Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the scariest moment in a video game you've ever had?

I would say pretty much every moment in death by daylight .

when I was a kid, probably 12, playing Resident Evil 2 and the licker jumped through the interrogation glass. pretty sure everyone in the neighborhood heard me scream.

This one is easy, playing Devil May Cry, sneaking through on of the levels, quiet and pitch black in my house, and one of the demons crashes through a doorway or a wall and I screamed and woke up my wife. Good times. Was the first video game I got to play on a BIG Screen TV so it was all the more in your face

10+ Year Old Account
    The haunted piano from Mario 64 on the Big Boos Haunt stage is still to this day the biggest jump scare I have had in a video game lol. I know its fucking Mario but still that moment nearly killed me as a kid that I had to pause the game and take a moment lol

I can still get scared of many video games today but none have made me jump as much as this moment, and I was 13 years old, so it wasnt like I was super young or nothing lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-19 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil 7 Kitchen Demo on PS4 with VR. It was 2am and i was drunk and alone. I don't had a clue what to expect.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say pretty much every moment in death by daylight .
    Do you ever actually read any of the countless threads you litter across an equally large number of forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    10 year old me would get slightly creeped out by the Arch-Viles in Doom 2
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    playing multiplayer Giants: Citizen Kabuto with a kabuto player. Hearing those stomping feat approach from behind was terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

When I was young I was on the last stage of Ghost n' Goblins on NES. I paused the game and left the NES on overnight so I could flip the game in the morning.

The tension was unreal. I barely slept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Do you ever actually read any of the countless threads you litter across an equally large number of forums?

Nope, and I'm fairly convinced it's a bot. 322 posts and they are just 322 threads spammed. Either copies of previous threads or such low effort "what is your secret hobby" or "what is your favorite number" shit used to collect data on human beings. This one-and-done posting been happening for over a year.

Couple of things in the F.E.A.R.
    Alma was not a nice girl.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was a game called O.D.T I played years ago on PS1. Much of the game was just atmospherically weird and had quite a few jumpscare parts.

I don't really get "scared" from games or movies, etc., but I guess there are some more minor examples.

As a kid, when nintendo 8bit was new thing, I played game called shadowgate. I was for some reason afraid of the death scene. That skeleton reaper was scary...

If we ignore being a child with strange fears then there are far fewer things. Not really "scary", but stuff I avoided because it was ... lets say "disturbing".

One of these examples is in Max Payne (or whatever the twist of the words was for the game name). One of the story portions where you are supposedly being drugged to death and you run in the blood trail dreamscape where you hear baby crying. When you take wrong path the baby cry turns from crying to different kind of sound, like screaming. I disliked that sound.

All of these examples are from relatively old games. There are basically none from anywhere more recent times.

Scary as in... being truly afraid when playing a game? Then that would be when I was a kid playing Super Mario 64 and I heard Bowser's laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Couple of things in the F.E.A.R.
    Alma was not a nice girl.
    Ohh god yes, creepy game and I SO much liked the series.

Getting chased by a brute in Amnesia after trying to escape the sewers. The game had a lot of unsettling moments, this in particular had my hands shaking.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    when I was a kid, probably 12, playing Resident Evil 2 and the licker jumped through the interrogation glass. pretty sure everyone in the neighborhood heard me scream.
    This is probably the moment that lives with me the most. Pretty much the same age too.

I don't think I was that loud, but I literally threw the controller across the room.

Probably the Pyramid Head/Mannequin scene in Silent Hill 2
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

First time in Fatal Frame you run to another room to escape an enemy like in any survival horror and the ghost just passes through the door and follows you shat me up when i was like 12.

playing WoW SL. looking at all the stuff. realizing its Legion 3.0 and more of the same. scaaaaarred!!!!