Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    in a nutshell its still the same movie.

"notice me, senpai motivation" is.. ok if you like it. still same general actions, just more pathetic. IMO
    yes i appreciated seeing Iris West and a bit more humanizing of the Flash, but her appearance as well as joker, and MM just bloated the movie even more then it was already bloated.
    holy exposition batman on the boxes, but in the end, still the same result.
    extended amazon fight but if felt like it could use a LOT of cutting in editing, heck all of the scenes did.
    lord of the rings ripoff of being given the rings, except its hiding the motherboxes. especially the part with "world of men" in the woods - I was half convinced they reused the costumes, or at the very least designed them that way.
    they may not have wasted time on a russian family, but dear god did they waste time on just about everything else. at least that russian family was there to add human tension to the scene, I'm still trying to figure out what was the point of that extended acapella islandic song that Batman just stood and listened to for some reasons, other then it sounded cool, I guess. I will give you Cyborg. he did get more development. in theatrical cut he was just kinda.. there.

it took me most of the day to watch this with a LOT of pausing for breaks and I pretty much ended up working on a craft project as I did because it was too... damn... boring.. otherwise.

P.S. random favorite part. it actualy has timestamps for each part. for easier skipping pleasure should you want to. I cannot think of anything else I watched on HBO recently that was so drawn out, that it came with its own timestamps
    No one claimed that Snyder's version was going to have a different basic plot. The rest of the complaints are subjective, though you're just becoming more aggressive about them because you're getting upset that people aren't agreeing with you. Take a step back. You didn't like it. It's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No one claimed that Snyder's version was going to have a different basic plot. The rest of the complaints are subjective, though you're just becoming more aggressive about them because you're getting upset that people aren't agreeing with you. Take a step back. You didn't like it. It's okay.
    if I came across more aggressive, it was not my intention. I mostly took an issue with accusation that I didn't watch the movie, just because I thought it was basically the same movie just... longer. the person I was replying to specifically tried to tell me that it was a very different movie and I'm essentially lying about having watched it. not really. it was just overexplained movie. IMO.

I don't mind that not everyone agrees with me. disagreement is fine. accusing me of outright lying? is not.

in a nutshell its still the same movie.

"notice me, senpai motivation" is.. ok if you like it. still same general actions, just more pathetic. IMO
    yes i appreciated seeing Iris West and a bit more humanizing of the Flash, but her appearance as well as joker, and MM just bloated the movie even more then it was already bloated.
    holy exposition batman on the boxes, but in the end, still the same result.
    extended amazon fight but if felt like it could use a LOT of cutting in editing, heck all of the scenes did.
    lord of the rings ripoff of being given the rings, except its hiding the motherboxes. especially the part with "world of men" in the woods - I was half convinced they reused the costumes, or at the very least designed them that way.
    they may not have wasted time on a russian family, but dear god did they waste time on just about everything else. at least that russian family was there to add human tension to the scene, I'm still trying to figure out what was the point of that extended acapella islandic song that Batman just stood and listened to for some reasons, other then it sounded cool, I guess. I will give you Cyborg. he did get more development. in theatrical cut he was just kinda.. there.

it took me most of the day to watch this with a LOT of pausing for breaks and I pretty much ended up working on a craft project as I did because it was too... damn... boring.. otherwise.

P.S. random favorite part. it actualy has timestamps for each part. for easier skipping pleasure should you want to. I cannot think of anything else I watched on HBO recently that was so drawn out, that it came with its own timestamps
    I really can't go into how much I disagree with you without writing a whole book, so I'll just summarize it:
    What makes a movie good isn't the general story. If you boil down everything to the general story, then yes you can argue why nothing is good because in both "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Matrix" you have the main guy die for the rest of humanity. The general story is on the back of the DVD box (or in this case, whatever webpage you watched it on).

I'm guessing you don't actually know Lord of the Rings then?
    3 rings were forged by Celebrimbor of the Elves, not humans and not given. And those rings weren't hidden away and then later used by the baddie to enact his evil plot while he went on a quest to find them and the good guys had to keep fighting him to prevent that from happening. Honestly the only thing that connects the two is that there are 3 objects and they are powerful. That's it. If this is the kind of high-intellect movie criticism you come up with then I can understand why you felt bored.

