Tracking mounts over 400?

Sometime recently (Shadowlands prepatch?) it seems they removed mount data from the statistics tab, which was what was pulling into the collected number for the mount achievements.
    Since I'm over 400, I have no idea how close I'd be to getting a theoretical 500 mount achievement.

Armory/mounts tab shows 546 collected, but that includes a bunch of mounts exclusive to the other faction, which didn't count for mount achievements in the past. Did that change, or is there another way to track how many mounts qualify?

Yeah, something was changed. Before SL I was at 405 or so mounts. Once SL was released my count dropped to 383. I think I am now back over 400 with all the new mounts I collected since release.

For whatever reason, they decided to remove that information from the statistics.

If you want the "mounts usable on a single character" count you will need to get that through addons. I downloaded one of them to test it because of this thread and sadly the counter it shows seems broken as it tells me I have 515 and I had more than 540 even before SL launch. I'm guessing it's not counting legion class hall mounts and probably something else as well. So until the achievement actually gets released you're out of luck.

It also seems the main counter that shows up without addons now includes mounts that are not usable on a single character, but doesn't include other faction mounts maybe? Since it's also lower than my total count for all mounts cross faction.

In other words, it's a big mess and Blizzard removed the one and only reliable counter that allowed collectors to track the number. It's like them saying "if you have the highest achievement, you shouldn't care".
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-02-16 at 05:02 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Litemount's usable count seems vaguely accurate it's showing me at 515 or 516 on my paladin which is probably close to accurate.

I'm still irritated by this Stats removal and the lack of follow-up achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    For whatever reason, they decided to remove that information from the statistics.

If you want the "mounts usable on a single character" count you will need to get that through addons. I downloaded one of them to test it because of this thread and sadly the counter it shows seems broken as it tells me I have 515 and I had more than 540 even before SL launch. I'm guessing it's not counting legion class hall mounts and probably something else as well. So until the achievement actually gets released you're out of luck.

It also seems the main counter that shows up without addons now includes mounts that are not usable on a single character, but doesn't include other faction mounts maybe? Since it's also lower than my total count for all mounts cross faction.

In other words, it's a big mess and Blizzard removed the one and only reliable counter that allowed collectors to track the number. It's like them saying "if you have the highest achievement, you shouldn't care".
    If I had to guess, it's (partially at least) because the covenant mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Litemount's usable count seems vaguely accurate it's showing me at 515 or 516 on my paladin which is probably close to accurate.

I'm still irritated by this Stats removal and the lack of follow-up achievements.
    Thank you, oddly enough that seems to be working as it's giving me 553 as a "usable" count, which seems to be in line with the number from statistics before it was removed.

Then again, one of the main points of knowing your count is to comapre it with other players and give it to those inquiring about it Giving them a count that is only visible with a niche addon doesn't really fulfill the task. Even before, when the statistics count still existed, people usually compared my "usable on a single character" count with their main interface counts and concluded I'm some scrub. Now it will be even worse.

These days I just give the count from the default menu. It is nice to once again know the actual number though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    If I had to guess, it's (partially at least) because the covenant mounts.
    Possibly that is the case. Legion class hall mounts were also quite problematic from that perspective and it didn't happen then though.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    can always check simplearmory.com
    I've been using that for ages to track mounts that i don't have, and it shows the mount number usable by the character.
    Though i did notice it might also be incorrect, it said 388 for me and i have the 400 mount achiev.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    I've been using that for ages to track mounts that i don't have, and it shows the mount number usable by the character.
    Though i did notice it might also be incorrect, it said 388 for me and i have the 400 mount achiev.
    Waow I didn’t know that! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
    It's very useful and gives a nice outlook on your collection, but simplearmory is indeed incorrect and is definitely not reliable to give you the proper count. It doesn't count legion class hall mounts of other classes than the one you're loading, it doesn't count discontinued mounts that are not available in some way in the game etc. Depending on how much of your count comes from those, the discrepancy will vary. For me the count on SA is lower by like 30 than the actual one.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection