Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    they could do both at the same time but as quotes from different interviews show they wasn't to avoid an ego class between both Kano and Johnny being the comic relief and would like to give Johnny a bigger role if they can do more after this movie.
    Which again reads like a whole lot of excuses, because they could very easily do both

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    It's not about Johnny being white, it's about Johnny being in the movie there he belongs, not replaced by a random literally who
    Johnny wasn't replaced with Cole Johnny doesn't belong in the hero roll. you can argue that he should be in Kano's place but obviously the film markers want to have kano Ham it up before going black dragon and want to do more with Johnny later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    As much sense as Indian/Asian Kitana with Caucasian parents.
    That's the point - none of it has ever really made any sense, and none of the secondary characters are actually that important.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I trust you'll be just as pissed when they don't include other OG characters like Baraka and Kitana?
    I'll be pissed if they were scraped off and replaced by no-names Babooka and Kittina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Which again reads like a whole lot of excuses, because they could very easily do both
    how many movie's have you seen with a core hero cast of 9 with two egotistical comic relief characters done well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I'll be pissed if they were scraped off and replaced by no-names Babooka and Kittina
    Cole Young sounds nothing like Johnny Cage. Is MK not allowed to invent new characters for their franchise now?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I really worry about Shao Kahn. Apparently he will be played by that dude who always plays some super side character that appears on the screen for like 10 seconds during the entire movie and has like a couple of lines of dialogue. If they're gonna have Shao Kahn as a scenery character that just sits on a throne the entire movie, I'm gonna be pissed. On the other hand I don't trust Nathan Jones' ability to actually play a full character.

Let's stay on topic and not delve into forbidden topics. Consider this the threads warning.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really worry about Shao Kahn. Apparently he will be played by that dude who always plays some super side character that appears on the screen for like 10 seconds during the entire movie and has like a couple of lines of dialogue. If they're gonna have Shao Kahn as a scenery character that just sits on a throne the entire movie, I'm gonna be pissed. On the other hand I don't trust Nathan Jones' ability to actually play a full character.
    there's a fairly good chance hell take a thanos esc roll if they stick to how MK1 and 9 went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    now that is utterly ridiculous. How did the manage to replace Johnny Cage and cast a not-that-great Nathan Jones for the iconic shao kahn role at the same time? Sheesh

it being solely based of race doesn't even make sense as they have kano filling the funny guy role and he's just as white as johnny. they might have had race in mind when it came to who would be the lead but it obviously isn't why he's not in the movie.
    Is kano the main character? no? then stfu and stop bringing him up and/or learn to read

"And I early on felt uncomfortable having a white male lead kind of lead that charge in the first movie"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Is kano the main character? no? then stfu and stop bringing him up and/or learn to read

"And I early on felt uncomfortable having a white male lead kind of lead that charge in the first movie"
    so you didn't even read my post you just quoted? here ill say it again.
    they might have had race in mind when it came to who would be the lead but it obviously isn't why he's not in the movie.
    so ya one of us needs to learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Let's stay on topic and not delve into forbidden topics. Consider this the threads warning.
    OT; wished Mods that give warnings would update the Thread Title with [MOD] tag attached to it and their warning in the OP like a lot of other forums do... because frequently people don't see said warning.

how many movie's have you seen with a core hero cast of 9 with two egotistical comic relief characters done well?
    You mean other than the original Mortal Kombat film ?

so you didn't even read my post you just quoted? here ill say it again.
    they might have had race in mind when it came to who would be the lead but it obviously isn't why he's not in the movie.
    so ya one of us needs to learn to read.

"having a white male lead kind of lead that charge in the first movie"

"white male lead"

"white male"

There, did you got it now? the "i'll put it on the sequel" is a cop-out

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    You mean other than the original Mortal Kombat film ?
    you haven't seen the original movie have you?

this is the good guy cast in the original, you may notice there is no Kung lao, no scorpion, no Jax, no Kano. would you like to try again?

