Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OG Resident Evil, when those goddamn dogs first appeared.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I don't really get "scared" from games or movies, etc., but I guess there are some more minor examples.

As a kid, when nintendo 8bit was new thing, I played game called shadowgate. I was for some reason afraid of the death scene. That skeleton reaper was scary...

If we ignore being a child with strange fears then there are far fewer things. Not really "scary", but stuff I avoided because it was ... lets say "disturbing".

One of these examples is in Max Payne (or whatever the twist of the words was for the game name). One of the story portions where you are supposedly being drugged to death and you run in the blood trail dreamscape where you hear baby crying. When you take wrong path the baby cry turns from crying to different kind of sound, like screaming. I disliked that sound.

All of these examples are from relatively old games. There are basically none from anywhere more recent times.
    Exactly this from Max Payne is the only "exposure" I've had to the game and what I remember. Freaked the hell out of me.

Probably the Broodmother in Dragon Age: Origins. That was some messed up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say pretty much every moment in death by daylight .
    When i was like 9 and doing the spirit temple in ocarina of time, I got scared as heck when the thing i thought was a statue started moving when i hit it.

That’s the thing that pops up when i think scary moment any way.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The one where you turn around to start climbing down and Alma is like half a meter from your face? Then Fettel is right in front of you when you do finish the climb and turn again?
    Thats the one haha.

Back in TBC when i first started playing WoW.I was questing in Terrokar Forest and i accepted a quest "Terrokarantula".Almost pissed my pants when i saw that giant elite spider.I am an arachnopobic and my heart was beating like crazy fighting that thing.

Just 2. The Butcher jump scare in the original Diablo. Was expecting something but not that. The other was just the unsettling nature of the original Silent Hill. Had to legitimately play with the lights on.

Can say nothing else I've played has been remotely scary.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't really scary but was a jump scare which had the desired effect. Playing through Doom 3 and getting to the first 'Pinky' encounter where it's hammering against the door so obviously I had my guns trained on the door only for it to run to the side and jump through the fucking window to my right.

That creepy cat village in Shadow Hearts. The VERY FIRST town. Man that freaked me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first Left for Dead. Went into it knowing nothing so was not expecting hordes of zombies to bum rush me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clive Barker's Undying : Definitely the father of jump scare games. I was on my toes the whole time..
    Dragon Age Origins : A strange fear overcame me at the moment where i had to choose what to do with the witch and her pregnancy. First time in all games i played i was blended in with the dilema as if it was reality. It was because i was going to be a father myself in real life soon for the first time so a scary moment for the choice inside the game and outside of it hahah.
    Doom 1 and 2 : all the times a secret wall opened behind me and i was attacked by a monster. Also the attack/aggro voice of the minotaur monsters .

i think it was OG resident evil when that undead boss thing would seemingly randomly apear.

Doom 3. I used to like to play it in the dark at night. Stuff would jump out at you. I loved that doom 3 felt like a combination of Horror, survival, and action game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    OG Resident Evil, when those goddamn dogs first appeared.
    This 100%!! I was playing in a dark room and screamed and woke my mom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Resident Evil 2. You're in a small, rectangular room with a one-way mirror on one of the long sides. Your goal is an item on a rack at the end of the room. After you grab the item, you turn around, take a step or two, and one of those monster-fuck-is-that things jumps through the mirror and cuts off your escape. Scared the shit out of me.

5+ Year Old Account
    The very first Alone in the Dark, when you have to go into the library of the manor and all of a sudden a ghost jumps on you... I distinctly remember it being the dead of night at that moment, so I almost crapped my pants rofl.

And of course, the D2 cinematic when Diablo breaks the body he was possessing and jumps straight into the portal to Hell. His "NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME" is still priceless :3
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Data file corrupted'

Kids these days don't know the struggle of memory cards and shotty on board memory.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say probably that beginning part in the first Dead Space when everything is calm and cool and everything is normal and then all of a sudden shit starts happening and you get chased by a xenomorph and you're running to get to the elevator and he's like right behind you and you barely make it. Not that it was "scary" but it was intense as fuck and had my heart racing.

There was probably some other ones too but that one sticks out in my mind the most.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I think it has to be Bioshock Infinite when the game, for some reason, turned into a survival horror. I hit the switch to let Elizabeth through a door, then tried to back up to start walking again but couldn't, I said "why can't I back up?" turned around and one of those creatures screamed at me. I yelled and unloaded an entire magazine. My friend on voice said "wtfs going on?!".

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    oh my god, I remember that. I opened the door, heard him say that said "nope" and i closed the door. Then I couldnt open it again cause he was on the other side.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.