Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    RotJ made more money than it cost in its opening weekend. It made 10 times its cost over its theatrical run.

Potter cost 200 million, and made 950 million.

The definiton of a bomb is 'not breaking even during its theatrical run.'

Which part of that are you not getting, exactly?
    How is Justice League a bomb for losing $60M during its initial run and Harry Potter not a bomb for losing $137M during its initial run? Or RotJ not turning a profit during its initial run?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You asked for a "bomb" definition, I provided it, it proved you wrong. Gonna adress it?
    I have been. Repeatedly.

Jesus Christ, get your own thread for this 'bomb' discussion, guys. It's just derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "It's better than the Theatrical Version!" Is something we all should agree with. Let's be united by that <3
    No way. The theatrical release in being leaner is more focused than this bloated mess.

Generally, films are much better when they are cut mercilessly. Hence the old adage of production and art creation- kill your babies.

Way too many babies in this re-cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You said the only thing worse than 2 hours of JL was 4 hours of JL. So, you heavily implied you had watched it.
    i was speaking conceptually. learn to use context clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I haven't watched this and quite frankly don't want to waste 4 hours watching Zack Snyder masturbate onto the screen.

However, I should point the DCU has already been saved by Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman.
    As far as I've heard they given up on them being a connected universe at this point, so while Aquaman was successful they don't plan any crossover events or shared continuity between movies anymore.

Manu Bennett was the best part about Arrow apart from Katie Cassidy being hot in the first season before she became the skeleton of Katie Cassidy.
    I admit it took me that whole first season to accept Manu Bennett. But now I can't see anyone else as Deathstroke..yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No way. The theatrical release in being leaner is more focused than this bloated mess.

Generally, films are much better when they are cut mercilessly. Hence the old adage of production and art creation- kill your babies.

Way too many babies in this re-cut.
    I disagree with you, but that's okay for us to do. The theatrical cut was just awful and felt like a throaway episode of an animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i was speaking conceptually. learn to use context clues.
    Sorry, bud. You were being flippant and it's pretty easy to assume you were talking like you'd seen it.

No need to try and imply that people were too dumb to recognise that you were being 'conceptual'.

Jesus Christ, get your own thread for this 'bomb' discussion, guys. It's just derailing the thread.
    We’re talking about Justice League. I don’t think it’s a bomb. I also don’t see the logic in giving a director who’s already too frivolous with budget even more money to make a bigger version that’s only going to be seen on streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    as bad as it was this version is just... longer. with more pretentious editing and sadder, more on the nose soundtrack.
    People who say this shouldn't be allowed to talk about movies. How you can think it's the same movie when:

1. the villain has completely different motivations
    2. flash has more character building
    3. cyborg has a backstory and more character building
    4. they don't waste time on an unrelated russian family
    5. Darkseid appears at all
    6. the story surrounding the mother boxes gets a proper explanation
    7. Batman's character arc gets resolved
    8. Martian Manhunter and Joker are in it
    9. The Flash isn't just comic relief but actually saves the day

I could go on, but it's clear you just didn't watch the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, Gamespot gave it 3/10. 54% Metacritic score. General conclusion: Steppenwolf fleshed out much better but movie is still a mess. New characters bring nothing, CGI still abhorrent.
    2 sources? That's it?
    Critics suck. They gave Ghostbusters 2016 a good score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People who say this shouldn't be allowed to talk about movies. How you can think it's the same movie when:

Agree, one thing that annoyed me was the overuse of slow-mos, otherwise movie is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

7+ Year Old Account
    2 sources? That's it?
    No, Metacritic is not a single source. Also, why do people say "critics suck" each time they have different movie opinions?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it, it wasn't perfect but it didn't have to be. Would love for them to continue the series building on this but that probably won't happen.

Few moments made me feel a bit weird though, like when Wonder Woman decides to do her bracelet thing to take out that last terrorist and in doing so blow up part of the building instead of just.. disarming him or something Also the soundtrack was weird at some points, did Snyder not get permission to use some tracks or something?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

No, Metacritic is not a single source. Also, why do people say "critics suck" each time they have different movie opinions?
    I say it every time because I never trust critics. Too many times have they not aligned with what the audience likes.
    Metacritic counts as a single source because it aggregates critics. At least Rotten Tomatoes has the decency to add audience score.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I really enjoyed it, it wasn't perfect but it didn't have to be. Would love for them to continue the series building on this but that probably won't happen.

