Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They need to add a lot more powers buffing different abilities, because for many specs there's only one "path" to completing something like layer 8 TC. Make it more like D2 where you can target specific ability buffs to come up with cool varied builds.

One thing I was thinking about:

You know that feeling (especially on alts) when your run goes flawlessly and then you die 6 times on last boss beause there is nothing you an do to beat it? I think there should be determination buff for last boss - every time you die you get +% damage, hp and healing. That way you would be rewarded for having no deaths through your smooth run and you wouldn't have this hopeless feeling of "great, whole run wasted because there is nothing i can do to beat this final boss so I will just die 5 times and leave frustrated".

Add powers that give abilities of class X to class Y, and let those abilities scale with the primary stat of the character.
    Powers are too focused around the class that you're playing.

Institute some stuff from other roguelikes...

Add a Re-Roll item on Venari so that if you get a few crap powers you can lets say pay some phantasma to reroll your selections..or give you limited rerolls

More variety would be nice

and the big one...allow us to trade Soul Ash for either gold, stigia or anima...there comes a point where Soul Ash just isn't useful anymore and being able to trade at least the ash we get in the end for something else would be a damned godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Add powers that give abilities of class X to class Y, and let those abilities scale with the primary stat of the character.
    Powers are too focused around the class that you're playing.
    Sounds good in theory, but in reality you'd be sitting looking at your bars trying to fit all these new abilities into keybinds. They'd have to let you swap one of your abilities out for that of another class somehow, that's the only way I would see such a thing working.

for mage.. what we need is just more powers tbh.

every single run is so similar. You stack on whatever few options there is that gives passive dmg (boring, id get rid of all int increases right away). and you go for the one unique combo we got wich is the invis combo... (its not like we are giving anything up for it, its either take that or a fucking mawrat power...)

1. Id make most of not all powers be something that alters the way we play and how our abilities function. No % dmg increases or % mainstat increases. Fuck that!
    Cd reducitons are fine, cast while moving effects are fine, various ways of recovering hp is fine (on kill, on hit, or tied to specific casts).
    Some examples of powers i like, Fireblast knoup, spellweaver, curious miasma, mirror image from blinking, any cd reduction stuff, the timewarp imporvments, the invis oneshot power...
    What we need more are stuff like, singletarget ability X now cleaves, or Aoe ability Y now also grips mobs towards it center or roots etc but has Z seconds cd. Or Ability X is castable while moving, or during Ability Y's duration your other abilitys are empowered in some way (and again not just % dmg increase, functionally empowered).

2. Instead of your spells has a chance to deal X frost dmg, id make them actually proc a frost ability. Like cone of cold, or frozen orb, or cometstorm or a blizzard...
    Anything beats a nameless proc that doesnt even have a visual. It doesnt even have to be locked within classes. Let a demonhunter have a chance to proc sindragozas wrath on hit. (it could shuffle from all known frostabilities from all classes).
    Same with the shadowdot power, why an invisible shadowdot when it could be litteraly any warlock ability proccing.

3. Another change id make would be more monsters but weaker ones. No1 enjoys fighting 3-4 mobs with high hp that takes forever to kill and ahve annoying interupts. Its not hard, its just killing your pace. better to design packs of 10-20 mobs that are weaker but still about equally threatening. The entire place would feel laittle more like the brd torch room, a little more chaos and a little more hack nd slash style of gameplay.

4. The elites should have avoidable abilities, now they are just glorified targetdummys that runs towards you. Make them into something that has the player actually avoiding abilities.

5. Also id change the format of twisting corridors to an endless mode, only you have a capped number of powers so after floor 18 your gonna have to be picky with what you pick up and what you replace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Sounds good in theory, but in reality you'd be sitting looking at your bars trying to fit all these new abilities into keybinds. They'd have to let you swap one of your abilities out for that of another class somehow, that's the only way I would see such a thing working.
    They could come as a proc. like "every 5th frostbolt will shoot breath of sindragosa at your target", "your shadoword death also casts a shadowfury at the target" or "you have bladeflurry during metamorph". Something along those lines. Theres so many fun and possible combinations one could come up with Even something generic like a proc that does another class ability would be amazing. Immagine a rouge all of a sudden proccing a frozen orb randomly
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-02-16 at 01:13 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Endless mode, so my character power does not get reset when I start having fun.
    Literally my only problem with it - too short.

I'd delete it and toss out the Maw right after that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Its funny people are asking for Stygia to drop from torghast, because that is literally islands and AP then - small dmg gains for massive grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id probably remove it as any sort of mandatory content for gear and story progression.

Give it loot other than soul ash and angel bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes have some incredibly boring powers that makes the general run little more than just a long dungeon and less of a powerfiesta that torghast was designed to be.

More cosmetic\interesting rewards.

Less mobs that just disappear or constantly jump away from you (the floor bosses with crossbows are so annoying, disengaging into the portal)

Ability to save Twisted Corridor progress (if only for that week).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Its funny people are asking for Stygia to drop from torghast, because that is literally islands and AP then - small dmg gains for massive grinds.
    Not everyone had problem with Islands tho.
    If torghast was only longer I would be doing much more of it.

I'd shorten the floors, make it have less "fluff", give what's left actual mechanics and remove the enrage-type mechanic from the end boss. At the moment I find torgast incredibly boring as the whole place just feels like a DPS race/gear check with very basic mechanics.

I'd add an item to Venari that allowed you to teleport to the final boss at any point during the run. I'm long past the point of needing to grind powers to complete a floor, & as I don't play a stealth class... A skip would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    AP was endless, sockets very much aren't.

I'd like to see cosmetic items (like Maw themed weapons), mounts and additional pets added as rewards from random treasures, rares and end bosses.

In addition I'd like to see a currency that stays inbetween runs so you can farm towards specific rewards.

Much like Island Expeditions towards the end of BFA now that I think of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Some good stuff:

Teleporting to the final boss when you want is actually sort of interesting.

Actually I think the #1 problem with Torghast is that you can be progressing pretty reasonably...and then hit a brick wall at the final boss.

Being able to save progress would be good.

And although there are things that reduce RNG...I mean who is waiting to hit top rep on Ven'ari to run Torghast?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I was gonna do Torghast outside getting leggos to get the whole crafted transmog set. But then realized the leggo tmogs isn't tmogs(yet).

So got no real incentive to it. I barely do it as it is now, only for legendaries. It's all about what powers you get and no real skill thing. Rather do mythic+ which works the same way. Mass aoe. If it had some wit to it I wouldn't need incentive either. I just use my time in game on stuff I really enjoy.

it needs mutual exclusive choices, more interesting powers and give some anima/stygia.

right now every floor is basically a straight line, there needs to be "go left or right" stuff. with all the things like maybe left is safer but longer vs right.

at blizzcon they said "look at this cool power, rats explode, and it look at this power that makes charge reset cooldown if you charge a rat, wow cool gameplay". if that was 1 example of a dozen such powers it would have been cool, but that's basically the only power like that. all the regular spec powers are mostly just some variant of bigger numbers.

and lastly, i don't really need soul ash any more (and i doubt i can save up for next patch, they gonna reset that stuff for sure), so if they want me to keep doing it a quick fix is to make it give a decent chunk of some other currency.