And the "World of Men" thing has been in the Wonder Woman comics for literal decades. Yeah Lord of the Rings was a bit earlier, but is this really a negative point for a fucking movie?

they may not have wasted time on a russian family, but dear god did they waste time on just about everything else. at least that russian family was there to add human tension to the scene
    You mean besides the human tension we got from characters like Silas or Cyborg? You know, actual characters? I got more emotion from Steppenwolf than I did from the russian family. See here why:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

accusing me of outright lying? is not.
    It is fine. You just don't like it (which I can sympathize with).
    The reason I accused you of lying was because no sane person could have seen both movies and think they are the same (but longer).
    You'd have to grossly oversimplify the entire movie making process and basically shit on dozens of peoples jobs to justify saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

Some critics should not be allowed to review movies. Somehow "far superior" = lower score.
    Your opinion on a film can evolve over time. That 3 might've become a 2 or 1.5 by 2021 and with reflection on the original film.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m 30 seconds into the movie and I already hate it.

5 minutes in... yet to have a line of dialogue.

First line around 6:20. Three words.

Actual dialogue starts around 9:20.

I’m going to enjoy hate watching this.
    The contrived manner in which the boxes are "woken" bothered me immediately.

Why didn't they wake up at the end of Man of Steel when Superman screamed after killing Zod?

The movie is still holding strong with a good score at 8.8 (8.9 previously) on IMDB with an additional 15k users.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I really can't go into how much I disagree with you without writing a whole book, so I'll just summarize it:
    What makes a movie good isn't the general story. If you boil down everything to the general story, then yes you can argue why nothing is good because in both "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "The Matrix" you have the main guy die for the rest of humanity. The general story is on the back of the DVD box (or in this case, whatever webpage you watched it on).

I'm guessing you don't actually know Lord of the Rings then?
    3 rings were forged by Celebrimbor of the Elves, not humans and not given. And those rings weren't hidden away and then later used by the baddie to enact his evil plot while he went on a quest to find them and the good guys had to keep fighting him to prevent that from happening. Honestly the only thing that connects the two is that there are 3 objects and they are powerful. That's it. If this is the kind of high-intellect movie criticism you come up with then I can understand why you felt bored.

And the "World of Men" thing has been in the Wonder Woman comics for literal decades. Yeah Lord of the Rings was a bit earlier, but is this really a negative point for a fucking movie?

You mean besides the human tension we got from characters like Silas or Cyborg? You know, actual characters? I got more emotion from Steppenwolf than I did from the russian family. See here why:

- - - Updated - - -

It is fine. You just don't like it (which I can sympathize with).
    The reason I accused you of lying was because no sane person could have seen both movies and think they are the same (but longer).
    You'd have to grossly oversimplify the entire movie making process and basically shit on dozens of peoples jobs to justify saying that.
    1. story beats are basically all the same. some details vary but its not just general summary that is the same (I watched it legally via HBO Max subscription in case you are wondering, though I think I mentioned it before)
    2. VISUALS. I'm talking about VISUALS. in case me bringing up costumes was not obvious enough, I'm talking about VISUALS. between those wide screened helicopter shots of Batman riding a horse, to the aesthetics of the world of men. the inspiration is too obvious to ignore.
    same goes for the scene in the courthouse with WW and Rammstein's Ich Will (though I also got hints of Tomas Crown in there)

and yes, it matters becasue Snyder is ALL about visuals. one of his halmarks especially when it comes to comic book movies he has done was to get visuals as close as possible to the page, up to and including slowing down the action unnecessarily, just so it looks like a comic book panel. nevermind that he also ends up missing the point of the stories he is trying to retell. look at how accurate it LOOKS! and if he likes visuals someone else came up with? well then its a homage. right? there was more then a little of Nolan's Dark Knight influence in several scenes as well. (in before it being a sequel, and all that - i am aware, but it felt, to me like more then just attempting continuity)

3. I'm glad that Steppenwolf got your sympathy. I felt none. I felt more sympathy for the village that Arthur was helping and a fisherman that did not respect the storm, then I did for Steppenwolf. I felt more sympathy for the janitor then I did for Cyborg and Silas.
    4. just because a lot of people worked on something and on individual level did varying degrees of good job, doesn't make the sum of all of their parts into something that i can not be allowed to criticize. and in the end, how to tell the story? falls on Snyder. I'm criticizing HIS choices. his decisions. when actors perform in a certain way, its generally because that is the direction they got. when scenes are lit a certain way, its with HIS approval. this movie, in the end is HIS vision. he had plenty of help to bring it to life, but it is HIS vision.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-03-18 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    We’re talking about Justice League. I don’t think it’s a bomb. I also don’t see the logic in giving a director who’s already too frivolous with budget even more money to make a bigger version that’s only going to be seen on streaming.
    And you've been told multiple times that what you think doesn't matter. The fact that it lost the studio 60m during its original theatrical run makes it a bomb.

