Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I could see him as a version of cage, though not the original. It would depend on how important the whole "washed up fake fight movie actor" thing is for the character now, I'm not sure what cages defining traits are in the rebooted story, though I assume "pretty boy hollywood" is still a factor.

I could see Jordan as a version of cage where he was an actual fighter, not a washed out movie fighter. Then again, Black Panther is my only experience with his acting so I'm basing my thoughts entirely off his performance there.
    If you mean the Mk9 reboot he’s still Hollywood pretty boy but then evolves into special forces commander with Sonya in 10 and then I believed retired in 11 before coming out of it to help.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you mean the Mk9 reboot he’s still Hollywood pretty boy but then evolves into special forces commander with Sonya in 10 and then I believed retired in 11 before coming out of it to help.
    Ah, ty. In that case I suppose Jordan could do that. I'm not sure how much I like a serious johnny cage but hey screw it see what he can do with it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say about this movie is not great, not terrible. But a MK movie without a tournament is kinda wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    in your original statement, you said: "If this isn't the end credits song in the movie, We riot."

So I was asking how you felt now, but I assumed you were going to watch the movie, but since you haven't the question does not apply.
    oh that was a youtube comment. I laughed at that the most. I am looking forward to it but I now know it isn't the ending theme.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    All I can say about this movie is not great, not terrible. But a MK movie without a tournament is kinda wrong
    That's how I felt. Apparently, they wanted a proper tournament for the potential sequel.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

If they do an actual tournament in the sequel here's how to make it a god tier movie:

Have Shang Tsung res all the bad guys from the first film and have Sektor vs someone in the first round with shitty music with Sektor losing. Then have Kano ask how can they fight properly without good hype music and proceed to use Sektor's remains as an EMD Synthesizer/Mixer and create Techno Syndrome. Then use it for a fight or two until someone gets annoyed and blows up Sektor's remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Who would you cast as Johnny Cage?
    The Miz wants the role. I'd go for it, I hate Cage and I hate Miz. Miz would nail the role.

Never put Lewis Tan in a lead role again. In fact, never cast him again. Dude is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That's how I felt. Apparently, they wanted a proper tournament for the potential sequel.
    I've seen from articles from the usual suspects about a producer saying they want to make an MCU-style cinematic franchise with this movie as a starting point. Viewing the current film from this light, it heavily reflects the same mistakes that the DCEU has made... although it's not surprising, as Warner Bros. is behind both of these. I went back to see what I posted when the trailer was released, and pretty much all my expectations were spot-on:

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Older movies don't take themselves too seriously in that 90's style that's fun. The vibe I'm getting form the trailer is "Justice League meets Mortal Kombat" in terms of tone and aesthetics, which could be a big negative if they don't handle it properly, especially if they don't focus on getting a good script. From the credits thus far, one writer doesn't have a history, and the other writer was a screenplay writer for films like Wonder Woman 1984 and the Doom (2005) movie. Here's hoping the new guy can get a decent script out!

On the producer side of things, both have extensive background in horror/gore/action from well-known franchises, so there's some hope there. I did notice that everyone working on the project has in some way been involved with the DC movies. Not surprising, since Mortal Kombat is a WB property.
    Didn't quote my entire post, but I was highly suspicious concerning the fight scenes in general, as my hunch was you'd get a lot of jump cuts and close-ups to mask what's going on while making something look more frantic and action-packed than it was. And I was right. Even then, it could've been mildly forgiving if the script was worth anything, but skimping out on making the action scenes great is not the way to go with a franchise such as Mortal Kombat. However, everything screams that the focus was making a franchise instead of a good movie, which is very unfortunately (but again, not surprising considering the people behind the scenes).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-04-28 at 10:04 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

For Johnny, some members of the cast were asked and suggested people like James Marsden, Scott Adkins, and Chris Pratt.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so I watched the movie and my big complaint is - who the fuck is Cole or even more importantly why the fuck is Cole.

Movie was pretty good. Sure some characters like Raiden really pale in comparison to something like Christopher Lambert's Raiden - that one's truly THE Raiden. On the other hand Sub-Zero and Scorpion are both pretty cool and it's good they got their story from the get go. Kano was awesome too.

It's a setup movie, so I'm fine with Shang Tsung living, though maybe they should have thrown a bit of Shao Kahn premonition in the end.

Fights and fatalities were good. So ultimately movie's 6.5/10 for me, main reason being the protagonist is so frikkin' bland.

- - - Updated - - -

Really I don't get why they did not just make Johnny Cage take Cole's place as clueless protagonist guy. That alone would make it at least 8/10 by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    For Johnny, some members of the cast were asked and suggested people like James Marsden, Scott Adkins, and Chris Pratt.
    Hmm, needs to be a bit more punchable face.
    Names are a bit bigger but if we go for white actors (can't think of punchable black actors) then I would either for Ryan Reynolds ir maybe Robert Pattinson.

Cage needs to be a douche

aside from the "original character" that they shoehorned into this I have to say I really enjoyed it. really has me hoping it does well enough to get a sequel. more under 2 hour action movies please.

Why did they not just "Copy & Paste" the "MK9 Cutscene movie" from youtube?

Like litterally.. why not just adapt the source material? Lord of the rings, Hunger games & Harry potter manages to turn books into movies,

Why is it so hard for them to do video games?

Also this is the video i was refering to at the start

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Why did they not just "Copy & Paste" the "MK9 Cutscene movie" from youtube?

Like litterally.. why not just adapt the source material? Lord of the rings, Hunger games & Harry potter manages to turn books into movies,

Why is it so hard for them to do video games?

Also this is the video i was refering to at the start

https://youtu.be/yr6poliYefc
    Honestly they should have just made a MK9 trilogy or tv show. It wouldn’t all fit into one movie but they do a way better job of introducing and developing stuff in it then in the actual movie.

Just finished watching the movie. Pretty solid overall, I'd place it the same as the first MK movie. Cheesy, yet a lot of entertaining action!

But man, that Kano character... He made the movie soooo much more enjoyable to watch! He actually had me HARD laugh in pretty much any scene he was in.
    He is definitely the star of it all!
    Who ever is responsible for writing his lines/hiring the actor, kudos to you my man .