- - - Updated - - -

"having a white male lead kind of lead that charge in the first movie"

"white male lead"

"white male"

There, did you got it now? the "i'll put it on the sequel" is a cop-out
    So you still didn't read my post then? as I said race was a faction in not making him the lead but it wasn't a factor in rather he was in the movie or not. Johnny's role has never been to be the hero or the main character his role has always been that of comic relief on the side a roll that Kano is filling in this movie as they have said in interviews.

you haven't seen the original movie have you?

this is the good guy cast in the original, you may notice there is no Kung lao, no scorpion, no Jax, no Kano. would you like to try again?

- - - Updated - - -

So you still didn't read my post then? as I said race was a faction in not making him the lead but it wasn't a factor in rather he was in the movie or not. Johnny's role has never been to be the hero or the main character his role has always been that of comic relief on the side a roll that Kano is filling in this movie as they have said in interviews.
    Alright then, explain why Johnny isnt in the movie then, explain why there's a Mileena but not Kitana, why Kabal but not Stryker, and why the hell is Nitara there?

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright then, explain why Johnny isnt in the movie then, explain why there's a Mileena but not Kitana, why Kabal but not Stryker, and why the hell is Nitara there?
    I've posted the reason a few times but for the reading impaired I shall again, right from the horses mouth.

“The reason we held back Johnny Cage is he is a very egotistical guy. He’s a scoundrel. He’s funny. He’s bigger than life… and so is Kano,” producer Todd Garner had said during a presser, picked up by Gamespot. “So you go, ‘Alright, are we gonna just gonna have two guys competing to [see who can] out-funny each other and out-ego each other in this movie? Or do you hold Johnny Cage back?
    https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/18/joh...-kombat-movie/

as for the other's your guess is as good as mine as i haven't seen any statements released about any but Stryker but id guess many fall into the same one for Stryker.

But just because people’s favorite characters aren’t in Mortal Kombat doesn’t mean they won’t ever appear onscreen. “We don’t want to disappoint the fans,” Garner says. “That being said, there’s no possible way to make a movie where everybody gets what they want.”

But perhaps that’s something that can change in the future, should the film land with authority, paving the way for a Mortal Kombat Universe. And before you start joking about “SonyaVision,” just know, Garner is one step ahead.

“I would make WandaVision for Liu Kang and Kung Lao,” he says. “I would do a Stryker movie. I would do a Sonya and Jax movie and make it like Black Hawk Down. I’m not trying to fight fans. There’s legitimate reasons we did everything.”
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-03-20 at 12:04 AM.

I've posted the reason a few times but for the reading impaired I shall again, right from the horses mouth.

https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/18/joh...-kombat-movie/

as for the other's your guess is as good as mine as i haven't seen any statements released about any but Stryker but id guess many fall into the same one for Stryker.
    Kano and Johnny as characters are absolutely nothing alike.

This stinks to high heaven as if theres been some rather deserved pushback from fans pissed that every single OG character is in the movie except one and race was mentioned multiple times as a factor why and now its time to come up with flimsy excuses why as damage control.

Even the 95 movie had all the OG characters from the game.

This just stinks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Kano and Johnny as characters are absolutely nothing alike.

This stinks to high heaven as if theres been some rather deserved pushback from fans pissed that every single OG character is in the movie except one and race was mentioned multiple times as a factor why and now its time to come up with flimsy excuses why as damage control.

Even the 95 movie had all the OG characters from the game.

This just stinks
    I mean there both big talking hammy egotist, with kano being on the hero's side atleast at the start there is a ton of personally overlap until they get to the obvious back stab.

as far as the interview goes it doesn't say any where that Johnny isn't in the movie because of his race or any thing reason its solely about why he's not the main character just like how they cover why liu kang isn't the lead. Race obviously isn't what's baring him from being in the movie as they could swap kano out with him as the wise guy and have no problem as there both white guys.

also the 95 movie both scorpion and subzero but fodder bad guys with no real character so sure it had all the OG's but when you don't develop them at all that really means nothing.