Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Snyder is an awful director. I don't know why anyone thought his cut of the film would be any better than JJ's
    a) Joss Whedon did the theatrical cut.
    b) Even if you don't like Zack Snyder as a filmmaker, this version with all its flaws is still flat out better than Joss Whedon's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So you're either an idiot, or you're one of those kool-aid-drinking fan bois who will defend every aspect of your movie to the death, no matter how stupid it is.

Either way, arguing with or acknowledging you further is a gigantic waste of time. BTW, go join a cult. The ones based out of Guyana make DELICIOUS kool-aid.
    Great argument there, mate. Good to see you at peak performance.

What's kool-aid, anyway? I see that refferenced a lot by people withour arguments.

wait, hang on, are we trying to argue here that destroying a single city block that includes ONE court building in a scene that is hilariously cribbed from an old Rammstein video = destruction of law and order? did other court buildings in other cities, let alone countries seize to exist somehow? was entire police force of the entire country (or world) concentrated in that one city block? wut?

also Snyder is many things, but subtle is NOT one of them. he is especially not subtle in this movie. he just seems to be trying very very hard to show that "look - he is a serious director, he is an ARTISTE!" /eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Great argument there, mate. Good to see you at peak performance.

What's kool-aid, anyway? I see that refferenced a lot by people withour arguments.
    Too dumb to look it up? You must have the intellect of a sea cucumber. Anyway. Onto the block list you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    b) Even if you don't like Zack Snyder as a filmmaker, this version with all its flaws is still flat out better than Joss Whedon's cut.
    I actualy liked some of the earlier Snyder movies, warts and all, but this one actualy makes me appreciate theatrical cut. as bad as it was this version is just... longer. with more pretentious editing and sadder, more on the nose soundtrack.

I mean... I guess I should have expected it, given how I felt about Batman v Superman director's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Too dumb to look it up? You must have the intellect of a sea cucumber. Anyway. Onto the block list you go!
    Hey, you learned about google. And yeah. 'blocking people' is a surefire way to tell that someone is giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    they called these movies bombs?
    RotJ didn’t turn a profit.

Potter lost more money than JL.

How are they not bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wait, hang on, are we trying to argue here that destroying a single city block that includes ONE court building in a scene that is hilariously cribbed from an old Rammstein video = destruction of law and order? did other court buildings in other cities, let alone countries seize to exist somehow? was entire police force of the entire country (or world) concentrated in that one city block? wut?

also Snyder is many things, but subtle is NOT one of them. he is especially not subtle in this movie. he just seems to be trying very very hard to show that "look - he is a serious director, he is an ARTISTE!" /eyeroll
    Yes, this plan to somehow collapse all of civilization by bombing a single courthouse (and its immediate surrounding area) with mere conventional explosives gets stupider the more you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

How are they not bombs?
    RotJ made more money than it cost in its opening weekend. It made 10 times its cost over its theatrical run.

Potter cost 200 million, and made 950 million.

The definiton of a bomb is 'not breaking even during its theatrical run.'

Which part of that are you not getting, exactly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

How are they not bombs?
    You asked for a "bomb" definition, I provided it, it proved you wrong. Gonna adress it?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yes. Every country has a highest court where the final verdict in cases is spoken/made. It is usually one of the, if not the, most important point of the Judiciary.
    There is no bigger F U to send to a legal system of any country than blow up their highest court. It disrupts legal proceedings on just about every level.

Not to mention that the building and the surrounding area include not only the High Court but also the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, the Inns of Court, St Clement Danes church, The Australian High Commission, King's College London and the London School of Economics. The Central Criminal Court, widely known as the Old Bailey after its street, is about 1⁄2 mile (0.8 km) to the east.

So,yeah, it is a very important place in London and for the UK as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

yeah i meant Joss. i always confuse those 2. too many J's. I havent watched it yet, but the only thing i can think of that worse than 2 hours of justice league is 4 hours of justice league. maybe ill be impressed, though. who knows.

I actualy liked some of the earlier Snyder movies, warts and all, but this one actualy makes me appreciate theatrical cut. as bad as it was this version is just... longer. with more pretentious editing and sadder, more on the nose soundtrack.

I mean... I guess I should have expected it, given how I felt about Batman v Superman director's cut.
    That’s your call, and it’s perfectly okay. I found the theatrical cut borderline offensive, because of how lame duck it was. Nevermind the Cavill moustache, the actors were clearly disinterested during the reshoots and the film as a whole was not even worthy of a Superfriends episode.

Snyder’s version has flaws, his lack of subtlety being one of them. The pacing in some places being another despite it also being one of the film’s strengths in most places. But even then I really enjoyed the film. I wasn’t looking for some deeper meaning but just a film that does justice (wayhay) to these characters I adore. And this film did that. More so than the first two Snyder films in the DCEU. I’m happy.

