Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Obviously, I mean I didn't spend my youth playing the original game when it was actually current, you got me . Anyway, enjoy your character-driven drama with strong actor performances that couldn't have a white bloke in the film totally because he would be a second joker and we can't have too many of those around
    roflmao

Imagine this being the incident to get culture-warriors to understand why representation is important. Feels shitty to be excluded, doesn't it?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    roflmao

Imagine this being the incident to get culture-warriors to understand why representation is important. Feels shitty to be excluded, doesn't it?
    I mean they aren't even excluded. as much as people want to whine Kano is still a white dude when they could have gone back to his original to make that not the case.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-03-24 at 09:31 PM.

What’s with the fixation on who’s a good guy ? I could care less who’s good and evil as long as the characters from the game are represented. Literally Lui kang, raiden and Kung Lao have been portrayed as baddies in the games and scorpion has been more a bad guy then good guy historically in the games.

Saying scorpion and subzero from the 95 movie don’t count cause they were bad guys with little development is so stupid when they were literally one of the best and most memorable parts from that movie.
    It was a brisk 95 video game movie of course they didn’t get extensive development.... NOBODY did

100% Kano will not be a good guy in this movie no matter how you read into the trailer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    100% Kano will not be a good guy in this movie no matter how you read into the trailer.
    Ofc not, he was standing there with dudes ripped out heart in the trailer.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Saying scorpion and subzero from the 95 movie don’t count cause they were bad guys with little development is so stupid when they were literally one of the best and most memorable parts from that movie.
    It was a brisk 95 video game movie of course they didn’t get extensive development.... NOBODY did
    It’s not that any one expected them to get extensive development in the 95 movie it’s that this movie is actually giving them said development (scorpion at least) which means more screen time needs to be given to them and thus less to other characters.

Ideally they could have every one they wanted and give them enough screen time to have them all feel like proper fleshed out characters but realistic no studio is gonna let them make a movie that long with no guarantee of making there money back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ofc not, he was standing there with dudes ripped out heart in the trailer.
    Jax is also shown right before he’s gonna pulp some ones head so ripping out a heart doesn’t really tell us much of how the story will play out.

I figure they will do something like MK9 where he will be a “good” guy before stabbing them in the back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jax is also shown right before he’s gonna pulp some ones head so ripping out a heart doesn’t really tell us much of how the story will play out.

I figure they will do something like MK9 where he will be a “good” guy before stabbing them in the back.
    But it was Kano dude grinning and laughing while doing nasty shit. I mean c'mon guys, we all know theses characters for decades. We know how they gonna behave and progress. Movie wont suddenly change them. Kano is gonna be evil and will betray the team, guaranteed.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-24 at 11:03 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But it was Kano dude grinning and laughing while doing nasty shit. I mean c'mon guys, we all know theses characters for decades. We know how they gonna behave and progress. Movie wont suddenly change them. Kano is gonna betray the team, guaranteed.
    ya the Betray is pretty guaranteed it just comes down to when in the movie they'll actually do it. while they could in theory leave it as a cliff hanger at the end I expect it to be closer to the mid way point when the tournament is in full swing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Except...aren't the "normal" characters (Sonya, Johnny, Jax, etc) from Earthrealm initially unaware of what's going on? I'm no MK buff, but I don't remember them knowing about the tournament or other realms before the story starts. There are plenty of reasonable justifications for creating an entirely new character for the movie that's supposed to introduce people to the world, but this isn't one of them.
    They're "aware" of it, in so much as the information has been gathered over time and they seem to have been attempting to pinpoint it. This suggests that we will be going into the story from the point in time where the first few minutes are literally getting people caught up to the story start. I could be wrong, but that is what I get from the trailer.

