Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Frame or two after shows differently.
    No it doesn't? That's literally the moment where his tyre is about to impact that sausage curb, after which the car is no longer under his control. It didn't leave the track until it was sitting on top of hamiltons car.

That's a few frames later, mid incident and the car is still within track limits. Tell me, do you work for Mercedes F1?

Few more frames ahead, still within track limits. He never left the track, his car hit the kerb and bounced off it. Which is why it was in my opinion a racing incident caused by dangerous kerbs.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-09-15 at 07:22 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account

Giovinazzi managed it and din't crash into Leclerc. Its on Max.

Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking Monza. I saw SS as a racing incident, Max turned in on Lewis and Lewis got within half a car length. Minimal contact which huge consequences. Depends on your perspective. You can see it as Lewis going deep and bumping him off, or Max closing the door on a car going faster. The fact Lewis managed to pull that move off against Leclerc later in the race on a more aggressive line makes me lean to Max closing the door.

Yes there are, you see Lewis bounce.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the stewards are always consistent

the 60/40 is generally what was bounded around between everyone, which I would agree with. Lewis more at fault, but 10 seconds for it seems a little ridiculous for a racing incident.
    Lewis was never going to make that turn entering on that point. Leclerc and Hamilton made it through Copse because Lewis lifted.

The first lap collision happened between turn 4 and 5. The second one happened in turn 3.

Lap 1 was a real racing incident unlike the Silverstone collision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No it doesn't? That's literally the moment where his tyre is about to impact that sausage curb, after which the car is no longer under his control. It didn't leave the track until it was sitting on top of hamiltons car.

That's a few frames later, mid incident and the car is still within track limits. Tell me, do you work for Mercedes F1?
    Probably watched the race on Sky. Those guys are more biased towards Lewis than Ziggo is towards MV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No it doesn't? That's literally the moment where his tyre is about to impact that sausage curb, after which the car is no longer under his control. It didn't leave the track until
    it was sitting on top of hamiltons car.

Few more frames ahead, still within track limits. He never left the track, his car hit the kerb and bounced off it. Which is why it was in my opinion a racing incident caused by dangerous kerbs.
    Can't be bothered to upload a picture to imgur just to prove you wrong but exactly when this video starts it shows, his wheel is off the track. Doesn't matter if he was in control or not, he was the one that lost control by going off the track. Honestly if you can't see it from his onboard idk what we're even discussing for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaPKqGO59T0&t=110s

EDIT: timestamps on youtube sucks so it doesn't save it to the exact frame I wanted. Still can't be bothered to post a picture of it as I don't really care that much, but I'm right.

He was never going to make the second apex on that line either, he was always going to clatter into Lewis. Stewards for all their inconsistency got it right. Shame the penalty will be negated by them changing the engine though.

Max was the one who put himself onto the kerbs though, so it's his responsbility where he puts the car. At any point he could've dived out, which is why it's not a racing incident, he's to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Lewis was never going to make that turn entering on that point.
    Yes he was, he was taking that line quite a lot all weekend, have a look at his onboards and Jolyon Palmers analysis.

Leclerc and Hamilton made it through Copse because Lewis lifted.
    Show me the telemetry please.

The first lap collision happened between turn 4 and 5. The second one happened in turn 3.

Lap 1 was a real racing incident unlike the Silverstone collision.
    Silverstone should've been a racing incident and probably would have been if Max didn't go into the wall. Lets not forget they were bumping wheels and racing aggressively the entire lap up until that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably watched the race on Sky. Those guys are more biased towards Lewis than Ziggo is towards MV.
    Yes? But I'm still capable of forming my opinion. Disagree with a lot of Brundle and Croftys comments. No one is more biased than Ziggo to MV, lets be real.
    Last edited by willtron; 2021-09-15 at 09:13 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Lol, so Silverstone was a racing incident but Monza isn't? LOL.

Can't be bothered to upload a picture to imgur
    Just use Gyazo, but no you're wrong the car isn't off the track unless at least 3 wheels are over the white line and that never happened.

