Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    over all best moment was when blizzard decided to nerf sub after wod. thus pulling the welcome rug under your feet away from you kocking you on the floor. for legion.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Stacking up on that vanish powder and harassing paladins on Argus, that was great fun.
    Well, not just paladins. And not just on Argus.

Literally every time I cap a flag while the defender watches, helplessly sapped. Or better yet - grabbing the Darkmoon/Gurubashi chest that way. Let the salty whispers roll.

Separating the weakest enemy from the zerg. Waiting until the others have moved on and then striking him down with all my burst.
    Unnecessarily vicious but very wholesome, in a rogue kind of way.

There's millions of moments! That's why rogue will forever be the best class for part-time assholes.

The rogue class is what got me into WoW 16 years ago.

I never liked the idea of hybrid classes and I would have never even tried one in this game. What playing a Rogue teached me, is how favourable hybrid specs are in this game and how unsatisfactory is it to play a pure DPS class. The assurance that number tuning was at least a given for a pure DPS was just a myth and only true for a very small part of the game. Interesting class mechanics, interesting roles in pvp or pve and even the most broken states of a game were given to hybrids since vanilla. I pumped many hundred of days /played into my rogue "main" over time and it helped me a lot to try and appreciate hybrid classes in this game.

Starting with a rogue and maining it as long as I did was the best thing ever. Playing my now hybrid "main" in PVP, PVE or in the endless grind of the past or current game is just pure enjoyment. It doesnt matter what buffs/nerfs are current, it doesnt matter what the current tuning is. Time and time again the game will allways balance out and the grass is not only greener on the hybrid side, it is greener for 16 years.
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-04-06 at 06:51 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The rogue class is what got me into WoW 16 years ago.

I never liked the idea of hybrid classes and I would have never even tried one in this game. What playing a Rogue teached me, is how favourable hybrid specs are in this game and how unsatisfactory is it to play a pure DPS class. The assurance that number tuning was at least a given for a pure DPS was just a myth and only true for a very small part of the game. Interesting class mechanics, interesting roles in pvp or pve and even the most broken states of a game were given to hybrids since vanilla. I pumped many hundred of days /played into my rogue "main" over time and it helped me a lot to try and appreciate hybrid classes in this game.

Starting with a rogue and maining it as long as I did was the best thing ever. Playing my now hybrid "main" in PVP, PVE or in the endless grind of the past or current game is just pure enjoyment. It doesnt matter what buffs/nerfs are current, it doesnt matter what the current tuning is. Time and time again the game will allways balance out and the grass is not only greener on the hybrid side, it is greener for 16 years.
    I sometimes feel giddy when I make some salty. But reading your post, the devs must be having the time of their lives!

Been playing both rogues, and shamans, and druids... All I can say is "eh".

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    over all best moment was when blizzard decided to nerf sub after wod. thus pulling the welcome rug under your feet away from you kocking you on the floor. for legion.
    funny how noone talks about this.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Mine was original naxramas - when we got tricks of the trade for the first time.
    Pre tricks you could guarantee we would get aggro in some form after pulling.
    At the time raiding Nax we was maybe 3-4 rogues and we would together pick someone - usually someone not so high a damage meters and give them tricks and imagining their face as they wtf why did i get aggro and die.
    At some point the raid leaders cottoned on and put a stop to it- but ive never laughed so hard in wow since then.

good memories. i have lost all interest in playing rogue now. the only thing to do in wow is just sit in town now.

sub should be better made with 70%-90% wins 1vs1 spec and strat competitive success. that's worth subbing to the game for. blizzard too stupid to realize.

Really enjoyed assassination in BFA. Doing dungeons with the shrouded suffocation trait and echoing blades at the end of the expac when the stats were ridiculous was very fun.

Coming in to shadowlands and losing these traits and stats just killed the spec. Yea I know it's not doing bad damage now, but it's not a fun spec to play. Especially in dungeons, it's just slow and frustrating.

Benched...

Pretty much any time I played the class pre-legion I had a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

pre legion rogue was the finest class to play.

I don't remember a "best time" in particular but I could put it like this:

WOD was undoubtedly the expansion that I had the most fun with PVP.

Shadow Reflection was undoubtedly the best talent my Rogue has ever had. If I didn't kill the player with my "combo" my clone (SR) would copy my clone and kill him. If Blizzard puts the SR talent for $ 100 in the game store, I buy it.

Legion is undoubtedly an expansion that I can't just curse because it is in Legion that (in my opinion) Rogue had the best xmogs (and I love xmogs). The mythic Tier -19 is in my opinion the best Rogue xmog of all time (and if the game store sold a 100% full black version of this Tier and asked for my Kidney in return ... I think we would have a deal).

The artefact weapons are still in my opinion THE MOST BEAUTIFUL daggers we have ...and it all came from Legion.
    So, sorry but, I can't join you guys who hate Legion that much.

And finally in
    BFA we had the creation of Warmode (and if you are a casual PVP player who has fun attacking other players around the map in the open world, like me) you might agree that Warmode is one of the 3 best things that happened in this game .

oh my god canceling my subscription never felt better..

at least things were simple back then playing rogue.

rogues don't let them take your memories.

wow is dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    wow is dead now.
    That's nice Billy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    just look into other classes, how and what new abilites look and feel like -

nerfing rogue into the ground only for cheap "shiny rogue" d4 release, when everyone will be playing lost arc online because d4 < loa
    love WoWarcraft

only thing blizzard knows how to do now is ruin a good game to play.

I remember back in Cata I was playing a rogue in Twin Peaks and ended up getting the Cloud Nine achievement without realizing it was even a thing, just because I was playing defense for once.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."