Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uhhhh there was some cringe in the trailer and too ham-fisted game references. Also, why put in a no-name new guy?

This movie has one and only job to do, and that is to give us awesome fights. Hope it will deliver.
    For him to heroically die at the end and come back in a sequel as a villain!

No Cage seems odd, but I’m on board with what I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why are people worrying about plot? This is about fatalities and fight choreography. I look forward to seeing Scorpion fight Sub-Zero.
    People just enjoy complaining about anything they possibly can on the internet. Pretty much the standard for anything releasing in the last 20 years.

I don't know why they decided to add their own donut steel OC.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I kinda like this version of Kano. Wonder if they'll go the betrayal route with him or he dies in this movie since I don't think the Black Dragon Clan was ever allies at any point.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given what's been shown already it seems pretty safe to say its gonna be its own movie script/timeline with things like jax losing his arms to subzero and a new main character.
    Well shit, then Silent Hill will keep its title for the Best least worst videogame to movie adaptation.
    I can understand though, MK9 cinematics are hard to top

If they're smart, they're including this random OC (do not steal) so that they can kill him off in the climatic battle without it effecting any fan-favorites.

If they're not smart, it's going to be some dumbass Resident Evil situation where they made the character literally for no reason.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-19 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Well shit, then Silent Hill will keep its title for the Best least worst videogame to movie adaptation.
    I can understand though, MK9 cinematics are hard to top
    I mean MK9 was also a new timeline so there’s no reason it can’t be on par with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Mabye they were feeling nostalgic MK hasn’t had a new OC since Armageddon with Dagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Mabye they were feeling nostalgic MK hasn’t had a new OC since Armageddon with Dagon.
    I dunno, Takeda is pretty donut steel. Psychic ninja who gets trained by Scorpion is near peak donut steel.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I dunno, Takeda is pretty donut steel. Psychic ninja who gets trained by Scorpion is near peak donut steel.
    If this was any thing other then MK then He would fit the roll but his psychic powers are nothing next to any one else and he does little in MKX where a prime OC is always the focus showing up the other characters.

Mabye Jackie would count but they had the whole cage magic blood line thing years before X so she kinda just fits into MK.

Sanada as Scorpion? Hell yeah. Just take my money now!

That trailer just melted my computer. Not sure why so many commenters on Youtube are belly aching over the "weakness of that GET OVER HERE" delivery. Ever hear of sublety? For a character who has a flaming skull for a face and slings around a dagger to kill seamlessly with a movie possessing a budget to convey that, the line doesn't need to be delivered to goofball proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    For a character who has a flaming skull for a face and slings around a dagger to kill seamlessly with a movie possessing a budget to convey that, the line doesn't need to be delivered to goofball proportions.
    This is why I don’t read comments. I thought it was fine and freely admit I geeked out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This is why I don’t read comments. I thought it was fine and freely admit I geeked out a bit.
    I did too. I mean, Scorpion being my favorite character has a bit to do with it, but I also love the actor playing him from The Last Samurai and The Wolverine, and he seems to have a role bigger than Shang Tsung's bitch as in the original. I normally just read the first few comments, sometimes they're funny, others, yeah, unjustified belly-aching.

As someone who spent hours playing the original back in the day, I am afraid that no Johnny means no interest from me.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

This looks great! Kano is so aussie!
    The bit where Sub Zero, took the blood he produced from scorpion and solidified it by turning it into a dagger to then stab Scorpion with it is like 10/10 levels of stupid fun awesome, that I am completely sold...

That Goro CGI looked awful though but whatever. :P

Bi-Han seems like a cold blooded cunt, I like it. Could be a fun movie.

Cole Young. Sounds like it could be an Americanized Kuai Liang. I suspect at some point in the movie he will be revealed as Sub-Zero's (long lost?) brother, then his own Sub-Zero powers will activate, letting them kill off Bi Han while still keeping fan favorite Sub-Zero.

Fuck yes, finally, a good Sub-Zero!
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Cole Young. Sounds like it could be an Americanized Kuai Liang. I suspect at some point in the movie he will be revealed as Sub-Zero's (long lost?) brother, then his own Sub-Zero powers will activate, letting them kill off Bi Han while still keeping fan favorite Sub-Zero.
    I completely forgot that Bi-han is the older brother. Didn't he end up becoming Noob Saibot?

Wonder if we'll get future movies and see any of that.

Well, Lewis Tan has the charisma. Saw that in "Into the Badlands."

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I completely forgot that Bi-han is the older brother. Didn't he end up becoming Noob Saibot?

Wonder if we'll get future movies and see any of that.
    Yes, Bi-Han was killed by Scorpion and resurrected as a spectre known as Noob Saibot by Quan Chi.