Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.

New slice and dice change from ptr notes

What's up rogue forums, my rogue is my first alt, I love her!

So I was reading up on the notes and I was a little confused about the changes to snd. I couldn't really much tell what the difference was actually. Was there an actual change?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    What's up rogue forums, my rogue is my first alt, I love her!

So I was reading up on the notes and I was a little confused about the changes to snd. I couldn't really much tell what the difference was actually. Was there an actual change?
    The tooltip change was to reflect the fact that all Rogue specs now get the 10% energy regen from S&D, which was previously Assassination only - since that was baked into the tooltip (changing based on spec) they updated it to be the same for everyone (since all specs have it now). Other than that nothing changed about S&D.

This is the major change (Assassin only)

Assassination
    Cut to the Chase (New) Envenom extends the duration of Slice and Dice by up to 3 sec per combo point spent. Rogue - Assassination Spec. Rogue - Assassination Spec.

Better but still obnoxious, they just need to make it passive like how it used to be.

They did the same thing in the past:

SND > make Envenom refresh > guaranteed it goes back to passive by 9.2 or 9.3

Flagellation change looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The tooltip change was to reflect the fact that all Rogue specs now get the 10% energy regen from S&D, which was previously Assassination only - since that was baked into the tooltip (changing based on spec) they updated it to be the same for everyone (since all specs have it now). Other than that nothing changed about S&D.
    No, they removed the 10% energy regen. No spec gets it now.

They cushioned the blow for assassination by having venomous wounds give back one more energy per appropriate bleed tick.

Cut to the Chase returning is a terrible change. Now Assassin will just go back to mindlessly spamming Envenom like in BfA. Having to pay attention to SnD made the spec more engaging. CttC should never be anything more than a talent.
    Last edited by RamenBowl; 2021-02-18 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post

They cushioned the blow for assassination by having venomous wounds give back one more energy per appropriate bleed tick.
    i also been struggling with this. Why would they remove the regen, snd being on gcd is main prob btw

Quote Originally Posted by RamenBowl View Post
    Cut to the Chase returning is a terrible change. Now Assassin will just go back to mindlessly spamming Envenom like in BfA. Having to pay attention to SnD made the spec more engaging. CttC should never be anything more than a talent.
    SND imo is super boring, I don't mind having another finisher option but SND aint it.

All Cut to the Chase will do is lobotomize Assassination all over again, which I thought we escaped from after BfA. If it must return, then it certainly shouldn't be as strong as it is in these patch notes. 1 second per combo point spent would suffice, down from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RamenBowl View Post
    All Cut to the Chase will do is lobotomize Assassination all over again, which I thought we escaped from after BfA. If it must return, then it certainly shouldn't be as strong as it is in these patch notes. 1 second per combo point spent would suffice, down from 3.
    Didn’t envenom refreshing SnD start in Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post

Previously it was assassination only, no? So it only affects that spec and is compansated by VW buff

It should be equal on single target and is actually a buff for aoe/cleave

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    No, they just removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Nope.

Can't tell you when it started, but it for sure wasn't Wrath. I don't recall it doing that in Cataclysm, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Nope.

Can't tell you when it started, but it for sure wasn't Wrath. I don't recall it doing that in Cataclysm, either.
    It was in MoP. I'd picked up Rogue around then and settled on Assassination, and I believe that it was a talent - Full refresh on SnD with Envenom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yes.

It was a 5 point talent in WotLK, 3 point talent in Cata, made passive in MoP, integrated into envenom in WoD and finally removed in Legion when Slice and Dice became an outlaw talent.

It will pretty much go the same now, luckily we start the cycle that leads to removing slice and dice for assa once again already at the WoD stage. It's almost as if it was the right call to remove it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    , and I believe that it was a talent - Full refresh on SnD with Envenom.
    Cata had a second 2 point talent that gave a full SnD refresh and 40% crit for the next ability after killing an exp/honor yielding enemy.
    Last edited by Twdft; 2021-02-18 at 06:50 AM.

It's actually mind-boggling to me there were people who are paid real human money by blizzard that thought lazily chucking SnD back into a spec designed around not having SnD would work and further that it wouldn't need a passive to make it work that it's had for the majority of the game's existence.

Like anyone who's played muti for one second and has any inkling of critical analysis could see naked SnD will never fit into muti without a deeper mechanical rework (which blizzard is too lazy to do).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Nope.

It was in Wrath.

Nope.

It was in Wrath.

I do like the SL one more because while 15 sec is a lot, it's not quite a full refresh, so you still have to pay some attention to it. It also makes sense for Assassination to be the only spec to have it as they have the most shit to maintain.

Every spec has a "secondary finisher" already (Rupture/Between the Eyes). No one needs a third fluff finisher that can be left alone as a passive attached to other finishers (like the Alacrity talent).

There are ways to bring spice to the class, and a dreadfully boring and void finisher is not and never was. It's a lazy ability that only deserves a lazy mechanic.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

It was in Wrath.

I do like the SL one more because while 15 sec is a lot, it's not quite a full refresh, so you still have to pay some attention to it. It also makes sense for Assassination to be the only spec to have it as they have the most shit to maintain.
    Yeah, same reason i like it. As for maintenance, Assa actually doesn't have much of it and needs more buttons to press overall.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yes, but it refreshed it to it's full duration from even just 1 cp. Then in wod it was just made passive attack speed. Then in in legion it was removed all together and we know where we are now. It should have just stayed gone.