is dead.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-08-25 at 06:01 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Ehhh, I've lost interest. Overall I'm for fair competition and think, that domination of one team is boring, because race results are predictable. I know, that there were such cases in the past and that overall F1 is about domination. But there were also periods of close competition. And after so many years of Mercedes domination we finally have good competitor, that had all chances to win this championship and Mercedes makes dirty and non-sportive moves to get their domination back, while rules aren't good enough to punish them for doing it.
    1) F1 cars are fragile, i.e. damage is mutual in case of collision in most cases. That's why collisions are usually avoided. But there is still such dirty move, that allows you to kick other driver out of race while getting minor damage to your car. Puncturing rear tire via your front wing. I guess, we need rear tire protection, like in IndyCar.
    2) Bottas sacrificing himself in next race.
    3) Long term problems for Red Bull. Budget problems due to large amount of damage to both cars, that means lesser money for car evolution. And of course damaged engine, that means sacrificing one race.
    So, I guess, intrigue is dead.
    Do you seriously believe that HAM and BOT incidents were intentional ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Spa... Jesus Christ. Congrats on Russell's podium.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Zandvoort might not happen... Climate people going mad atm

News breaking right now that Kimi has announced his full retirement from F1 at the end of the season.

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/ph...5103845313252/

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwoah, I wonder what Kimi's going to do next.

edit: Dull Dutch GP. Congrats to Max on winning another home race. Holy crap that's a lot of people in the stands.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-09-05 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a race, way more overtaking then expected, way less safety cars then expected. Tactics made it even more exciting. And that atmosphere...

Zandvoort is an insane track, it's like a rollercoaster and those banked curves are just awesome. Happy to see Max come out on top, Lewis as usual is just right there. This season has legitimately been good, aside from that absolute disaster at Spa where they really screwed up. Nigel Mansell commented on the Spa situation and said they should have taken a decision to have the cars bolt on more downforce and also increase ride height just to allow the cars to more safely drive.

I remember going back 10-20 years ago and they regularly raced in just as bad or worse weather, the new cars seem to be the worst yet when it comes to that. Cancelling a race and then calling a result is just a joke, ruins the integrity of the sport. Otherwise great season so far, very competitive, lots of unpredictable results I just hope Max's bad luck doesn't resurface later in the championship, as Lewis typically has legendary luck/reliability.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So when Horner told Max to finish on top of Hamilton I don't think he meant that.

10+ Year Old Account
    McLaren 1-2!

edit: Shoeys!
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-09-12 at 02:46 PM.

Non is upset with DR winning. The amount of MV fans crying on social media is beautiful though, huffing copium and saying FIA is the maFIA.

"MaX 51G cRaSh" They penalise the infringement, not the outcome.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Non is upset with DR winning. The amount of MV fans crying on social media is beautiful though, huffing copium and saying FIA is the maFIA.

"MaX 51G cRaSh" They penalise the infringement, not the outcome.
    He should have penalised.. i agree.. but you know, when Lewis did the same thing (with a worse outcome) he only got a the prevorbial slap on the wrist.

Shows FIA are fucking biased. I think the rage comes from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 1-1 now. Red Bull still have to change PU thanks to that Silverstone shunt. They'll take it now at Sochi. This was actually a good outcome for Max. In stead of Lewis winning 29 points on a Mercedes track he got 0 and Max got 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    He should have penalised.. i agree.. but you know, when Lewis did the same thing (with a worse outcome) he only got a the prevorbial slap on the wrist.

He didn't do the same thing at all. Max went off track and rejoined in an unsafe manner. He should've gone thorugh the corner, as Lewis did earlier in the race.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post

Silverstone: Lewis was on track, On the inside line, was going on or close to the mercedes apex.
    Monza: Max was off track, rejoining over a curb in which style really shouldn't be in modern F1 instead of taking the safer option like Lewis did when they came together earlier in the race.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Verstappen to me is the classical example that proves there is a fine line that separates "being bold" from "being a fool". Ii is undeniable he is the most talented driver in the grid, but he needs to grow up a lot to become a proper champion. If he manages this season, so far it is mostly thanks to Mercedes making terrible strategy mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of this really surprises me with Max, I think basically every other driver on the grid has been complaining about how he goes about his business since the first season he joined F1. This whole 'he needs to grow up' thing is pretty old, he should have grown up by now.

I'm NOT Max's fan, but I just don't like domination of one team - it's boring, because it makes results of races predictable. Is it just me, who think, that Max was "overjudged" in Monza? Yeah, at the end it was result of his team not performing well and without it they wouldn't have any problems. But just explain one thing to me. May be I don't understand rules or something. At the moment, when Lewis started to turn left, Max was just one wheel behind him. So they were obviously side by side. And when two cars are side by side in second turn, outer one should usually use wider trajectory. So, I mostly agree with Max, who said, that he was pushed towards curb and jumped on it as result. Just look at other episodes in the same turn. Has any other driver ever turned left via inner trajectory, when there was other car at his side?

And overall this situation looks even more strange to me. I.e. judges think, that it was "tactical fall", while they didn't think, that same thing happened in Silverstone. It really starts to make me feel, like there is some negative bias about Max. Like if he wouldn't deserve winning current championship and champion title would already be reserved for Lewis.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-14 at 06:19 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody likes one-team domination, but Max has earned his reputation for being reckless by being reckless, not because everyone loves Mercedes or Hamilton. Though I think people probably would rather see McLaren or Ferrari challenging than Red Bull.