7+ Year Old Account
    The snyder cut was rly, rly enjoyable, way better than the movie itself.

Of course there is some boring/unnecessary parts, like they spend a bit too much time, just there, standing, doing nothing, or walking/thinking, specially lois scenes, kinda breaks the mood.

I did missed some parts from the movie itself, Like Superman talking to Batman when he beat him, Diana talking to Batman helping with the armor talking about him being just human and the Aquaman part with the lasso.

Other than that, pretty decent, Characters had backstory and development, especially Flash and Cyborg, villain was better build, it made sense the whole thing of invasion, and Darkseid appear as the big bad with a coherent reason to invade earth setting what it could be continuation.

Also, the flash saving the day breaking the rule was awesome, didn't though they would use that in a movie, worth it, plus, the final scene with Joke and Deathstroke was rly something

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No way. The theatrical release in being leaner is more focused than this bloated mess.

Generally, films are much better when they are cut mercilessly. Hence the old adage of production and art creation- kill your babies.

Way too many babies in this re-cut.
    I do agree with that, but my issue with the theatrical release is not the fat trimming, but the tone shifting and and lack of consistency on the vision.

Regardless if Snyder's vision and tone are good -I mean...- IMO self consistency is bound to be technically better than a hack job with multiple fingers on the pie.

Could the Snyder Cut be better with some editing? Most likely yes. Is the Snyder Cut better than the Theatrical Release because it's more self consistence? I would say so.

Is it a good movie in either capacity?... Where does the time go! I must leave, errands, you know!?

Significantly better than the theatrical cut imo.

The theatrical cut was so disappointing that I never watched it again. I don’t feel that way with the Snydercut. Its a night and day difference. It flew by too. Didn’t feel like 4 hours.

All this movie accomplishes is proving this should have been 2 or 3 movies longer. There are some cool ideas and some better back stories, but its all still a giant mess.

Id kind of rather have that "age of heroes" movies to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The theatrical cut was just awful and felt like a throaway episode of an animated series.
    Wrong. We actually agree in the quoted part.

The theatrical movie was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new cut is decent. But whoever put the musical score together should be banned from ever working in Hollywood again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The new cut is decent. But whoever put the musical score together should be banned from ever working in Hollywood again.
    oh good its not just me. instrumentals didn't bother me as much even though they were a bit one note, but the ridiculously on the nose songs..... why????

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wrong. We actually agree in the quoted part.

The theatrical movie was terrible.
    Yes, and this version was far far better.

The movie is still holding strong with a good score at 8.8 (8.9 previously) on IMDB with an additional 15k users.
    Ever since toxic DC fanboys broke IMDB's whole top 10 permanantly just to try and get Dark Knight to number one, I take ANYTHING DC related there with a huge grain of salt.

The Snyder Cut was on 8.9 with over 10k votes before it was even released.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-03-18 at 11:57 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

oh good its not just me. instrumentals didn't bother me as much even though they were a bit one note, but the ridiculously on the nose songs..... why????
    The songs feel as if they were made for the movie.

Rotten tomatoes have now released their audience score and it is currently at 97%.

Taking all the scores from the most popular sites into consideration this movie sure does seem like a success.

Rotten tomatoes have now released their audience score and it is currently at 97%.

Taking all the scores from the most popular sites into consideration this movie sure does seem like a success.
    It's way too early to say as most of their scores are just full of spammers and bots.

Just from a sample on this forum and people I know it's obviously not really 97%. Let's not be silly here.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The songs feel as if they were made for the movie.
    they felt like someone liked songs that describe action on the screen a little too much - it didn't work for suicide squad I'm not sure why he thought it was going to work for justice league (yes I know Snyder didn't make suicide squad but that movie also thought it was a good idea to overuse descriptive songs). they were redundant and on the nose. but hey, too each their own.