Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs down What do you think about Cancel Culture affecting the Right?

On big tech platforms, many who show and/or support even the slightest right wing traits get censored, ridiculed, bullied, suspended, and even banned. While there are some who do the same for the Left, they are outweighed by Left's big tech companies such as Twitter and Instagram.

While I am not Left or Right I think some forms of Cancel Culture have been too extreme. Everyone has their opinion but we shouldn't go as far to shutting down everything we disagree with
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancel culture is the only issue the right cares about... The fact that it’s a figment of their imagination, created by an obsession with meme culture, is just gravy...

You can’t expect me to say something new, on a topic that gets brought up daily. If the right cared about healthcare, as much as they do about victim hood of being a shitheel, we wouldn’t just have universal coverage... it would be the best and most expansive in the world.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I only see clown right wingers crying about "cancel culture." Can't empathize with nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Cancel culture is the only issue the right cares about... The fact that it’s a figment of their imagination, created by an obsession with meme culture, is just gravy...

You can’t expect me to say something new, on a topic that gets brought up daily. If the right cared about healthcare, as much as they do about victim hood of being a shitheel, we wouldn’t just have universal coverage... it would be the best and most expansive in the world.
    This. Can't really sum it up better.

Twitter and Instagram are Left-leaning companies? I didn't realize that. I thought they were just companies.

Although, they are people so they have the freedom of speech and can do whatever they want on their platforms. The system is working perfectly according to the US Constitution and recent case law about companies and will not change aside from a Constitutional Amendment, which is not likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    support even the slightest right wing traits get censored, ridiculed, bullied, suspended, and even banned.
    I have had this as my Twitter background for more than 5 years... nothing of what you listed, happened to me... why is that?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    slightest right wing traits
    Which traits are those?

And no, Gina Carano is not going to fuck you no matter how many times y'all try to white knight her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And no, Gina Carano is not going to fuck you no matter how many times y'all try to white knight her.
    Idiots... I am nagging her into the bedroom...

10+ Year Old Account
    On big tech platforms, many who show and/or support even the slightest right wing traits get censored, ridiculed, bullied, suspended, and even banned.
    No. They don't. This literally does not happen. It's a persecution complex invented by abusive people who either refuse to or are constitutionally incapable of taking any shred of personal responsibility for their own abusive and hurtful conduct.

While there are some who do the same for the Left, they are outweighed by Left's big tech companies such as Twitter and Instagram.
    Also false.

This shit is just an empty lie. There is no double standard, no hypocrisy. No "cancel culture". Just dickhead, nasty people being treated as if they're dickhead, nasty people.

"I am not left or right" is just a fancy way of saying "I'm very right wing"

On big tech platforms, many who show and/or support even the slightest right wing traits get censored, ridiculed, bullied, suspended, and even banned. While there are some who do the same for the Left, they are outweighed by Left's big tech companies such as Twitter and Instagram.

While I am not Left or Right I think some forms of Cancel Culture have been too extreme. Everyone has their opinion but we shouldn't go as far to shutting down everything we disagree with
    This sounds like a false premise to me.

"Anyone who shows even the slightest support of right-wing traits"? I see and hear right-wing people everywhere, all the time. The only ones getting "censored" are the radical extremists.

And left-leaning companies sounds like an oxymoron to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

For the fourth quarter of 2020 the unemployment rate is:
    Total - 6.5%
    White - 5.8%
    Black - 9.9%
    Asian - 6.7%
    Hispanic - 8.7%

This is the real cancel culture. Not that the OP or other conservative shitposters care about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    we shouldn't go as far to shutting down everything we disagree with
    Let me know when that starts happening.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account

It's an act of desperation. The left knows that if their ideas come into contact with other ideas then their arguments will eventually lose the debate. So they've given up on letting multiple ideas exist and simply try to make it so that their positions seem like the only acceptable position. It won't work though because even in a circle jerk environment it's inevitable that people will begin to doubt their ideology and wonder why the leftist utopia they want is never able to be realized.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    And left-leaning companies sounds like an oxymoron to me.
    The liberals are working with corporate American to make the communism, don't'cha know?

Also, it's pretty hilarious listening to a bunch of right wing pussies whine about how they're treated now that they've lost the cultural zeitgeist. No one is interested in surrendering anything to you, boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The left knows that if their ideas come into contact with other ideas
    You do realise that "the left" is not a monolith and that the idea that there's uniformity of opinion is a) laughable and b) just telling as to how far to the right you are that the left appears as a monolith, yeah?

It's not a function of ideological uniformity or defensibility - left wingers aren't the ones having to stoke doubts about the validity of natural science because it doesn't support their ideology, for instance, in the same way that you have right wingers doing so because of shit like climate change. It's a function of the right wing in this country drifting to such a far extreme.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-02-16 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Which traits are those?

I think my favorite answer to this was a post I saw on Twitter.

"Gino Carano got banned for right-wing views!"
    "What, like support for deregulation and lower government spending?"
    "No, not those right-wing views."
    "Then which views did she get banned for?"
    "Oh, you know which ones."

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservatism lends itself to 'canceling' ideas outside of the norm by definition. You're conservative because you believe in slow change, if any. You believe in the 'established norms' and being as close to those norms as possible. Acceptance and tolerance is not in the game plan - 80% of them can't accept what people do in their own time behind their own doors.

They don't like that they are not controlling the room. They feel like they should be the ones who get to say what passes and what doesn't.

Also like stated, you can't make people be around you if you start saying/doing shit that they don't agree with. You want to shout xyz, do it, but don't be surprised when I say I don't spend my time on people who scream xyz.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Please explain to me why any company should let right wing terrorists have free reign on their platform. The right wing keeps complaining about cancel culture but none of you want to to talk about the elephant in the room which is the people who are on these platforms. I don't see you making posts whining about ISIS not getting heard.

They aren't being cancelled or censored, they are fucking themselves over by breaking the Terms of Service.

You are a Trump supporter, we know this, you can't lie your way through this bullshit.