Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Well shit, then Silent Hill will keep its title for the Best least worst videogame to movie adaptation.
    I can understand though, MK9 cinematics are hard to top
    I mean MK9 was also a new timeline so there’s no reason it can’t be on par with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't know why they decided to add their own donut steel OC.
    Mabye they were feeling nostalgic MK hasn’t had a new OC since Armageddon with Dagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Mabye they were feeling nostalgic MK hasn’t had a new OC since Armageddon with Dagon.
    I dunno, Takeda is pretty donut steel. Psychic ninja who gets trained by Scorpion is near peak donut steel.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Takeda is pretty donut steel. Psychic ninja who gets trained by Scorpion is near peak donut steel.
    If this was any thing other then MK then He would fit the roll but his psychic powers are nothing next to any one else and he does little in MKX where a prime OC is always the focus showing up the other characters.

Mabye Jackie would count but they had the whole cage magic blood line thing years before X so she kinda just fits into MK.

Sanada as Scorpion? Hell yeah. Just take my money now!

That trailer just melted my computer. Not sure why so many commenters on Youtube are belly aching over the "weakness of that GET OVER HERE" delivery. Ever hear of sublety? For a character who has a flaming skull for a face and slings around a dagger to kill seamlessly with a movie possessing a budget to convey that, the line doesn't need to be delivered to goofball proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    For a character who has a flaming skull for a face and slings around a dagger to kill seamlessly with a movie possessing a budget to convey that, the line doesn't need to be delivered to goofball proportions.
    This is why I don’t read comments. I thought it was fine and freely admit I geeked out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This is why I don’t read comments. I thought it was fine and freely admit I geeked out a bit.
    I did too. I mean, Scorpion being my favorite character has a bit to do with it, but I also love the actor playing him from The Last Samurai and The Wolverine, and he seems to have a role bigger than Shang Tsung's bitch as in the original. I normally just read the first few comments, sometimes they're funny, others, yeah, unjustified belly-aching.

As someone who spent hours playing the original back in the day, I am afraid that no Johnny means no interest from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

This looks great! Kano is so aussie!
    The bit where Sub Zero, took the blood he produced from scorpion and solidified it by turning it into a dagger to then stab Scorpion with it is like 10/10 levels of stupid fun awesome, that I am completely sold...

That Goro CGI looked awful though but whatever. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bi-Han seems like a cold blooded cunt, I like it. Could be a fun movie.

I don't know why they decided to add their own donut steel OC.
    Cole Young. Sounds like it could be an Americanized Kuai Liang. I suspect at some point in the movie he will be revealed as Sub-Zero's (long lost?) brother, then his own Sub-Zero powers will activate, letting them kill off Bi Han while still keeping fan favorite Sub-Zero.

Fuck yes, finally, a good Sub-Zero!

Well, Lewis Tan has the charisma. Saw that in "Into the Badlands."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I completely forgot that Bi-han is the older brother. Didn't he end up becoming Noob Saibot?

Wonder if we'll get future movies and see any of that.
    Yes, Bi-Han was killed by Scorpion and resurrected as a spectre known as Noob Saibot by Quan Chi.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Cole Young. Sounds like it could be an Americanized Kuai Liang. I suspect at some point in the movie he will be revealed as Sub-Zero's (long lost?) brother, then his own Sub-Zero powers will activate, letting them kill off Bi Han while still keeping fan favorite Sub-Zero.
    Oh I really hope this isn’t the case taking away the subzeros brother relationship would suck if they ever do a sequel with noob.

I'm so turned off from the Power Rangers vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the new guy in this? and no Johnny Cage?

Still looking forward to it
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-03-19 at 08:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The new guy is well new.

There’s also some speculation that Johnny might be in the trailer for like half a sec but nothing really beyond that all we know if he isn’t part of the core roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ng-johnny-cage

Interview with producer and on Johnny Cage :

"Lastly, one more problem Garner and his team had was the unsavory idea of a white character (like Johnny Cage) being the hero who saves everyone. (Tan is mixed-race Chinese-British.) In Mortal Kombat lore, Johnny Cage is a Hollywood star who enters the tournament to prove he isn’t a pampered, spoiled A-lister. While Cage is rarely the capital-H hero in any given Mortal Kombat game, he is always somewhere near the center bringing levity to the serious stakes.

Garner didn’t confirm the precise whereabouts of Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat (his name came up a few times during the interview) but his absence thus far suggests the filmmakers are trying something different.

“I feel like if I was getting to make a movie with a diverse cast, it felt weird to have a white actor, literally Johnny Cage, be the hero of the story,” Garner says, adding that these discussions took place at the start of the movie’s pre-production nearly seven years ago “way before Black Lives Matter” and other pushes for diversity across industries including Hollywood. "

--------

Doesn't make any sense, they just had to make Liu Kang the main protagonist (as it should be tbh) instead of introducing a new character that's half chinese, half british. "We don't want a white main hero...but we also don't want a full on chinese male hero so let's go in between." :facepalm:
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2021-03-19 at 06:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    So much this ....
    "lets make Liu Kang main hero? .... nah"
    "lets add Johnny Cage, since people love him and want to see him in movie ... nah"
    "Oooo lets add random new character that no one gives a fuck, surely our film gonna make a millions"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    So much this ....
    "lets make Liu Kang main hero? .... nah"
    "lets add Johnny Cage, since people love him and want to see him in movie ... nah"
    "Oooo lets add random new character that no one gives a fuck, surely our film gonna make a millions"
    maybe they wanted to focus on Liu Kang and others first. I am sure if this film is a success (here's hoping) that we will see Johnny Cage in a sequel. That's the problem with the Mortal Kombat universe; there are so many characters you can't include all of them. This one has 12 named characters already; no Kitana, Johnny Cage, Goro, Reptile, Shao Kahn amongst the cast list. I would definitely wager that they are saving some characters for a possible second movie
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-03-19 at 08:02 AM.