A couple of basic questions about Torghast and Upgrading the Sanctum.

Context: I do not Raid or do Mythics, I prefer alt-a-holicism.

First off I was computerless for 6 weeks and missed the early discussion on this. After two months back in and having leveled up three toons to this point I have developed serious doubts about the usefulness of Torghast runs and anything but Tier 1 of the Sanctums.

Torghast seems mainly of value for gathering Soul Ash for Legendaries which I don't need. As for the two Tier 2 two's* I've seen they do not seem all that valuable period. Have I missed anything ? Because as it stands I am inclined to ignore Torghast and spend my Anima on other things than Sanctum Tiers.

* Necrolord & Kyrian.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post

First off I was computerless for 6 weeks and missed the early discussion on this. After two months back in and having leveled up three toons to this point I have developed serious doubts about the usefulness of Torghast runs and anything but Tier 1 of the Sanctums.

Torghast seems mainly of value for gathering Soul Ash for Legendaries which I don't need. As for the two Tier 2 two's* I've seen they do not seem all that valuable period. Have I missed anything ? Because as it stands I am inclined to ignore Torghast and spend my Anima on other things than Sanctum Tiers.

* Necrolord & Kyrian.
    I don't really understand the question here.

Yes, Torghast only gives you Soul Ash to upgrade your legendaries. Also, you can unlock a shit ton of mission table followers inside as well.

The Sanctum Upgrades are as useful as you want them to be. Personally I hard-rushed the portal to Oribos.
    The second one I'm going to max out is the mission table. 25% faster missions is a lot of time when we're talking 10+ hours.
    I'm a Necrolord and I couldn't care less about the Stitchyard so far.

Other than that most of the Covenant rewards are cosmetic so whatever suits ya.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I don't really understand the question here.

Yes, Torghast only gives you Soul Ash to upgrade your legendaries. Also, you can unlock a shit ton of mission table followers inside as well.

The Sanctum Upgrades are as useful as you want them to be. Personally I hard-rushed the portal to Oribos.
    The second one I'm going to max out is the mission table. 25% faster missions is a lot of time when we're talking 10+ hours.
    I'm a Necrolord and I couldn't care less about the Stitchyard so far.

Other than that most of the Covenant rewards are cosmetic so whatever suits ya.
    Given the number of alts (10) it's a question of is it worth the time.

The mission table. Are all the extra companions from Torghast actually worth the time ? ATM I'm at level 33
    Renown on my main so I have enough pieces to run two fully manned groups. TBH the rewards to this point
    have been pretty weak so why bother making more runs per day ?

The Covenant to Oribos portal would be useful but frankly I would get more value out of upgrading the Covenant
    Armor Set atm and even that is borderline. Having a ton of alts means I can switch characters and come back in
    15 minutes when the hearthstone has reset and continue on my merry way. Tbh the most useful thing I've gotten
    to date from any quest or drop was the weapon I got after finishing the Covenant Campaign.

And finally as for cosmetics they aren't my thing.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2021-02-17 at 01:06 PM.

Given the number of alts (10) it's a question of is it worth the time.

The mission table. Are all the extra companions from Torghast actually worth the time ? ATM I'm at level 33
    Renown on my main so I have enough pieces to run two fully manned groups. TBH the rewards to this point

The Covenant to Oribos portal would be useful but frankly I would get more value out of upgrading the Covenant
    Armor Set atm and even that is borderline. Having a ton of alts means I can switch characters and come back in
    15 minutes when the hearthstone has reset and continue on my merry way. Tbh the most useful thing I've gotten
    to date from any quest or drop was the weapon I got after finishing the Covenant Campaign.

And finally as for cosmetics they aren't my thing.
    How am I supposed to know if it's worth your time?

I do Torghast for Soul Ash, the companions for me are a bonus.
    Idk what you expect from the mission table but I send my followers out to get mounts, soul ash and the occasional skinning box and that's it.
    That 5 minute span where I send stuff out every 10 hours is well worth my time invested.

I don't know what 'rewards' you are looking for in the mission table but don't expect to gear from it obviously.

The vast majority of covenant things are cosmetics. If you don't care about those then you don't have to do them.
    I have no idea what you even expect to get.
    The covenant system is not made to be an alternative gearing option if that's the question. It's a flavor thing. Don't expect more.

How am I supposed to know if it's worth your time?

I do Torghast for Soul Ash, the companions for me are a bonus.
    Idk what you expect from the mission table but I send my followers out to get mounts, soul ash and the occasional skinning box and that's it.
    That 5 minute span where I send stuff out every 10 hours is well worth my time invested.

I don't know what 'rewards' you are looking for in the mission table but don't expect to gear from it obviously.

The vast majority of covenant things are cosmetics. If you don't care about those then you don't have to do them.
    I have no idea what you even expect to get.
    The covenant system is not made to be an alternative gearing option if that's the question. It's a flavor thing. Don't expect more.
    What I'm looking for are benefits I may have over-looked. Generally speaking it's a matter of Time Spent versus Benefit received.
    For me Torghast (so far) has been a pita. That said I will do a pita if there is something (imo) worth pursuing as a reward. Obviously
    the desirability of any reward is in the eye of the beholder but that said you need to know a reward exists before you can evaluate
    it, ergo this post.

In the case of Torghast, Soul Ash doesn't do much for me. But more companions for the mission table would be desirable if the rewards
    I'm seeing were better. ATM I'm seeing gold in the upper 200's (not needed), 30 or 40 anima (meh), useless blues, 1,000ish XP bonuses,
    and just now, Stygia and Soul Ash for the first time. If there were Rep bonuses and/or Battle Scarred Rune equivalents I would definitely
    be interested. But my question isn't whether or not to do missions period but rather whether or not to run Torghast to get more companions
    in order to run another group or two.

