Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Players: I wish Blizzard would make a new IP

    Also players after Blizzard unveils a new IP: Fuck that shit, just remake the old shit when you guys didn't suck at making video games
    Yes, no doubt those are the same people for each occasion.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Yes, no doubt those are the same people for each occasion.
    The point is that trying to appease this awful fucking community should be the least of Blizzard's worries. The smug arm chair game developers on this forum will shit on them regardless.

  3. #63
    With classic being as dead as it is now, I don't see Blizzard investing much more time into the classic version. No way Blizzcon would not have some kind of hype around retail version.

  4. #64
    I'm amazed at people taking this rumor to be the only things talked about at Blizzcon, like if it isn't mentioned, then there won't be any new SL info. This tweet might be accurate, it might not, its still just speculation, and doesn't cover everything planned. Pretty sure after the Diablo Immortal fiasco, they are just going to talk about mobile products for existing franchises.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You know what, Il bite. Maybe you are right. I have seen the game since alpha 2004 till now. Its direction is cringe to say the least. Its not a matter of not liking the game.. nah. Its not hard to see the game is lacking.
    Mmmm maybe what you enjoyed about it - the game is largely the same but then you've changed?
    I've played since I think 1.5.0 and always played the game on/off myself.

    Shadowlands felt really good to me when I played but Retail has felt fundamentally like a very different kind of game to Wotlk/TBC. Every expansion since MOP I feel has had a 2 month glow, and then it drops off and people think its fundamentally flawed in some way, shape or form. My takeaway from that is i'm not really a WoW fan anymore. I enjoy the game but i dont love it unendingly like I used to do, and maybe thats the difference I feel? Idk if that resonates.

    I mean BfA felt like Season 8 of GOT. I think Shadowlands is a fundamentally flawed lore concept and the changes to Mythic+ gearing was probably the #1 reason I quit it again.

  6. #66
    So, nothing we didn't know about. They're mainly offering remasters for the rest of the year it seems. Not terribly impressed.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Well..if you live under a rock perhaps..otherwise:"Until last year, the Diablo II remake was set to be developed by Blizzard’s Team 1, part of the company’s Irvine, California, campus that had become known for reworking classic games. Its most recent release, in January 2020, was a remake called Warcraft III: Reforged. The title was poorly received due to glitches and missing features, earning 59 out of 100 points on the review aggregator Metacritic — the lowest score a Blizzard game has ever gotten. "
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sic-games-team
    When has Blizzard EVER said they are working on a D2 remaster? Rumours and Leaks are not official announcement. D2:R is most likely a year or more away from release and that's why it's not announced.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Huh? Why would you expect tons of Diablo 4 stuff, it's prob not out for another 2+ years and we're getting the quaterly updates. Also what's wrong with Shadowlands? From my perspective it's been considered one of the best expansions to date.

    What exactly is it that you feel is wrong with Shadowlands that you wish they changed?
    Let me just say that I'm fed up with using my Follower tab.. wait, I mean Mission.. waaait... Callings table. I'm fed up with upgrading my borrowed power item i.e. our Artifact we.... no wait, the neck.. nono, I obviously mean the Covenant and Condits tree. But at least they changed how World Quests worked that's been the same for 3 expansions, hmm.. actually no, that is also a 100% copy paste.
    On top of all that, reputation grind is pointless (nothing worth grinding for), Sanctum upgrade is pointless as you get nothing interesting for it, the zones are meh at best with the only thing shining bright is the raid instance.

    So yeah, I've played same expansion since I built my first Garrison I feel like! They intoduced World Quests, Mission table, Borrowed powers with its grind and basically ALL these core features are 100% identical from expansion to expansion with only a graphical change.

    Shadowlands feels like the most copy/pasted expansion ever, NOTHING is new, refreshing or changed around, it's a direct copy of previous expansion's features with new UI.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Mmmm maybe what you enjoyed about it - the game is largely the same but then you've changed?
    I've played since I think 1.5.0 and always played the game on/off myself.

    Shadowlands felt really good to me when I played but Retail has felt fundamentally like a very different kind of game to Wotlk/TBC. Every expansion since MOP I feel has had a 2 month glow, and then it drops off and people think its fundamentally flawed in some way, shape or form. My takeaway from that is i'm not really a WoW fan anymore. I enjoy the game but i dont love it unendingly like I used to do, and maybe thats the difference I feel? Idk if that resonates.

    I mean BfA felt like Season 8 of GOT. I think Shadowlands is a fundamentally flawed lore concept and the changes to Mythic+ gearing was probably the #1 reason I quit it again.
    Yea, it had its ups and downs for me in terms of fun. I never cared for leveling or alts for example, that is why its hard to see all all the praises about shadowlands which is mostly abou the qol changes made to the game and not what thr game is actually offering. Its been mostly the same every year. Maybe the time has come afther 16 years that its over, but if I have to compare it to other mmo. Just feels like blizzard or wow is lacking on so many fronts that its not even funny anymore. Getting bit off topic here, but there is a sense of truth in what you say.. you get older, the world starts to get smaller and it takes more to get me excited these days on wow.