Few moments made me feel a bit weird though, like when Wonder Woman decides to do her bracelet thing to take out that last terrorist and in doing so blow up part of the building instead of just.. disarming him or something Also the soundtrack was weird at some points, did Snyder not get permission to use some tracks or something?
    They did overuse the wonder woman "aaaaaaaaa" track. Also what was up with sniffing aquamans sweater?

We’re talking about Justice League. I don’t think it’s a bomb. I also don’t see the logic in giving a director who’s already too frivolous with budget even more money to make a bigger version that’s only going to be seen on streaming.
    1. I don't care if the film was a bomb. You guys also started derailing by exclusively discussing what a 'bomb' means.
    2. Snyder actually has always stuck to the budgets in his films, and actually brought them in ahead of schedule in the past.
    3. Snyder also isn't responsible for them wasting a ton of money on the reshoots to what was an already shot film, given the fact that this version has only 5 minutes of new footage.
    4. As far as the 'only seen on streaming' argument is concerned...every Marvel and Star Wars TV show will have a good budget and will only be on Disney+.

Name a single time when he went overbudget or wasted money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post

I know it'll be expensive, but they should shut up and just do a direct to streaming mini-series for the '2nd and 3rd film'. Keep it Elseworlds.

It would also be a sick AF launchpad for proper Elseworlds and standalone stories on HBOMax. Maybe one day someone will do Kingdom Come.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Agree, one thing that annoyed me was the overuse of slow-mos, otherwise movie is good
    I dislike the slow-mo when it's used to slow down a single attack and make it look artsy. When it's used for important shots or to make the Batmobile look cool it's fine.

I dislike the slow-mo when it's used to slow down a single attack and make it look artsy. When it's used for important shots or to make the Batmobile look cool it's fine.
    As someone who didn't care too much for Man of Steel and BvS but liked Watchmen, I've just learned to accept it as a design flaw in Snyder's style.

- - - Updated - - -

2 sources? That's it?
    in a nutshell its still the same movie.

"notice me, senpai motivation" is.. ok if you like it. still same general actions, just more pathetic. IMO
    yes i appreciated seeing Iris West and a bit more humanizing of the Flash, but her appearance as well as joker, and MM just bloated the movie even more then it was already bloated.
    holy exposition batman on the boxes, but in the end, still the same result.
    extended amazon fight but if felt like it could use a LOT of cutting in editing, heck all of the scenes did.
    lord of the rings ripoff of being given the rings, except its hiding the motherboxes. especially the part with "world of men" in the woods - I was half convinced they reused the costumes, or at the very least designed them that way.
    they may not have wasted time on a russian family, but dear god did they waste time on just about everything else. at least that russian family was there to add human tension to the scene, I'm still trying to figure out what was the point of that extended acapella islandic song that Batman just stood and listened to for some reasons, other then it sounded cool, I guess. I will give you Cyborg. he did get more development. in theatrical cut he was just kinda.. there.

it took me most of the day to watch this with a LOT of pausing for breaks and I pretty much ended up working on a craft project as I did because it was too... damn... boring.. otherwise.

P.S. random favorite part. it actualy has timestamps for each part. for easier skipping pleasure should you want to. I cannot think of anything else I watched on HBO recently that was so drawn out, that it came with its own timestamps

Man, I'm looking over my favourite scenes again and honestly it's shocking how much I sympathize with Steppenwolf.

Spoilers below since I don't know how to hide them

During the first interaction we see with Desaad, when he looks down a bit and goes "Desaad. I fall before you. Let me make a plea, to Him". You can tell how much he wants to go back home. The saddened look on his face when he's reminded that he needs to conquer 50.000 more worlds. The way his throat closes up during those moments of emotion, and how his armor reacts to his mood.

I felt genuinely bad for him when he died.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2021-03-18 at 10:39 PM.