Part of my problem I've just realized is that I am already being "forced" to do some content I heartily dislike; The Maw. But my "thing" is
    crafting and I'm stuck with it. What it amounts is I'm balking at running another time suck.

You're not interested in cosmetics and you don't participate in end game PVE content, what DO you do in the game? If we don't know that we can't say what to spend your time/anima on.

If you find legendaries not useful for you, then whatever you may get from the mission table is even more useless. And therefore companions, as well as spending anima on the mission table, are all waste of time. I would suggest saving anima for features like ember court - they at least provide some variety
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

If there were Rep bonuses and/or Battle Scarred Rune equivalents I would definitely
    be interested. But my question isn't whether or not to do missions period but rather whether or not to run Torghast to get more companions
    There is both rep bonuses, starting at 175 and im currently getting 375 per mission. I also get 4x rune missions. Plus a lot of trinkets are pretty OP if you dont do anything else. The 194 versions are more like 213 ilvls, thats how strong some of them are. But you need to grind and upgrade the missions.

Also why would you feel the maw is forced content? you dont do torghast and no leggos so its literally useless for you? Zero point what so ever to ever step foot in the maw?

What I'm looking for are benefits I may have over-looked. Generally speaking it's a matter of Time Spent versus Benefit received.
    For me Torghast (so far) has been a pita. That said I will do a pita if there is something (imo) worth pursuing as a reward. Obviously
    the desirability of any reward is in the eye of the beholder but that said you need to know a reward exists before you can evaluate
    it, ergo this post.
    We need you definition of "benefits" in order to even considering giving you advice on what content gives you stuff that you find a "benefit".

it, ergo this post.

In the case of Torghast, Soul Ash doesn't do much for me. But more companions for the mission table would be desirable if the rewards
    I'm seeing were better. ATM I'm seeing gold in the upper 200's (not needed), 30 or 40 anima (meh), useless blues, 1,000ish XP bonuses,
    and just now, Stygia and Soul Ash for the first time. If there were Rep bonuses and/or Battle Scarred Rune equivalents I would definitely

Part of my problem I've just realized is that I am already being "forced" to do some content I heartily dislike; The Maw. But my "thing" is
    crafting and I'm stuck with it. What it amounts is I'm balking at running another time suck.
    You can get Augment Runes.
    I usually get 3-8 Augment Runes from missions every 3-4 days or so.

With they being sold at 800g/ea on the AH it's a good little extra money for me but that's it.

The other thing you can get is like 4 or 5 different mounts but those require very beefed up followers (at least for Necro).
    Other than that the material caches are cool.
    They always give a good amount of materials (and seeing the 9.0.5 patch leaks they might add even more).

But my question isn't whether or not to do missions period but rather whether or not to run Torghast to get more companions
    If you like doing missions then of course it is worth it. If you don't, then just don't do it, you already seem to avoid all the main game features anyway.

In my 86 clears of torghast one of the bosses dropped a pet for me. You could run torghast hoping to get that pet?

if you dont want mounts/pets/soul ash/gold/crafting mats there is no reason for you to do the missions

* Necrolord & Kyrian.
    If you care neither about character progression nor about cosmetics nor about minigames, what is your motivation in the first place?

You can get Augment Runes.
    I usually get 3-8 Augment Runes from missions every 3-4 days or so.

With they being sold at 800g/ea on the AH it's a good little extra money for me but that's it.

The other thing you can get is like 4 or 5 different mounts but those require very beefed up followers (at least for Necro).
    Other than that the material caches are cool.
    They always give a good amount of materials (and seeing the 9.0.5 patch leaks they might add even more).
    My guys are mid 30s but I've deliberately only kept like ~15 missions into the campaign to keep the missions under wraps. I get plenty of 300-400g missions each day.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My guys are mid 30s but I've deliberately only kept like ~15 missions into the campaign to keep the missions under wraps. I get plenty of 300-400g missions each day.
    I don't do pure gold missions.

They are not efficient at all if you actively farm gold elsewhere in the game (which I do).
    I mean, they get you more gold than mounts for sure, but eh.

I don't do pure gold missions.

They are not efficient at all if you actively farm gold elsewhere in the game (which I do).
    I mean, they get you more gold than mounts for sure, but eh.
    What would be more efficient? The 250 rep missions? So 40 of them you can get a paragon chest with 4k?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    What would be more efficient? The 250 rep missions? So 40 of them you can get a paragon chest with 4k?
    Neither, I'd rather wait for missions that interest me (be it material, soul ash, mount or augment rune).

If I send a group out for 4-10 hours for 3-400 gold they would not only not be available if those missions turn up, they would ruin my chances later due to being damaged as well.
    I don't spend anima to heal them ever.

That's my prio. I can farm gold manually elsewhere for bigger profits (be it enchanting and skinning/lw for me).

Neither, I'd rather wait for missions that interest me (be it material, soul ash, mount or augment rune).

If I send a group out for 4-10 hours for 3-400 gold they would not only not be available if those missions turn up, they would ruin my chances later due to being damaged as well.
    I don't spend anima to heal them ever.

That's my prio. I can farm gold manually elsewhere for bigger profits (be it enchanting and skinning/lw for me).
    I'm a night fae so I have the healer follower. When any of my guys get damaged I find an easy mission with no backline damage, throw in a row of tanks in the front, hurt follower in back left, and healer in back right. When he comes back he's good as new. I, too, have never spent anima on heals.