The idea being that Sonya, Jax, etc.. at the point where the movie starts know ABOUT the tournament.. or the series of events that become the tournament.. But aren't fully immersed in it. Which is why, especially in the beginning, Cole makes sense as the audience vehicle at the start. As the movie progresses, it is possible that without that Stan, you would see a rift between people who know and people who don't. Which is where the Stan matters. As I said, I am perfectly fine with Cole as that Stan, so long as over the course of the movie.. His character will make sense. Maybe he IS Reptile? would be interesting, and there is some interesting anecdotal evidence to support it. I have been an MK fan since '93 when I had my Super Nintendo. Saw the original Movie an embarassing number of times in theaters, and yeah.. we don't talk about the "other" movie. For the first time since that random MK youtube trailer came out back in 2012, I am legit hyped for an MK media. I hope this goes well.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Well this sucks.
    Mortal Kombat, the upcoming Warner Bros. movie adaptation pulled from the video game series, has been delayed by a week, according to a Variety report. Originally scheduled for April 16, Mortal Kombat will now hit theaters and HBO Max on April 23. Warner Bros. confirmed the delay to Polygon.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.poly...-date-april-23

Only a week, could be worse.

A week... I'm sure you'll survive.

As a true fan of this universe, I can wait until 2022, the main thing is that the film meets my expectations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Kombat | 2021| Clip "Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero HD

BD Horror Trailers and Clips
    Apr 16, 2021

First 7 Minutes

Anyone else think that looked like Scorpion's son started to freeze Sub-Zero's hand? Wife seemed to understand Chinese unlike Scorpion, could this be a Romeo and Juliet thing with her being from the Lin Kuei? Is Cole Young going to end up being a descendant of the baby left under the floorboards, and heir to both the Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei?

The Scorpion/Sub Zero look amazing but it kind of worries me that they would release that. Does that mean the rest of the film is garbage? Or are they just trying to hype people up?

hooo boy as someone in this 30s this movie is a godsent. here is original mortal kombat theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

I expect after this movie, half the world population will watch it lmao
    lmao at youtube comments;

If this isn't the end credits song in the movie, We riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mortal Kombat lore is a bit rusty (as it I am not too familiar and well read on it), but isnt there actually two Sub Zero's, the second was was more a semi-good guy, the first one was a bit of an ass hole bad guy, the movie being here shows the first sub zero right?

Also a gripe I have with western produced martial arts movies which is the cinematography and the amount of cuts and edits to them, and I see that a lot in this movies fight scenes, I hope it isnt going to be too much of a problem for me. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-21 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My Mortal Kombat lore is a bit rusty (as it I am not too familiar and well read on it), but isnt there actually two Sub Zero's, the second was was more a semi-good guy, the first one was a bit of an ass hole bad guy
    That's correct. Bi-Han is the Sub-Zero in the first tournament, he gets killed and is replaced by Kuai Liang, who is the Sub-Zero going forward. Bi-Han ends up becoming another character in the series, ill skip saying who in case it happens in the movies and spoilers being what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My Mortal Kombat lore is a bit rusty (as it I am not too familiar and well read on it), but isnt there actually two Sub Zero's, the second was was more a semi-good guy, the first one was a bit of an ass hole bad guy, the movie being here shows the first sub zero right?

Also a gripe I have with western produced martial arts movies which is the cinematography and the amount of cuts and edits to them, and I see that a lot in this movies fight scenes, I hope it isnt going to be too much of a problem for me. :P
    Yes, there's the Sub-Zero from the first tournament and then his brother that took the mantle of Sub-Zero from MK II going forward. The movie however is showing a Sub-Zero named Bi-Han(the MK I Sub-Zero) from 400 years ago. He's gonna be really old if he's the same Sub-Zero in the rest of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Yes, there's the Sub-Zero from the first tournament and then his brother that took the mantle of Sub-Zero from MK II going forward. The movie however is showing a Sub-Zero named Bi-Han(the MK I Sub-Zero) from 400 years ago. He's gonna be really old if he's the same Sub-Zero in the rest of the movie.
    Maybe Shang Tsung kept him ... on ice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.