Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    fart sound thumbs down -- no matter how hard you squeeze a crap it won't turn into a diamond

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Man of Steel is not even close to an incredible movie.

I don't get what is with the obsession over Snyder. His only films you could argue are "good" are 300 and Watchmen, and both of them are riddled with gigantic flaws. This film might end up being tonally similar to the others in the series, but it won't be good.
    I guess its for the same reason people enjoy michael bay's stuff,movies dont always have to be some master crafted story to be enjoyed,its like with fast food vs a well home made risotto lobster with parmesan egg pancakes,you can enjoy both

also i personaly think movie formats dont even lend themselves to good story telling,unless its spread out among multiple films,like original star wars

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I guess its for the same reason people enjoy michael bay's stuff,movies dont always have to be some master crafted story to be enjoyed,its like with fast food vs a well home made risotto lobster with parmesan egg pancakes,you can enjoy both

also i personaly think movie formats dont even lend themselves to good story telling,unless its spread out among multiple films,like original star wars
    With Zack and Bay if you go into the movie knowing what you're going to get then you're going to have a much better time than somehow convincing yourselves this might be a Russo brothers MCU movie or Citizen Kane.

Michael Bay loves doing silly over the top action flicks. You know what that's fine. Hell they're fun. If he made his transformer movies and tmnt movie in the 1980s with no changes people would be in love with them like with cheesy arnie 80s action movies like Commando or The Running man.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean it's not the worst movie; of course the themes themselves are a bit drab and grimey, but that's the mood and it works as well as any other ZS movie, but he really makes the case that there're actually wrong ways to interpret a character lol.
    He made it clear early on that he hated superman and it shows throughout his work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t get it.... it just looks like a bunch of extra scenes, like an unlimited edition or something.
    Well, It's going to be twice as long as the original version and all the reshoots Whedon did will be gone...so by that there should be a lot of material that's different from the theatrical release.

But, exactly how different the core of the story is remains to be seen.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, It's going to be twice as long as the original version and all the reshoots Whedon did will be gone...so by that there should be a lot of material that's different from the theatrical release.

But, exactly how different the core of the story is remains to be seen.
    Any fun will not be allowed so theirs that to look forward too..

just waiting for my marvel paycheck Kevin feige

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

to be fair man of steel by comparison with the last superman live action movies does feel like a masterpierce lol,that ofc isnt saying much
    Well I really enjoyed Man of Steel, most of the criticism seems to stem from the annoyance of the alterations to Superman's character. But IPs with large fanbases always carry that with them, new iterations will change things, and more devoted fans would hate some of those changes especially if they're socio-politically driven.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd find it did much better on average amongst the casual super hero fan base than the hardcore fans. Saying that, i totally understand the irritation with changing long standing character and personality attributes effectively telling these fans, this isn't my Super man or batman etc.

Minus that, it was an enjoyable and interesting visualisation of an original fantasy (still being told over and over again)

I too enjoyed Man of Steel. This looks very much "DC" more so than any of the current CW silliness, and I suspect I'll enjoy this. The one annoyance is "Joker." Did not need to see him. (Although I get it...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait for this.

I don't know how anyone can expect this "cut" to actually be better than the dumpster fire of Justice League. Joss Whedon literally only changed 15% of the movie. Snyrder just isn't capable of making good movies and this trailer made me cringe so hard that it nearly gave me actual physical pain.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    We've been anticipating this for a while. And it's here.. what do you think?

Initially they weren't going to do it, but then they turned round and did it, and as the project got along, they pumped MILLIONS into it... sheesh.

From all reports so far, it's basically a diffferent movie, - substantial differences in ALL the key characters. Most of all is we have a lot more fleshed out of Cyborg who plays a much deeper role in the plot, which makes sense, if you watched the theatrical release.

4 hrs is the expected run time, .. i am wondering if this would make all the difference. Here is the first full trailer.

Tbh. I'm hyped for this, while I enjoyed the watch, the original Justice league was such a let down, and I actually liked the new DC universe that started with Man of Steel, but like all things WB, they know how to trash great potential, saying that, some great stuff still comes through. You're just not sure which it's going to be. But that's the same with everyone. Just because you have money doesn't mean your movie will be great.
    The last part is what matters. HBO knows that it will be a success. It doesn't matter if it is objectively the same quality or even worse quality...the reality is that DC fanboys will accept it as superior no matter what.

We saw the same thing with Batman v Superman. To the DC fanboy, the film was perfect...there was no way to make it better. Then the extended release came out; and, to that same fanboy, it was even better (than perfect somehow).

HBO is throwing chump change because they understand this dynamic which will result in a surge of subscriptions with a certain percentage that won't bother to turn off their subscription after they've seen the movie.

DC fanboys...you are being played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Affleck is an alright Batman, Jared Leto should make an awesome Joker.

Get at me
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-02-16 at 02:51 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I don't expect it to be much better, and I'm surprised by all the people who are now Snyder bros, because I could swear his previous DC films were heavily ravaged by the fan base (maybe my memory is just faulty), and now suddenly he's being heralded as a "messiah". I think his films like 300, Sucker Punch & Watchmen definitely have some interesting visuals, but I don't think that style translates well to DC properties like Superman, his color choices alone make MoS feel depressing, never mind the overall tone , some Youtuber restored the proper color to some scenes and it felt like a completely different film.

That being said, I'll check out his version, but only because its on HBO Max and I'm already subbed for better reasons, if this had dropped in theaters, I wouldn't pay to go see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I just can not imagine how making Justice League longer would be an improvement in any regard. I'll give it a shot but this seems unnecessary as hell. Just move on, WB.
    I think it's important to try and salvage it from their point of view so they can make future movies.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like they're actively making more movies or anything. Oh, wait. WW84 just came out and they're set to film Aquaman 2 this year. Never mind, this take was silly.
    They've been "set to film" like a half-dozen movies since Justice League. I'm not sure I'd take that as a guarantee of much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I think it's important to try and salvage it from their point of view so they can make future movies.
    Nope. The company I work for did focus testing for Warner Media; not on this specifically, but I can't get into details. This ain't it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Well I really enjoyed Man of Steel, most of the criticism seems to stem from the annoyance of the alterations to Superman's character. But IPs with large fanbases always carry that with them, new iterations will change things, and more devoted fans would hate some of those changes especially if they're socio-politically driven.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd find it did much better on average amongst the casual super hero fan base than the hardcore fans. Saying that, i totally understand the irritation with changing long standing character and personality attributes effectively telling these fans, this isn't my Super man or batman etc.

Minus that, it was an enjoyable and interesting visualisation of an original fantasy (still being told over and over again)
    Yeah,i enjoyed it,im not completly sure why the dislike for it is so high as i have not looked in to detailed reviews,but my suspicion is that the tone for the character is very different,they made the film like a batman film,and not the campy kind rather the dark brooding one

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Ben Affleck is an alright Batman, Jared Leto should make an awesome Joker.

Get at me
    I'll got at you with a kiss, I agree with tou 90% 'cause Affleck's Batmas in more than alright for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The trailer just kinda seems all over the place. We’ll see how it goes, but I don’t think Synder is going to get the ”my cut is better than his cut” recognition that he’s seeking.
    I think its possible he gets the better cut. I just don't think it will be better enough to justify an extra 2 hours.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

So weird it was cut so much into one movie, and not two.