What a stupid penalty. Hamilton was at fault as he left him no space. Max had the inside line for turn 2. Max had earned the right to space by going around the outside of turn one and being along side Hamilton for turn 2.

Ambitious, yes. Nonetheless, you can't just squeeze someone in and expect them to take the run-off. Had there been a barrier instead of run-off I'd expect Hamilton would respect the other car and provide the space

Giovinazzi managed it and din't crash into Leclerc. Its on Max.

Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking Monza. I saw SS as a racing incident, Max turned in on Lewis and Lewis got within half a car length. Minimal contact which huge consequences. Depends on your perspective. You can see it as Lewis going deep and bumping him off, or Max closing the door on a car going faster. The fact Lewis managed to pull that move off against Leclerc later in the race on a more aggressive line makes me lean to Max closing the door.

Yes there are, you see Lewis bounce.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the stewards are always consistent

the 60/40 is generally what was bounded around between everyone, which I would agree with. Lewis more at fault, but 10 seconds for it seems a little ridiculous for a racing incident.
    and so is the 3 grid penalty. But yeah whataboutism.

I've watched this video frame by frame in OpenShot and all 4 wheels had never been offtrack prior to exact moment, when he jumped on curb. And even at that moment his right wheel still was on white line with 30% of it on track. Overall, if one "returns" from somewhere, he should get there in a first place.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

That's, what I was talking about! Watch 4:24.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-26 at 07:19 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talks about Verstappen on Thursday cracking under pressure. Then runs into his front jack man on Friday. Crashes in the pit after a late call. Crashes on his fast lap. Gee I wonder who's cracking under pressure

Talks about Verstappen on Thursday cracking under pressure. Then runs into his front jack man on Friday. Crashes in the pit after a late call. Crashes on his fast lap. Gee I wonder who's cracking under pressure
    Can you link me to where he said that Verstappen is cracking under pressure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was exciting. Was hoping Lando's gamble would pay off, but then it started dumping. Bleh, still a great drive. Was on the edge of my seat.

Congrats on Hamilton's 100th.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Can you link me to where he said that Verstappen is cracking under pressure?
    I don't think Hamilton ever said that. Clickbait journalists cherry-picked some comments to make it appear that way.

I'm not helping by linking one with a mega clickbait headline, but this does have his full quote: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...appen/6672994/.

He starts it off by clearing stating he isn't making assumptions and goes on to talk about his own experiences. You can argue he's implying something--but until he comes out and says it, it's a bit of conjecture.

The media shit-stirring between these two is obnoxious. Both are great drivers, both have made some mistakes (with consequences for each other), but both are largely respectful of each other. Folks act like this is some Hamilton/Rosberg or Senna/Prost level of drama when it's not.

Great race, I knew Lando had lost the moment Lewis went into the pits. The only way the gamble could have worked for Lando was if the rain stopped and at that point they were all indicating it was going to get worse. I'm a bit gutted for Lando, but it was a good lesson for him where Lewis would have done the same thing but he listened to and trusted the teams advice and it worked out.

Also hilarious how Valtteri just let Max cruise by with no trouble, he's not playing the team game to protect Lewis anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty dull for a wet race.

Bottas had a much better Turkey this go around. Very solid race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hamilton blaming his team when he made the call to stay out...

Hamilton blaming his team when he made the call to stay out...
    He wanted to go to the end, he ended up changing the tires late instead which was worse than had he pitted earlier when told but maybe staying to the end would have worked better, those inters have shown a few times that they get better over time when the tread wears down if the track starts to dry, I think he was banking on that, but then he did the tyre change and had to deal with the overheating early phase of the tyres.

Thought it was an ok race, not too exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the end was going to be a bit tighter, but Max had that little bit extra.

The McLaren / Ferrari battle is so good. McLaren gooooooooooooooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a chase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. Dammit, Daniel. Ferrari nabbed too many points today.

Congrats to Perez on a home podium.

Red Bull looking primed for both championships.

BRAZIL!!

Fun race. The crowd was nuts and pumped me up. Lots of good little battles. Shame about McLaren losing so many points to Ferrari.

If the last three races are this entertaining...
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-11-14 at 06:44 PM.