    Pvp vendors, more diverse with classes now also valor point coming back are all great, but at the same time we got this horrible burst meta back and a bad reward structure for pve and also kinda stopped people from playing m+ etc. Sure adjustment are coming, but why did almost every player noticed this way earlier? Imo ofc.

    But am I realy the only one that shadowlands feature trailer left me with: so whats to do for real?? Is thorghast the only new thing? Its just lacking imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-17 at 02:44 PM.

  10. #70
    Diablo 2 remake is great.
    TBC was an great addon, but I'm not gonna play it again. I was raiding to death at the time and still know everything down to the smallest detail. No thanks.
    I don't care for the rest.

    my 2 cents

  11. #71
    Seriously, people was whining and going on cranky to get Vanilla, and now the same people was to add TBC to it, thats no longer Vanilla then so someone please explain to me why Vanilla people simply don't just play retail if they gonne slowly going to get to the retail anyways, its not like Blizzard suddenly going to change anything in the expansions to come...

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Seriously, people was whining and going on cranky to get Vanilla, and now the same people was to add TBC to it, thats no longer Vanilla then so someone please explain to me why Vanilla people simply don't just play retail if they gonne slowly going to get to the retail anyways, its not like Blizzard suddenly going to change anything in the expansions to come...
    Because some people fucking hate Halo 4 but love Halo 1, 2, 3 and ODST. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    With classic being as dead as it is now, I don't see Blizzard investing much more time into the classic version. No way Blizzcon would not have some kind of hype around retail version.
    One can only hope. So we don't have to take a break from raiding because all raiders jumping ship because they gonna play "the best version of wow" only to be back in retail begging for their old raid spot back in less then a month. like it happened in classic, and will happen again if they release tbc classic

  14. #74
    BC Classic means WotLK Classic - I can't wait!

  15. #75
    Not a ton of substance here. This is what everyone has been predicting for months.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Let me just say that I'm fed up with using my Follower tab.. wait, I mean Mission.. waaait... Callings table. I'm fed up with upgrading my borrowed power item i.e. our Artifact we.... no wait, the neck.. nono, I obviously mean the Covenant and Condits tree. But at least they changed how World Quests worked that's been the same for 3 expansions, hmm.. actually no, that is also a 100% copy paste.
    On top of all that, reputation grind is pointless (nothing worth grinding for), Sanctum upgrade is pointless as you get nothing interesting for it, the zones are meh at best with the only thing shining bright is the raid instance.

    So yeah, I've played same expansion since I built my first Garrison I feel like! They intoduced World Quests, Mission table, Borrowed powers with its grind and basically ALL these core features are 100% identical from expansion to expansion with only a graphical change.

    Shadowlands feels like the most copy/pasted expansion ever, NOTHING is new, refreshing or changed around, it's a direct copy of previous expansion's features with new UI.
    If you don't like Raiding, Arena & M+ then it sounds like your issue isn't with Shadowlands, it sounds like you just don't like WoW. At it's core WoW is about Arena, Raiding and now M+. With the exception of M+ that's what it's been since TBC and in Shadowlands I find the dungeons are good, Arena feels good and the Raids cool.

    Did they change a lot of Shadowlands? Not really. They did add Torghast which is kinda cool but not my cupa tea. But almost all the classes feel better IMO, the dungeons are good, the raids good and arena feels spikey and exciting. I don't really care where my power comes from, I do very much like the fact you no longer feel the need to grind it, the fact it caps out and is very easy to cap out is nice as I hated the endless grind stuff I just want to play the game.

    Your complaints appear to boil down to "It's just more World of Warcraft" and well yeah, it's World of Warcraft... Why would you expect anything different?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Overwatch 2: Well here it can get interesting. It will be cool to see what they actually have in store for that game. I like the game, so hope we get something awesome. Difference here compared to the others, is that they will expand the game with new features etc.

    Diablo 4, Immortal and MAYBE D2 = same universe, same core game.

    wow xpac = Same universe, same core game. Yes we get new zones etc, but its still within the same universe and setting nevertheless.

    Non of these are really new. Only one game might experience alot of changes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Different folks, different strokes I guess. I really liked the OW reveal and enjoyed the hell out that game. Heres to hoping for something NEW. Not new in already established games.
    Overwatch & Heroes of the Storm came out 6 years ago and Hearthstone 7 years ago which were all new IPs (I guess HotS & Hearthstone borrow from other IPs but still completely new genres for Blizzard).

    I can't think of any games company that meets your expectations, constantly releasing completely new IPs every 5 years or so. Hell even if it's within the same IP the fact that Blizzard has three brand new games on the horizon and has only recently released a new expansion of an existing MMO is miles above most if not all other developers.

    Do you relise how much time, effort and resources it would take to bring out entirely new IPs constantly?