I’d be happy to see a sequel to this, albeit with a better writer. Although that does seem quite unlikely. I’m also not bothered by some members on here trying to insult people who like the film. PS. You’re not one of those people.

yeah i meant Joss. i always confuse those 2. too many J's. I havent watched it yet, but the only thing i can think of that worse than 2 hours of justice league is 4 hours of justice league. maybe ill be impressed, though. who knows.
    Wait, so you haven’t even seen it? Okie doke.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Yes. Every country has a highest court where the final verdict in cases is spoken/made. It is usually one of the, if not the, most important point of the Judiciary.
    There is no bigger F U to send to a legal system of any country than blow up their highest court. It disrupts legal proceedings on just about every level.

Not to mention that the building and the surrounding area include not only the High Court but also the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, the Inns of Court, St Clement Danes church, The Australian High Commission, King's College London and the London School of Economics. The Central Criminal Court, widely known as the Old Bailey after its street, is about 1⁄2 mile (0.8 km) to the east.

does it disrupt police force? does it disrupt other countries? does it disrupt judicial proceedings outside of London to a degree that could be considered being throw several centuries back in civilization's development?

listen, i understand destroying it as an important symbol and a fuck you to the system. after all, its exactly what V did in V for Vendetta. but these terrorists were convinced that it will actualy accomplish a fall of civilization somehow?

and another thing that bothered me about that scene. the guy WW caught and help in a lasso. the way he described their group? that is how outsiders and news sources would describe them, that is NOT how actual member of organization would describe himself.

That’s your call, and it’s perfectly okay. I found the theatrical cut borderline offensive, because of how lame duck it was. Nevermind the Cavill moustache, the actors were clearly disinterested during the reshoots and the film as a whole was not even worthy of a Superfriends episode.

Snyder’s version has flaws, his lack of subtlety being one of them. The pacing in some places being another despite it also being one of the film’s strengths in most places. But even then I really enjoyed the film. I wasn’t looking for some deeper meaning but just a film that does justice (wayhay) to these characters I adore. And this film did that. More so than the first two Snyder films in the DCEU. I’m happy.

I’d be happy to see a sequel to this, albeit with a better writer. Although that does seem quite unlikely. I’m also not bothered by some members on here trying to insult people who like the film. PS. You’re not one of those people.

i never said that i had? all i said is snyder is awful director.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post

does it disrupt police force? does it disrupt other countries? does it disrupt judicial proceedings outside of London to a degree that could be considered being throw several centuries back in civilization's development?

listen, i understand destroying it as an important symbol and a fuck you to the system. after all, its exactly what V did in V for Vendetta. but these terrorists were convinced that it will actualy accomplish a fall of civilization somehow?

and another thing that bothered me about that scene. the guy WW caught and help in a lasso. the way he described their group? that is how outsiders and news sources would describe them, that is NOT how actual member of organization would describe himself.
    I chose not to worry about the ideological ramifications of the action scene, and just took it as a rescue scene. Much easier.

i never said that i had? all i said is snyder is awful director.
    You said the only thing worse than 2 hours of JL was 4 hours of JL. So, you heavily implied you had watched it.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-03-18 at 09:01 PM.

fair enough. and I will agree that for all the issues I have with it, it IS better then his previous 2 entries into DCU. its certainly more coherent then Suicide squad (I know that it wasn't Snyder who did that one, as much as I have issues with Snyder's choices, at least its never as jumbled as what David Ayer comes up with - any time I watch Ayer movie, its like I'm watching a highlight reel with parts missing)

unpopular opinion. I wish they kept Manu Bennet as Deathstroke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It is if they’re telling the truth and recognize that they’re terrorists... not every terrorist is a true believer deep down.
    he called them reactionary. and he was quite literally about to die for the cause. unless something changed recently, Lasso doesn't make you discover inner truths or insights. it makes you reveal what you believe to be true.

"It's better than the Theatrical Version!" Is something we all should agree with. Let's be united by that <3

fair enough. and I will agree that for all the issues I have with it, it IS better then his previous 2 entries into DCU. its certainly more coherent then Suicide squad (I know that it wasn't Snyder who did that one, as much as I have issues with Snyder's choices, at least its never as jumbled as what David Ayer comes up with - any time I watch Ayer movie, its like I'm watching a highlight reel with parts missing)

unpopular opinion. I wish they kept Manu Bennet as Deathstroke.

- - - Updated - - -

he called them reactionary. and he was quite literally about to die for the cause. unless something changed recently, Lasso doesn't make you discover inner truths or insights. it makes you reveal what you believe to be true.
    David Ayer is a very weird director. I haven't enjoyed any film he's made.

Manu Bennett was the best part about Arrow apart from Katie Cassidy being hot in the first season before she became the skeleton of Katie Cassidy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "It's better than the Theatrical Version!" Is something we all should agree with. Let's be united by that <3
    Similar situation to BvS with the Ultimate Edition, though I still didn't buy the motivations behind them fighting in either version of that film.