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    If you don't like Raiding, Arena & M+ then it sounds like your issue isn't with Shadowlands, it sounds like you just don't like WoW. At it's core WoW is about Arena, Raiding and now M+. With the exception of M+ that's what it's been since TBC and in Shadowlands I find the dungeons are good, Arena feels good and the Raids cool.

    Did they change a lot of Shadowlands? Not really. They did add Torghast which is kinda cool but not my cupa tea. But almost all the classes feel better IMO, the dungeons are good, the raids good and arena feels spikey and exciting. I don't really care where my power comes from, I do very much like the fact you no longer feel the need to grind it, the fact it caps out and is very easy to cap out is nice as I hated the endless grind stuff I just want to play the game.

    Your complaints appear to boil down to "It's just more World of Warcraft" and well yeah, it's World of Warcraft... Why would you expect anything different?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Overwatch & Heroes of the Storm came out 6 years ago and Hearthstone 7 years ago which were all new IPs (I guess HotS & Hearthstone borrow from other IPs but still completely new genres for Blizzard).

    I can't think of any games company that meets your expectations, constantly releasing completely new IPs every 5 years or so. Hell even if it's within the same IP the fact that Blizzard has three brand new games on the horizon and has only recently released a new expansion of an existing MMO is miles above most if not all other developers.

    Do you relise how much time, effort and resources it would take to bring out entirely new IPs constantly?
    of course I dont, im not a game dev. Nevertheless, I have high hopes when it comes to Blizzard and everyone can dream of new games even though it most likely wont happen. Likely never. I perfectly understand why they dont make new IPs and instead double down on what they have. Its less risk involved and they obviously generate lots of money from doing it. So why shouldnt they?

    I am someone who grew up with the launches of Starcraft, Diablo 2(missed out on the first game), Warcraft RTS & finally wow. Immense games at the time. Innovating, fantastic worlds, good gameplay. Im probably spoiled in thinking they will ever do a line of games like that again. Not necesarilly in the same genre, but something new.

    I understand why they wont do it, but one can atleast have dreams right?

    Its much more likely we get mobile games for all the excisiting IPs than a new IP.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    If you don't like Raiding, Arena & M+ then it sounds like your issue isn't with Shadowlands, it sounds like you just don't like WoW. At it's core WoW is about Arena, Raiding and now M+. With the exception of M+ that's what it's been since TBC and in Shadowlands I find the dungeons are good, Arena feels good and the Raids cool.

    Did they change a lot of Shadowlands? Not really. They did add Torghast which is kinda cool but not my cupa tea. But almost all the classes feel better IMO, the dungeons are good, the raids good and arena feels spikey and exciting. I don't really care where my power comes from, I do very much like the fact you no longer feel the need to grind it, the fact it caps out and is very easy to cap out is nice as I hated the endless grind stuff I just want to play the game.

    Your complaints appear to boil down to "It's just more World of Warcraft" and well yeah, it's World of Warcraft... Why would you expect anything different?
    If you read carefully I didnt say anything bad about raiding (I even wrote it's the only shiny thing in this shit expansion) and I didnt mention Arena (as I dont do it) nor M+ (as I just do a key and then done). So pretty much all you based your text on is 100% invalid for my case.

    And the last statement is bullshit and you know it, "just more world of warcraft".... yes obviously it's more of WoW but in the past they actually managed to invent and incorporate new stuff into the game, while the last 2 expansions are more or less only a copy/paste on the previous one but with new shiny colors and UI.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I used to think that whenever a music artist/band released a "Greatest Hits" CD, it meant that they were more or less retired. Not always of course.
    Not really. It's a bit complicated, usually dictated by what deals artists sign. Some bands refuse to do them (Metallica) and they negotiated that into their contracts. Other bands, like GnR, had no power over Geffen putting out the greatest hits they did, with Axl being against it. But since their contract didn't prevent it, they were able to make money off the band while Axl twiddled his thumbs for over a decade. They can also be a way for an act to get out of a contract - if they have one album left, they can negotiate a live album or greatest hits album to finish it off, and give up some of their percentage.
    It's the same thing for box sets, and collections - it's just one more way to resell the same product multiple times. Sometimes the artist is fine with it, sometimes not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    i already gave up on wow, its not worht it anymore

    overwatch is pretty much blizzards future tbh, maybe not now, but its their flagship IP this time, so in the future..

    as for diablo 4, idk man, im not feeeling it, im getting vibes thats its gonna fail bad. it already has a micro transaction shop confirmed..
    Me too. The only Blizzard title I'm even casually interested in is D4, but I have the same feeling it won't be good. The people who made Diablo great are long, long gone from the company, even the crew that made D3 remotely playable after the horrific release version are mostly gone.

    Blizzard, I feel, just can't bring the magic anymore. The company they are now are nothing like the company that put the good stuff out.

    The art will be good - they're top notch there, but everything else? I'm not holding my breath for good, let alone great.

  20. #80
    No Retail news is concerning, that's for sure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •